PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but wonder what the relationship between gruden and mayock is like
Probably better today than yesterday. They fine him a quarter of a million dollars and took away his guarantees for the shouting match. That showed at least SOME backing by the team for Mayock. And now AB's actions are just confirming Mayock's assessment. So maybe it's a bit better. I wouldn't be surprised though if Mayock is gone after this year. He seems like a prideful guy. But maybe the money is just too big for him to quit.

If BB gets him all the negative Nellies will be instantly on board. It's the way it works.
I still hope they go after him. I now believe that it wouldn't work, but think of the great theater it would be.....and what the results would be if I were wrong. Regardless it would be great to watch it happen.

AB could be BB's greatest reclamation project of his career.

Wait I thought the 21 mil was the hit to the Steelers salary cap, not money they have to pay him?[/QUOTE]

Good point. Unclear from that article, but yeah I think it's just salary cap space, not payment:

".....The Pittsburgh Steelers are spending $21.12 million on Antonio Brown in 2019, even though he’s not on the team anymore. Pittsburgh was willing to sink one-ninth of its salary cap and lose the seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver in exchange for just third- and fifth-round picks in the 2019 NFL Draft."

I still hope they go after him. I now believe that it wouldn't work, but think of the great theater it would be.....and what the results would be if I were wrong. Regardless it would be great to watch it happen.

Pat him down for wires first.......

And ...he has been released

If BB gets him all the negative Nellies will be instantly on board. It's the way it works.

"will be"?????

You must be new here. Welcome!

get him Bill..

Wow he's at Logan already
1h0CLeF_d.jpg

HFS!

Regards,
Chris

Would anyone really be surprised if this ended with a self-inflicted gunshot to the head in a parking lot?
I simply cannot believe the complicity of those around him to allow it to have gotten to this point. His agent should be decertified. It is shameful!

IMO he is too vain to shoot himself in the head. More likely by carbon dioxide in his closed 10 car garage sitting in his
Rolls Royce.

More than ever before, I want so badly to be wrong.

Belichick has seen pretty much everything in his career so I don't think AB will scare him. He cares about what happens on the field and this player always gives 100% in practice or games. That being said I think he'd be on a short leash and he'd know what he did on this team
can follow him for good or bad down the road.

Ken, I hope they concentrate on keeping Gordon healthy, reclaiming Demarius Thomas' career and becoming the first franchise in history to win 7 Lombardis.

I'll settle for those modest goals. :D

They couldn't even fix the guy from snorting lines on a vertical mirror and getting blazed like Method Man and Redman from How High.

What would Belichick or Brady say that would even make Brown focus on football?
Well they’ve gotten josh Gordon on the right track but Gordon has a drug problem not a mental illness problem.

I have little doubt that BB would take a chance on AB but would only do it for short money. Do not see AB playing without major guarantees and I can't see the Pats going for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes