PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers Shopping NaVorro Bowman [UPDATE: Bowman released; now signed by Raiders]

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers are looking to trade NaVorro Bowman, and multiple teams are interested in acquiring the four-time All-Pro linebacker, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

More to come.

Bill, please make the call...

I’m not on PatsFans as much as I used to be but the amount of research people do before asking us to trade for a player is at an all time low.

$6.75M base salary per overthecap.com. Prorated for 12 out of 17 weeks, and based on Miguel's latest figures it would be a *really* tight fit. There would need to be a restructuring on someone's part, or possibly a player going back (making sure no bonuses are accelerated).

Now whether or not he can actually handle MLB for the Pats and learn the defense at this late stage of the season, for that much money, and with all those past injuries he's had? Question is how much does he offer compared to David Harris at this point, who isn't really offering much himself?

Love what he's done over his career but this team doesn't need more oft-injured players.

No thanks

He'd be a definite improvement on what Harris has given us (but that's not saying much), but not at the amount of money he's owed. I would pass.

He'd be a definite improvement on what Harris has given us (but that's not saying much), but not at the amount of money he's owed. I would pass.

Yep. I'd kick the tires if the money was far less, but for what it is...nope.

If he gets cut we should definitely make an effort to sign him, but his contract is not a good one.

If he gets cut we should definitely make an effort to sign him, but his contract is not a good one.
Agree if he gets cut. The LB position could use another body. But this isn't 2011-2013 Navorro Bowman. He's getting paid as such, but he's no longer that guy. Hard pass on a trade.

Agree if he gets cut. The LB position could use another body. But this isn't 2011-2013 Navorro Bowman. He's getting paid as such, but he's no longer that guy. Hard pass on a trade.

How many declining, whining, agitating players do you think the team needs this year? Let's just agree on a number. I'm going to start with zero.

This is strange. You sign Bowman to an extension, then trade him? Usually these things work in the opposite order, no?

My heart makes me want to scream SIGN THE BEAST! I would be confident that Bowman's presence in the middle (if healthy) would domino effect the entire defense.

My mind is more tempered. Those cap hits are big, especially considering that the team:
1) Got burned pretty big on the Jerrod Mayo extension
2) Traded Jamie Collins to avoid paying him Bowman money
3) Nearly let Hightower walk over a significantly lower cap number.

Given that we have tough decisions to make regarding Jimmy G, Solder and Butler, I don't see that this would be possible.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back