PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers Shopping NaVorro Bowman [UPDATE: Bowman released; now signed by Raiders]

Thread title could use an update

We did????

3 Ideal Destinations For NaVorro Bowman

“More importantly, the interest is there. The Patriots inquired about Bowman over the summer and were mentioned as being interested Friday afternoon when Adam Schefter reported the 49ers were shopping Bowman.”

We did????

3 Ideal Destinations For NaVorro Bowman

“More importantly, the interest is there. The Patriots inquired about Bowman over the summer and were mentioned as being interested Friday afternoon when Adam Schefter reported the 49ers were shopping Bowman.”
What's going on with the most random, obscure, irrelevant websites being cited on here? Just like the thread about Fitzgerald, that website + the article writer 'Kyle Crabbs' have zero credibility.

Bowman has to be looking for a Superbowl right?
It has to be us or Pitt or Houston in the AFC maybe Denver.
Dallas,Seattle,Atlanta in the NFC right?

I really think it could be us

Bowman has to be looking for a Superbowl right?
It has to be us or Pitt or Houston in the AFC maybe Denver.
Dallas,Seattle,Atlanta in the NFC right?

I really think it could be us

AFC: KC, NE, Pitt, Houston, Denver

NFC: GB, philly, atlanta and seattle

There's gotta be some other LB out there with a better salary that we can sign instead. Right?

Bowman might be washed up but he'd radically improve the pats.

There's gotta be some other LB out there with a better salary that we can sign instead. Right?
Bowman was released, not traded. His previously scheduled salary with SF is now irrelevant. He's a free agent and will be signing a new deal for less money.

Bowman might be washed up but he'd radically improve the pats.
I don't know what specific role he'd be playing, but it seems as though we're in need of athletic LBs who can cover and not 1st/2nd down run stuffers. Otherwise, David Harris might be getting more looks.

Obviously, just my own personal take on it, and it's surely possible that Belichick may disagree. The reports from SF have stated that he was playing a bit of a different role and that he had lost some of the athleticism that made him so special.

I don't know what specific role he'd be playing, but it seems as though we're in need of athletic LBs who can cover and not 1st/2nd down run stuffers. Otherwise, David Harris might be getting more looks.

Obviously, just my own personal take on it, and it's surely possible that Belichick may disagree. The reports from SF have stated that he was playing a bit of a different role and that he had lost some of the athleticism that made him so special.
We'll find out soon enough. I suspect you are right though, and while we need another LB, I think it will be Shea McClellin (although it won't be popular here).

I rather trade for Aaron Lynch. Last year of his contract this season. He has done ok with limited play. They could use another pass rusher.

As far as the cap goes, Bowman would only need to pay the Vet minimum (around $1MM minus the 5 games he already played in), since his 2017 money is being paid for by SF. So the cap should NOT be an impediment to signing him. However what this defense needs is a "speed LB" and I'm not sure Bowman fits that bill.

Check the tires for sure, but somehow I feel he's bound for the Raiders. He can play for a contending team and not have to move his family across the country or leave them behind if he didn't want to uproot them.

I miss Miguel. He'd have already given us the cap implications of a possible signing of Bowman. The rest of us are guessing.

As far as the cap goes, Bowman would only need to pay the Vet minimum (around $1MM minus the 5 games he already played in), since his 2017 money is being paid for by SF. So the cap should NOT be an impediment to signing him. However what this defense needs is a "speed LB" and I'm not sure Bowman fits that bill.

Check the tires for sure, but somehow I feel he's bound for the Raiders. He can play for a contending team and not have to move his family across the country or leave them behind if he didn't want to uproot them.

I miss Miguel. He'd have already given us the cap implications of a possible signing of Bowman. The rest of us are guessing.

What do you think of Aaron Lynch? He has done well with limited play because the 49ers have depth on that DL. We could get him on the cheap.

I miss him too, but I think Miguel is still here every now and then, just not as often due to his other responsibilities, which obviously now include a new gig over at BSJ. If anyone subscribes, they should send an email to BSJ reminding them that following Miguel is a big reason for the new subscription.

I'm just guessing along with you of course, but I couldn't see any reason why we couldn't sign Navarro Bowman if the team really wanted to. He's certainly not going to command anything close to his last pact. Of course, I'd probably prefer that we continue to carry as much available cap space over into the next season.

Yeah there's probably another Kyle Van Noy out there that we can trade for...

Speaking of Belichick must really like him because just eye balling it and listening to what film guys have said he is pretty mediocre out there on the field.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back