PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 teams in 2009 on the rise & 5 teams in decline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither does your defense allowing an average of over 30 points in your 11 playoff losses.

Marino threw at least one interception in 13 of his 18 career playoff games. He threw two or more interceptions 10 times. The Dolphins went just 1-9 in those 10 Marino multi-interception playoff games.

So it's not just the defense.

Marino threw at least one interception in 13 of his 18 career playoff games. He threw two or more interceptions 10 times. The Dolphins went just 1-9 in those 10 Marino multi-interception playoff games.

So it's not just the defense.

I know it wasn't. Dan would've had to been perfect for three consecutive games against the league's top defenses to get a ring by putting up 30+. How many times has Brady lead his offense to 30 points in a playoff game?

The inactive list should take care of him. If not, Eric Green? Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Let's put the Pats secondary and defense on trial for a bit. We did roll up 66 points on you guys in two games last year. Can you keep Ronnie out of the end zone?
Eric Green? Seriously? The Dolphins better hope Galloway is injured because just two seasons ago he had over 1,000 yards receiving. Also, he was catching passes from average QB's. Sure he's old, but he's still faster than a lot of corners in this league.

I'll admit the Pats secondary sucked balls last season and at times made chumps like Chad Pennington look like a pro bowler. I've been very critical about the Pats defense for a long time and by no means think their perfect. However, I can't find a team in the NFL that is better than them overall.
Is it really blind when you're defending division champs?
As a fan, are you really satisfied that the Dolphins were barely able to win the division out of a tie breaking scenario over the Pats without Brady all season? If anything, I'd be worried about my team. Brady is coming back and the Dolphins will once again take a back seat to the Pats.
Well we took two guys. We can put our best cover corner in Will Allen on Welker and that should work; Welker can't beat premiere corners, we all know that. Put the big rookies on Moss, we'll find out who it is by September, Sean Smith or Vontae Davis.

I didn't know Allen was a premier corner. :rolleyes: He's a good corner, but I wouldn't call him a premier corner. Also, putting any rookie on Moss and your asking to lose.

Last edited:
I know it wasn't. Dan would've had to been perfect for three consecutive games against the league's top defenses to get a ring by putting up 30+. How many times has Brady lead his offense to 30 points in a playoff game?

Styles make fights, so this doesn't matter. Complaining that the 49ers lit up the Dolphins, for example, might carry more weight if Marino had managed to put up more than 16 points (3 after a huge mental error by the 49ers). The 49ers stopped Marino quite effectively when it came to the scoreboard. Manning fans like to pull out this same sort of nonsense, if it makes you feel any better.

Eric Green? Seriously? The Dolphins better hope Galloway is injured because just two seasons ago he had over 1,000 yards receiving. Also, he was catching passes from average QB's. Sure he's old, but he's still faster than a lot of corners in this league.

I'll admit the Pats secondary sucked balls last season and at times made chumps like Chad Pennington look like a pro bowler. I've been very critical about the Pats defense for a long time and by no means think their perfect. However, I can't find a team in the NFL that is better than them overall.

As a fan, are you really satisfied that the Dolphins were barely able to win the division out of a tie breaking scenario over the Pats without Brady all season? If anything, I'd be worried about my team. Brady is coming back and the Dolphins will once again take a back seat to the Pats.

I didn't know Allen was a premier corner. :rolleyes: He's a good corner, but I wouldn't call him a premier corner. Also, putting any rookie on Moss and your asking to lose.

Two years ago, Michael Vick was set to be the Falcons starting quarterback.

You really think the Pats have the best defense in the NFL? Haha!

Yep. We won and it made me happy.

He may not be premiere, but I know he can handle Welker.

Last time I checked, putting your defense in bad positions and keeping them on the field is a good way for the other team to score a lot.

But then again, Galloway is healthy now.

Of course a Dolphin fan would misunderstand what he said.

It's obvious that doesn't happen to you much.

Oh really? So how is he going to stop the best slot receiver in the league?

Read my post again. I never said the Pats had the best defense. Welker has had over 100 receptions and 1,000 yards in each of the past two seasons. Sounds like not too many DB's have been able to guard Welker. Anyways, Allen will be on Moss and whoever else the Dolphins have will be on Welker. Good luck.

But then again, Galloway is healthy now.

Of course a Dolphin fan would misunderstand what he said.

It's obvious that doesn't happen to you much.

Oh really? So how is he going to stop the best slot receiver in the league?

You answered your own question. He's a slot receiver, nothing more. It's just the same as Davone Bess putting up ridiculous numbers at Hawaii. If you traded Welker and Bess, the numbers would stay with the teams, not the individuals.

Read my post again. I never said the Pats had the best defense. Welker has had over 100 receptions and 1,000 yards in each of the past two seasons. Sounds like not too many DB's have been able to guard Welker. Anyways, Allen will be on Moss and whoever else the Dolphins have will be on Welker. Good luck.

Did you even watch the Dolphins and Pats games last year? We do not put Will Allen on Moss. He's giving up 6'' to Moss. This is why we drafted a 6'3'' and 6'0'' corner.

Did you even watch the Dolphins and Pats games last year? We do not put Will Allen on Moss. He's giving up 6'' to Moss. This is why we drafted a 6'3'' and 6'0'' corner.

Yes I did. The Dolphins don't have a choice because Will Allen is their best corner. In fact, why the hell would any team consider putting a rookie corner on Moss? I don't care if Davis or Smith are on him, they are going to get schooled.

You answered your own question. He's a slot receiver, nothing more. It's just the same as Davone Bess putting up ridiculous numbers at Hawaii. If you traded Welker and Bess, the numbers would stay with the teams, not the individuals.

By your logic if we traded Moss for Bernard Berrian then there numbers would be the same.

They're both deep threats. The numbers would stay with the teams, not the indivisual.

Still a little bitter about "robbing" us out of that second/seventh round pick, are you?

Give Dan Marino the Patriots of the 2000's in his prime and he has AT LEAST 5 rings by now. At least.

Considering Marino was the reason the Dolphins never won, I'd say that # would be ZERO.
Go look at Marinos #s in the last game of the season. Kordell Stewarts may be better.
See, you cant have it both ways. Marino can't be the best because Shula handed the team over to his accumulation of stats, then take away the accountability of winning.

By your logic if we traded Moss for Bernard Berrian then there numbers would be the same.

They're both deep threats. The numbers would stay with the teams, not the indivisual.

No. Randy Moss is a HUGE part of the reason Welker is so successful.

and vice-versa

Negative. Who was the Wes Welker in Minnesota? Moss is one of the all-time greats. Put Welker on ANY other offense and he catches 70 passes, tops. Maybe he would have more with the Colts, maybe Saints. That's it.

No. Randy Moss is a HUGE part of the reason Welker is so successful.

But by your logic Chris Chambers would be a huge part of why Welker would be succesful because Chambers is also a deep threat.

As you say, the numbers stay with the team, not the indivisual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST