PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB threatens to retire (Helmet-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this helps his situation. In fact its hard to see how it does anything but hurt it.

It's too bad, because he's a great talent to watch.
Can’t imagine that in NE

Not the first time, won't be the last. Gruden sh|t on everyone there asap when he arrived.

Terrible hire. Terrible decisions & it's getting worse before it gets better imo. That team isn't close.

Gruden is embarrassing himself

Only one I feel bad for in this organization is Mayock. Gets sh*t on by a player and the organization then backs the player.

And the answer's clear: with this coach and this team, as far as he wants. Gruden is just a weak, little sniveling dog. A goddam rich weak, little sniveling dog, but that's what he is.
Almost feel bad for gruden. He knows they fcked up bringing him in that locker room. The ultimate me player

Almost feel bad for gruden. He knows they fcked up bringing him in that locker room. The ultimate me player

Absolutely not. He’s the main reason AB is playing Monday.

This fiasco is the gift that keeps on giving.

There’s something wrong with his brain. I’m not joking. That recorded call should set off red flags about mental illness.
Or the helmet thing, or screaming profanities and threats at the team GM...

Only one I feel bad for in this organization is Mayock. Gets sh*t on by a player and the organization then backs the player.

If I were him, I'd consider resigning. The only upside to staying in a senior management position when he's been undermined to this extent is the money, which he can get elsewhere (albeit likely to a lesser degree).

There’s something wrong with his brain. I’m not joking. That recorded call should set off red flags about mental illness.

I've been beating that drum for a minute. Burfict laid a vicious hit on him that seems to have started this whole thing.

Absolutely not. He’s the main reason AB is playing Monday.
In defense of Gruden, they’ve pretty much built their offense around the idea of having Brown, and that has been about 6 months in the making. I don’t blame him in the least.

In defense of Gruden, they’ve pretty much built their offense around the idea of having Brown, and that has been about 6 months in the making. I don’t blame him in the least.

Problem is, they ain’t gonna win much more with him than without. So what really is the point?

Problem is, they ain’t gonna win much more with him than without. So what really is the point?
You’re probably right, but they’ve put up with his nonsense all spring/summer long, so I think it makes sense to see what kind of numbers he’s going to produce on the field; otherwise, it could be seen as a white flag this early in the season.

He claims that Brown still has the support of his teammates. We’ll have to see if that’s true.

It will sink in a week from now for Gruden and Mayock that this POS recorded a private phone call, then posted it AFTER apologizing to the team.

Antonio Brown is legit crazy.

I kind of want the pats to trade a pick to the raiders for AB and gruden and give both to the jets. The jets really need the two of them. It would be worth a pats pick as a catalyst to yenta that relationship just for entertainment value.

You’re probably right, but they’ve put up with his nonsense all spring/summer long, so I think it makes sense to see what kind of numbers he’s going to produce on the field; otherwise, it could be seen as a white flag this early in the season.

He claims that Brown still has the support of his teammates. We’ll have to see if that’s true.

We now know that mayock doesn’t have the support of the organization and his GM title is just that, a title. We know who’s calling the shots.

100M$ for Gruden...

They would have been better off getting that amount of money in hundred dollar bills and using it as kindling at a campfire. Davis is clearly not a good decision maker. He became obsessed with Gruden and threw money at him despite the fact that the game has passed him.

Whoever Antonio Brown's agent/PR/Social Media person is has done him a tremendous disservice.

Agree but if you totally ignore the timing, the message, and the fact that he secretly taped a conversation with his head coach and tried to make him look bad, the quality and visual effects of the post were outstanding. Really well done.

We now know that mayock doesn’t have the support of the organization and his GM title is just that, a title. We know who’s calling the shots.
Most knew that before this past week.

I really think you are right. The giant mood swings and irrational behavior are all signs of early CTE. They are also signs of just being a jackass.

I think it’s a big stretch to say that based upon one incident. He isnt king, he is gm. No gm has every decisions endorsed by ownership.
We also don’t know what went on behind closed doors and that mayock in fact was against the final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots