PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Frustrating Observation On N'Keal Harry

Good for him. Took 4 years to become a hard nosed RB, probably learned it from watching Damien Harris. Good for him for having some self reflection. I don't wish him to fail, if he turned it around good for him! Still wasn't worth a 1st round pick. All those multiple years of bad Pats drafts created a dearth of talent that had to be filled recently by overspending/ overpaying in FA. Not great in a game with a hard resource cap.

Damien Harris would thank you but he just got another injury

Yeah I would just politely push back here, again if you basically force a guy with snaps (see: NKeal Harry, Wynn) then they're going to produce something. And that year they had Gronk, Develin, a great OLine, did you see the massive running holes being created in the playoffs. So before we credit Sony for doing something special, the value over replacement player, I think Blount or really any downhill RB would have been fine in the exact same situation without burning a 1st round pick for it.

Part of his 1st round value to the team was that he was ready as a plug n play RB, including pass protection which was one of the most important skillsets they needed

I had a feeling the Patriots were going to lose this week when I saw Harry was a go. I get last week was the Jags... but such good vibes with Wilkerson and without Harry. Having him on the field... it just leaves everyone feeling anxious, like something will go wrong... just... because... he's Harry.
What a sad and horrible take... And yet I agree.

Un-****ing-believable.

And lets not forget that we FORCE FEED HIM the ball. Most of those targets were designed to get this abortion a chance.

Im just glad everyone came around. When we were in the Winning Streak, every single "Harry is not that bad", "He can block well" made me cringe phisically

CUT.
THIS.
BUM.

Harry is officially my most hated Pats ever.

I've never been more sour about a draft pick in my entire life as I am with Harry. Every time I see a highlight or pro-bowl ballot with countless receivers taken after him having stellar careers, it just hurts that much more

Its the equivalent of having Goodell take another 1st rounder from us, completely wasted. If they had picked ANY other wide receiver that year lol.. just stings so bad, they literally picked the WORST receiver when there was a plethora of talent available

Snap Count from yesterday
WR N’Keal Harry (12; 19%)

I've never been more sour about a draft pick in my entire life as I am with Harry. Every time I see a highlight or pro-bowl ballot with countless receivers taken after him having stellar careers, it just hurts that much more

Its the equivalent of having Goodell take another 1st rounder from us, completely wasted. If they had picked ANY other wide receiver that year lol.. just stings so bad, they literally picked the WORST receiver when there was a plethora of talent available

Parris Campbell, JJAW, and Andy Isabella are arguably worse than Harry (or at least in the conversation). So the Pats still could have found a way to screw up the pick even if they had picked a WR other than Harry.

@captain stone do you wanna say something to this?

i see you GIF by Face The Truth

Not me! No joke…

People keep saying that we play harry because he is a good blocker.

but how about we use Wilkerson, Henry and agular to stretch the field and open up running lanes?

People keep saying that we play harry because he is a good blocker.

but how about we use Wilkerson, Henry and agular to stretch the field and open up running lanes?

Have you watched any of the Patriots games this season?

What’s frustrating is when he is not only active but getting significant snaps.

Curious what they do on Saturday. Would rather they go jumbo package with Onwenu than any snaps with Harry

Yep, especially after Kneal's last game in Barfalo went...

But we all know that Bill's gonna activate him, and have him line-up next to Herron for his run-blocking "skills."

Yeah the LB group is big we have plenty players but could use a re think of the strategy there. We have many big ILB who are slow and not really coverage suited and on the edge we have speed rushers who don’t play ILB but don’t really often get used as pass rushers as well at least right now. I hope we can land some coverage LB , that is high on my list . HT could retire imo, KVN will be back hopefully , Collins is a FA I believe as Bentley as well, Oerkins Jennings McGrone are like rookies more or less to be honest bc I don’t really judge the covid season from jennings. Wino I can see get traded because he can play it’s just not here , we should part ways here maybe for a late round pick or trade up a current pick , there are plenty of ways to regroup the LB next year , along with a fattie and we are good
Yeah we need to retool the LB corps next year…get some speed. Let’s see what Ulche and Mcgrone can do next year.

And what about those Georgia LBs??? Man they were flying around that game on Monday night like they were Olympic sprinters! Can we draft a couple of them lol!

Yeah we need to retool the LB corps next year…get some speed. Let’s see what Ulche and Mcgrone can do next year.

And what about those Georgia LBs??? Man they were flying around that game on Monday night like they were Olympic sprinters! Can we draft a couple of them lol!

nobody knows what we have in mcglone, but uche is another wasted pick with no natural position. He is supposed to be a pass rusher, but I doubt he can even do that well!

it is easy for the Georgia linebackers to fly around the field when the Georgia defensive line keeps any and all blockers from getting to them.

nobody knows what we have in mcglone, but uche is another wasted pick with no natural position. He is supposed to be a pass rusher, but I doubt he can even do that well!

it is easy for the Georgia linebackers to fly around the field when the Georgia defensive line keeps any and all blockers from getting to them.
Yeah Mcgrone is a total unknown as a pro player but he was known as a sideline to sideline LB at Michigan…let’s see how that translates to the NFL next year.

It sucks that Ulche got hurt right away. He seemed to be playing well early on, got hurt and then was never able to get any consistency when he returned. I’m not ready to give up on him yet, but next year is a big “prove it” season for him.

Georgia definitely has some athletic space eaters on that DLine! I’d take them too! Maybe we can draft the next Richard Seymour!

Agree. I don't think he'll be there at #22 but the NT Davis is good. Controlled that line of scrimmage all game. He'll be gone before the Pats pick.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back