PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers Shopping NaVorro Bowman [UPDATE: Bowman released; now signed by Raiders]

Well 10% is subjective, could be as little as 5%. Here's the history --

Pats had two 1st round picks in the 2007 draft. #24 came from Seattle for Deion Branch and was used on Brandon Meriweather. The second was their own, #28, and was traded to the 49ers, which they used to select Staley.

Pats got two picks in return. The easy part - they got the 49ers first round pick in 2008, which after another trade down was used on Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable.

They also got the 49ers 4th round pick in 2007, which they flipped the next day to Oakland for Randy Moss. Later Moss was traded for a 3rd round pick in 2011 which was used on Ryan Mallet. He was traded after 2014 camp for what turned out to be a 7th round pick in 2016. The Pats then packaged that pick and a 5th rounder to Seattle for a 6th rounder in 2016 and a 4th rounder in 2017. The 2016 pick was used on Devin Lucien, while the 2017 pick was used on Wise. Most of the value of the Wise pick came from the 5th rounder rather than the 7th rounder, which is why I estimated only about 10% of Wise.

He probably goes to Oakland due to the proximity & decent playoff chances. I'm hoping he somehow lands in New England though. Instead of Richards and Roberts getting snaps at LB, Bowman would be a massive upgrade. He doesn't even have to be his All-Pro/Pro Bowl self.

He probably goes to Oakland. I'm hoping he somehow lands in New England though. Instead of Richards and Roberts getting snaps at LB, Bowman would be a massive upgrade. He doesn't even have to be his All-Pro/Pro Bowl self.

I heard he's looking at the cowboys. That tells me the guy doesn't care about winning a ring. Lol

He probably goes to Oakland due to the proximity & decent playoff chances. I'm hoping he somehow lands in New England though. Instead of Richards and Roberts getting snaps at LB, Bowman would be a massive upgrade. He doesn't even have to be his All-Pro/Pro Bowl self.

hmmm.

I think that we said this about Harris.

Bowman just signed with Oakland. Honestly made too much sense for him.
Doesn't even have to move likely, just a little longer drive........
They said he would decide by end of business Monday.. and he did...

My guess is he likes the area and wanted to stay, because the going to a "contender" that has lost 4 in a row doesn't really seem logical.

Meh...Good luck to you Navarro. We hardly knew ye'

Raiders got him... looks like the Pats are going 0-16 now

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back