PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers GOAT Talk Again

There are at least five all-time top 3 QBs playing right now.
Top 2 is Brady and Montana who playing would you put below them? I don't think neither of them have surpassed Peyton, Favre, Young, Unitas, Starr, Staubauch, and company

There are at least five all-time top 3 QBs playing right now.

Just Brady (the patriots version of Brady)...the other four are Montana, Unitas, Manning, and maybe Elway. I wouldn't put Rodgers, Brees, or Mahomes in the top 5 category. Mahomes will probably get there some day but not right now.

Yeah, but would you have figured out to make gunpowder from the material lying around?

Couldn't be worse than picking up a large rock made out of paper mache and throwing it downward only to have it suddenly vector upwards so high it flew over Captain Kirk's head while he was standing on top of a hill.

Last edited:
Aaron "we beat ourselves" Rodgers already said TB12 is the goat. And we all know that must have really hurt him inside to say that because deep down he thinks he's the best and is better than Brady.

Calling Rodgers "more physically gifted" is the only thing I won't immediately laugh at.

If he was "better" he'd win a lot more games.

If he was "greater" he'd win a lot more championships.

Yeah, Rodgers is really good at extending plays and throwing on the run, but Brady put this argument to bed a loooooong time ago. Now the only reasonable response is to openly mock people.
What are you talking about! Everyone knows Rodgers would never forget it was 4th down....:rolleyes:

Once again the stupid talk is heating up because Aaron Rodgers is off to a 4-0 start and Brady is 43 and well over the hill. Funny, but I didn't hear how great Brady was when, with 3 rings already on his fingers, he started out 2007 at 18-0. He had to take it to the incredible level of 9 AFC titles and 6 SB rings just to pass Joe Montana, the former GOAT.

That brings up my questions.
1 - When did looking good become the standard of greatness over winning?
2 - When did clutch performances at key times take second fiddle to stats?
3 - How can people ignore the amount of comebacks that a QB has?
4 - Will the stupidity ever end?
It might not have begun with Fantasy football but it put it in another gear.

I'll never understand why it bothers people so much that some may think another QB other than brady is the greatest of all time. It's their opinion. Let them have it. Don't let it bother you. Brady's success and resume speaks for itself. I don't feel the need to defend it.
Yes yes and I'll never understand why some people let it bother them when a woman has two eyes of different colors, or a wart on her nose.

BURN HER

Yes yes and I'll never understand why some people let it bother them when a woman has two eyes of different colors, or a wart on her nose.

BURN HER
and I'll never understand why some complete whackjob with a constant political bias has to puke up these completely inappropriate comparisons. What does a woman's looks and referencing the Salem witch trials have to do with LSM's post or ANYTHING on this football thread? Take a flying leap you utter scumbag.

Brady makes all the throws and has been one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. He may not have the arm glam of Mahomes but that is not really necessary to win games either. Nice to have but also unorthodox which never gets talked about enough. One of the reasons Brady's arm is still strong is because he is a technically sound thrower and always sets his feet. I wonder how long Mahomes will last throwing the way he does, side arm with his feet in the air. We have already seen the decline in Rodgers the last few years from being unorthodox.

Both Mahomes and Wilson are better than "The great Aaron Rodgers" imo. They both can create or extend plays but seem to avoid the big hits unlike Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl...whoop dee doo...so did Trent Dilfer. He's s a more successful current version of Jeff George....pffffft.

The gOaT wasn’t named one of the 10 best QBs in NFL history and Brady was unanimous 2010s All-Decade QB. Brady has been named first in the NFL Top 100 three times to Rodgers one time. 3 MVPs versus 2 MVPs. Are these “team accomplishments” too?

I don't know why people still compare Rodgers to Brady.

The more interesting discussion would be Rodgers vs. Manning.

I think Rodgers is the more TALENTED QB than Brady, but Brady is the most accomplished QB in NFL history bar none. It really depends on what you mean by "GOAT" - greatest, as in most talented or most accomplished?

If you call running around and chucking the ball accurately being talent then Rodgers is definitely more talented.

Brady is the GOAT. Reading defenses, making pre and post snap decisions, moving around in the pocket to buy time and making the clutchest ****ing throws year after year after year made him so.

There is no depends in the Goat discussion.

Look...I named him Discount Double Dork ten freaking years ago...he was a little "look at me!!!" glory hog then and he hasn't "matured" all that much since. With his physical talents he should have won ten or more NFC championships and five Super Bowls by now. The year Jeff George made his unceremonious departure he was still throwing frozen ropes 50 yards...it's that flaw upstairs, that bloated self image, that narcissism that relegates the DDD to "also ran".

pfffttt.... there is no comparison... Its all about winning, right? Rodgers has six less losses than Brady... so he must be the boat! Right?

/s

no, really... think about that ... 20 year career, only 6 more losses than the great Aaron "The Ego" Rodgers

end of argument.

Last edited:
I see his style of play changing for the better. The emergence of Aaron Jones has taken a lot of pressure off of him. LaFleur has gotten the offense under control and it's not so much like playground ball. You can see LaFleur trying to emulate Shanahan's offense.

Taking Jordan Love was still a terribly wasted pick which should've gone to a WR like Aiyuk or Jefferson.

And he needs to show up in the playoffs to be considered the GOAT. It's one thing to lose in a shootout due to your defense not stopping a nosebleed, but he's been folding like a lawn chair at the first sign of resistance.

His first test is this Sunday to try to outduel the real GOAT. If he does, I see the Pack on a collision course to meet Seattle again but this time in the NFCCG.

Yeah, but would you have figured out to make gunpowder from the material lying around?
With Spock up on the enterprise going "good gooooood" every time I found some saltpeter, oh hell to the yes. He Obiwan Kenobi'd into Kirk's mind from high orbit.

This is such a contrived "debate" (not that there is one). Brady's greatness and consensus view that he's the GOAT is the lone reason Rodgers gets the honor of being elevated to this discussion and magically gets to jump ahead of guys like Montana or Manning. You never seen Montana vs Rodgers or Manning vs Rodgers. It's always Brady vs one of the aforementioned, which speaks volumes. Rodgers is arguably not even the GOAT QB within his own organization.

Also, I'd take 2020's record-setting offensive output with a grain of salt, which is where all this renewed fawning over Rodgers has come from. Dak Prescott was throwing for 500+ yards (averaging above 400 yards when factoring in a half game against NY) while Fitzpatrick, Minshew and Bridgewater are putting up big yards and making big plays every week.

When it comes to Rodgers... If you can't do it when it matters, then it doesn't matter a whole lot. Rodgers is also a relatable 'bro' to the average plebbit user on r/NFL or Twitter fanatic, so they ('they' as in thousands of users who force this debate) tend to like him more than Brady who's a very different personality.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back