PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume that AB can now be fined each day/week or suspended. In any case, he would get zero money and the team would retain the right to him.

After this AND his livestream from the Steelers lockerroom after the 2016/2017 playoff game, for the rest of his life THIS is how every human interaction with this guy will begin:

AB is an all-time WR talent. Problem is he is also an all-time self entitled nutcase. He talks a good game in front of the camera and produces on the field but the guy is without a doubt mentally unstable. That said If there were no such thing as social media I’d be all for the Pats signing him when released because we wouldn’t have to see his nutty side so much. Problem is in this day and age we have to hear the voices in his head via Instagram and Twitter and we know he’s crazy.

There’s something wrong with his brain. I’m not joking. That recorded call should set off red flags about mental illness.

Yes. But ALSO - - - that video was professionally done. There are MULTIPLE other people who helped him do this. That's the professional version of driving someone to the center of the bridge.........

Last edited:
So I wake up this morning already thinking AB was insane for secretly recording a call then posting it AFTER apologizing to the team. Then find out he asked to be released. This guy is the craziest player of the last 20 years !!!

It's kind of a bummer nobody close to him (if anyone even remains...) is trying to let him know he's having a full mental breakdown. Dude is legitimately crazy and needs help.

Jesus what a **** show this has become!

There are lots of people doing and saying lots of crazy things in lots of jobs with an eye to primarily having a big hit reality show down the road. This guy is just following a well-read template.

AB is an all-time WR talent. Problem is he is also an all-time self entitled nutcase. He talks a good game in front of the camera and produces on the field but the guy is without a doubt mentally unstable. That said If there were no such thing as social media I’d be all for the Pats signing him when released because we wouldn’t have to see his nutty side so much. Problem is in this day and age we have to hear the voices in his head via Instagram and Twitter and we know he’s crazy.

Right, who knows what the 90s Cowboys would have been tweeting? Probably some heinous ****.

Hard to believe he plays another down in the NFL.

It's kind of a bummer nobody close to him (if anyone even remains...) is trying to let him know he's having a full mental breakdown. Dude is legitimately crazy and needs help.
His agent has the most to lose ($$ wise aside from AB) and Drew Rosenhaus must be regretting ever signing the guy.......

This dude has somehow become a stage 4 cancer for two franchises whilst only ever taking a snap for one.

That's talent.

So I wake up this morning already thinking AB was insane for secretly recording a call then posting it AFTER apologizing to the team. Then find out he asked to be released. This guy is the craziest player of the last 20 years !!!

Some players are secret serial killers.

He should probably invest in a psychiatrist at this point.

Guy is not all there mentally and it’s a bit scary to watch a person break down this much in the public eye.

This dude has somehow become a stage 4 cancer for two franchises whilst only ever taking a snap for one.

That's talent.
T.O. looks like a choirboy compared to Brown. This is next level weird. I had a bad feeling about him the day he was walking around with bleached facial hair.

It’s his fault they voided his guaranteed money.
I also can’t blame him for asking for his release after the void though. But he’s a clown for even getting to this point

DFC90437-850E-4493-BFD2-AE11F90341C2.jpeg

Live look at the current situation in Oakland.

God Bless, Bill Belichick, Bob Kraft, Nick Caserio............

Honestly, I can't fathom how this $hitshow has lasted this long. I now know the reason why Mark Davis has the very same hairstyle as Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber - - someone with computer skills past my 1990's level should definitely create a meme of Mark Davis with the words "....so you're saying there's a chance?"

Tom Pelissero

✔@TomPelissero

David says brother Derek Carr was in the building early today, trying to wrap his brain around what's happening with AB. Says Derek told him: "They have no choice but to move on and get ready to play the Broncos as if he's not on the team." https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1170343162663096320 …

Mike Garafolo

✔@MikeGarafolo

David Carr on the phone with us on @gmfb right now.

Last edited:
He might consider suing the raiders (or pursuing union action) for fining him instead of treating him for his mental illness. Shouldn't he be on IR for mental illness? Since he passed the raiders physical, they could owe him much of the guaranteed money.

:)

pass the popcorn

He should probably invest in a psychiatrist at this point.

Guy is not all there mentally and it’s a bit scary to watch a person break down this much in the public eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3