PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/15 - Thursday Pats/Titans Joint Session Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting an Inman gang . Meet up in this chat. passphrase is "Inman over Thomas".

I haven't seen or heard Steven Anderson's name all summer. Given his pedigree, I was interested in him as a move TE. This guy has been so under the radar, I'm not sure he's alive.......of course, it would be a classic BB move that he would make the team while being so hidden.

Last edited:
If Harris is as good as they say, he needs to start showing it Saturday.

Duke Dawson is having perhaps his best practice as a Patriot. He's had pass breakups in 1-on-1s and 11-on-11s. He went undefeated in 1-on-1s.

The Duke have arrived.:cool:

I would hope not in reference to Thomas's case. IF he's activated someone or two or maybe he himself will have to be cut or released.
I disagree there are benefits to having a player on the pup but, assuming he's not rushing back, for the individual it's better to get in here and start getting work with TB and the system. Not to mention we might need Thomas in the first half of the year it's not like we are stacked at WR and TE.
Thomas is an A type player if he gets back to form I'm not stashing him on the pup in hopes of holding one extra B, C level player. I want him back asap to find out if he can still be an A.

I disagree there are benefits to having a player on the pup but, assuming he's not rushing back, for the individual it's better to get in here and start getting work with TB and the system. Not to mention we might need Thomas in the first half of the year it's not like we are stacked at WR and TE.
Thomas is an A type player if he gets back to form I'm not stashing him on the pup in hopes of holding one extra B, C level player. I want him back asap to find out if he can still be an A.

Alright so we can agree that if Thomas ain't off next week it's either Regular SeasonPUP or bye bye.

Still, a good signing whether he makes the team or not.
How is it a good signing if he never plays a game? That is getting zero out of the signing. That’s not good.

I would hope not in reference to Thomas's case. IF he's activated someone or two or maybe he himself will have to be cut or released.
I think we can sacrifice the 53rd pkayer in the roster for our WR2

Hopefully their some NFL scouts watching today's practice so we can get a draft choice for Deke instead of just waiving him.

IF he plays well in the next two we might get a 5th.:D

This D is going to be GOOD. Will be nice (If everyone healthy) to not have TB have to score 30 a game because the WR and TE issues are creeping up with injuries.

so let's try this again Edelman Myers Gordon Harry Berrios
Thomas PUP
Meredith PUP

I don't get how Gordon will be one of the 5 WRs active starting the season with DThomas and Cam Meredith on PUP.

Goodell likely won't let him back in until October/November - - which is ironically fine with Pats as they succeeded in getting a roster exemption for him. That's a nice stash.

I can more easily see Edelman, Harry, Harris/Inman, Myers, Dorsett
with DThomas and another position player on PUP (can only have 2). It looks now that the real competition would be Harris vs. Inman.
Gordon in Stash City (probably not a good use of words in this case......)

Dorsett was money in the bank for Brady the last two months of the season and playoffs. Other than Edelman, he is the only other active WR with whom Brady has big game experience. I can't see the Pats throwing Brady out there with Edelman and 4 newbies. He's going to need one more experienced partner. Dorsett bringsd burner speed and deep separation that the other 4 don't posses. Good diversification.

Last edited:
I don't get how Gordon will be one of the 5 WRs active starting the season with DThomas and Cam Meredith on PUP.

Goodell likely won't let him back in until October/November - - which is ironically fine with Pats as they succeeded in getting a roster exemption for him. That's a nice stash.

I can more easily see Edelman, Harry, Harris, Myers, Dorsett
with DThomas and another position player on PUP (can only have 2).

Dorsett was money in the bank for Brady the last two months of the season and playoffs. Other than Edelman, he is the only other active WR with whom Brady has big game experience. I can't see the Pats throwing Brady out there with Edelman and 4 newbies. He's going to need one more experienced partner. Dorsett brings burner speed and deep separation that the other 4 don't posses. Good diversification.

:confused:
Lets not get too carried with the Dorsett deep separation stuff we ain't talking about Brandin Cooks here.

I don't know when Thomas will be ready. However, I see now reason to keep him out for 8 weeks. We need him to be in such with Brady. That takes time, and that should begin as soon as he is healthy, not after 8 weeks.
======
The reality is that we only need to have 4 active WR's. We should have 4 on the 53 plus Thomas and Slater. Thomas would be inactive while he recovers.

Another way to look at it is that with Thomas coming back, we will not need 5 additional WR's on the roster.

ONE MAN IS OUT (we all have our choices; some would even give Berrios one of the spots)
Harris, Dorsett, Myers
====
As an aside the #4 WR (#5 when Thomas is ready) will get little playing time unless there is an injury, or two.

I can more easily see Edelman, Harry, Harris, Myers, Dorsett
with DThomas and another position player on PUP (can only have 2).

Dorsett was money in the bank for Brady the last two months of the season and playoffs. Other than Edelman, he is the only other active WR with whom Brady has big game experience. I can't see the Pats throwing Brady out there with Edelman and 4 newbies. He's going to need one more experienced partner. Dorsett bringsd burner speed and deep separation that the other 4 don't posses. Good diversification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots