PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should probably invest in a psychiatrist at this point.

Guy is not all there mentally and it’s a bit scary to watch a person break down this much in the public eye.
brain damage..

It's kind of a bummer nobody close to him (if anyone even remains...) is trying to let him know he's having a full mental breakdown. Dude is legitimately crazy and needs help.
Some people need to hit rock bottom.

Ok found it!

upload_2019-9-7_10-43-39.jpeg

His agent has the most to lose ($$ wise aside from AB) and Drew Rosenhaus must be regretting ever signing the guy.......
Step one in Brown’s rehabilitation:
Rosenhaus fires his client

It's kind of a bummer nobody close to him (if anyone even remains...) is trying to let him know he's having a full mental breakdown. Dude is legitimately crazy and needs help.

Yeah, it doesn't always happen.

Honestly I think there's probably a lot of tirades/shouting matches/name calling between players and coaches. This one just got a lot of press because it's AB and the dude has had other issues.

I don't doubt for an instant there's 'tirades/shouting matches/name calling between players and coaches.' I do however doubt there's many between players and GM's. As for AB...

yxxq2vjgszdy.jpg

What I find amazing is that AB has NO ONE in his entourage that will sit him down and get him to just STOP. Like a poster earlier mentioned his fire back posting AFTER his supposed apology was done with the help of others who abetted this insane behavior.

I mean all the guy had to do was shut up and play the game. He couldn't let it go. And while I image there is rejoicing in Pittsburgh, there should also be shame. They were the organization that evidently taught him this behavior was OK.

I was among those who would have liked to have AB on the Pats. I figured that between Brady and Bellichick he'd have 2 leaders he'd HAVE to respect and a team culture he could find comfort in. But after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with this last move, I see that his kind of crazy won't be contained even by the Pats strong team culture.

What a shame. Hard to see a talent like his self destruct in public.

Now, more seriously, shouldn't the CBA argue that AB should be put on IR while he is treated for his mental illness?

In case you missed this from the social media section (btw the emoji is my addition)

"I'm here to elevate everything around me. I'm here to just be a surge of energy, of positivity, and good force. A great teammate and to bring out the best of everyone around me cause we all know it's not just about me."
:rolleyes:

- Antonio Brown at his introductory Raiders presser.

T.O. looks like a choirboy compared to Brown. This is next level weird. I had a bad feeling about him the day he was walking around with bleached facial hair.

Just wait until AB auctions the rest of his secretly recorded tapes to the highest bidder..........

99% he's played his last snap in the NFL. But this will go on for years......

1% - - - could any of this video be WITH Gruden's acceptance. Work with me here - - -Gruden IS an unabashed media whore. He doesn't come off as "Hitler" in the phone call. If AB shows up and plays, and does well this season (I know a big "IF"), Gruden gets to say the velvet touch works and he's some sort of psych genius.

Plus, if AB is there Monday Night - - - how much is Goodell secretly funnelling back to the Raiders/Gruden's personal bank account for the BOFFO TV ratings?

But prob not......:)

Last edited:
You know what? I have changed my mind. I want AB. The guy is ****ing nuts. But I bet he's got a huge chip on his shoulder now after everything and one year with him is good enough for another SB. You know he'd do it just to piss everyone off

So, after all the crap, Gruden shakes his pinky and says we are all good and you will be playing Sunday. Then later that night they fine him $215,000, void $29 million dollars of his bonuses, and then say they expect him to play Sunday. However he got there, and it is of course his fault, pretty sure that wasn't a good way to handle things.

You know what? I have changed my mind. I want AB. The guy is ****ing nuts. But I bet he's got a huge chip on his shoulder now after everything and one year with him is good enough for another SB. You know he'd do it just to piss everyone off
I'm thinking the same

Would anyone really be surprised if this ended with a self-inflicted gunshot to the head in a parking lot?
I simply cannot believe the complicity of those around him to allow it to have gotten to this point. His agent should be decertified. It is shameful!

What I find amazing is that AB has NO ONE in his entourage that will sit him down and get him to just STOP. Like a poster earlier mentioned his fire back posting AFTER his supposed apology was done with the help of others who abetted this insane behavior.

I mean all the guy had to do was shut up and play the game. He couldn't let it go. And while I image there is rejoicing in Pittsburgh, there should also be shame. They were the organization that evidently taught him this behavior was OK.

I was among those who would have liked to have AB on the Pats. I figured that between Brady and Bellichick he'd have 2 leaders he'd HAVE to respect and a team culture he could find comfort in. But after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with this last move, I see that his kind of crazy won't be contained even by the Pats strong team culture.

What a shame. Hard to see a talent like his self destruct in public.
I don’t think the Steelers should feel shame or responsibility for his almost psychotic behavior. They didn’t teach him that this was “OK”. If anything you could look back and think how the **** did they keep him semi in line all these years?

The reason why most star players without Super Bowl rings act out is because they don’t respect the team they are on. With that being said, The only team where I think Brown would actually shut his mouth would be the Pats because he would get run out of the room if he tried to disrespect Brady, BB or any of the other veterans on the team. The reason why most veterans that were “problems” on their former teams but are on their best behavior with the Pats is because they aren’t the “alpha dogs” on their team anymore. Brown would get put in his place fast.

Whoever Antonio Brown's agent/PR/Social Media person is has done him a tremendous disservice.
Don't know about the others, but Drew Rosenhaus is his agent...and I seriously doubt that he approves of Clowntonio's shenanigans...I realize that he was also To's agent, but that's what happens sometimes when you represent, among many others, diva WRs... Bill has never really had a problem negotiating with Rosenhaus, unlike other agents such as Tom Condon & whoever was Logan Mankin$' agent...I'm guessing that Clowntonio has been behaving this way in spite of his agent's advice, not because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3