PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's check in with our friendly Steeler fans (Merged: Other Team Forums React (AB - Patriots))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Chiefs planet is a good representation of what Kansas City is actually like

Easily the largest bunch of degenerates on a sports forum that I’ve come across.
Have you ever seen the cast of characters who populate the Ozarks?

Have you ever seen the cast of characters who populate the Ozarks?

I've encountered several native Missouri KC fans...yep, that forum is representative.

To add a little more context, idiots believe that the Patriots are the biggest cheaters in football history because they tampered with footballs and used illegal electronic devices on the sideline. Their combines penalties, which idiots believe prove how super serious the infractions were, were the loss of 2 first round picks, a 4th round pick, starting QB suspended for 4 games and $1.75 million in fines. In addition, these rules violations are referenced constantly.

In December of 2016, the New York Giants were guilty of tampering with footballs (measuring the PSI of footballs used by the Steelers) and using illegal electronic devices on the sideline (walkie-talkies.) These actions, we're told, are the most serious rules violations in NFL history, threatening the league's core values of honest competition and fair play. The Giants penalties were only for the walkie-talkie use and resulted in $200k in fines and their 4th round pick dropped 10 spots, from #130 to #140. Neither they or the Steelers were penalized for tampering with footballs and both of these rules violations are rarely, if ever, mentioned.

But, yeah, the Patriots are "above the rules" and the league looks out for them and covers up their misdeeds.

Not to mention the fact that they didn't ACTUALLY tamper with the footballs. This point gets glossed over way to much IMO.

I also started following sports mid 70's when I was a wee lad. Most of my youth was terrible except for the Celts. Now my adult life has been spoiled. And man am I old.
I started in mid 60’s Bobby Orr days. If you are old then I am almost dead :(

Every fan base has a contingent of fans who believe:
Our team is more moral/ethical than others
The NFL is out to get their team and they regularly get hosed by the refs
The league is fixed (of course their team has never been the beneficiary of it)
The allegations against the Pats are some of the worst in the history of the league

I wonder if the Chiefs planet is a good representation of what Kansas City is actually like

Easily the largest bunch of degenerates on a sports forum that I’ve come across.
Just ask our own Triumph, he's from the MethWest.

No matter what happens with AB and the Pats, these reactions make it all worth it. Steelers declined a 1st round pick from us originally too hahaha

Am I wrong in saying there isn't a lot of wishing injuries on guys here? I feel like nobody ever says that. These other forums say that ALL THE TIME.

I don't want to say we're better than them, but we're better than them.
Totally agree. I was thinking this same thought when reading those threads on other sites. We may say we hate a player on here and hope he goes down in flames or has a bad game, or bad year, but we are always talking about performance, not hurting someone. I guess those folks don't believe in karma (but maybe they should).

they're so stupid they believe in "comma"....which is apropos since it's the only punctuation mark besides the period that they teach in Whackjaw Junction Middle school, Missouri

Just wait till Brady wins his 7th and rendering all their bragging rights irrelevant :D

I know one person from KC and he is a racist prick. So per law I hate them all.

they're so stupid they believe in "comma"....which is apropos since it's the only punctuation mark besides the period that they teach in Whackjaw Junction Middle school, Missouri
Karma is real, need we discuss the deflategate karma train?

Every fan base has a contingent of fans who believe:
Our team is more moral/ethical than others
The NFL is out to get their team and they regularly get hosed by the refs
The league is fixed (of course their team has never been the beneficiary of it)
The allegations against the Pats are some of the worst in the history of the league

This is true. What sets the Patriots apart is that there are media members who believe at least the first and last points and help propagate that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back