PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Wide Receivers

So your position is Bill didn't overpay a bad player, he surrounded a good player with bad players and that's why he failed here?

It’s like the doublespeak of Soviet Russia. All these same guys said Henry and Jonnu were good signings because they were being held back with the Chargers and Titans.

When they sign them (and overpay making them 2 highest paid TEs in league): Billz smart becuz their stats are misleading. They’ll be better with Jawsh and the system.

Two years later: Bill wuz right they but the problum is Patriotz kaurterback and blokking.

Can’t make this **** up. It really is a cult.

It’s like the doublespeak of Soviet Russia. All these same guys said Henry and Jonnu were good signings because they were being held back with the Chargers and Titans.

When they sign them (and overpay making them 2 highest paid TEs in league): Billz smart becuz their stats are misleading. They’ll be better with Jawsh and the system.

Two years later: Bill wuz right they but the problum is Patriotz kaurterback and blokking.

Can’t make this **** up. It really is a cult.
The pretzel twisting has been going on for a while now. Bill had a good run. Better than anyone but it became clear the game was starting to pass him by with his drafting/trades and free agency moves toward the end of the Brady era and now he's bottomed out. No one talks about how Chuck Knoll and Tom Landry crapped out at the end and I am sure not many people will talk about how Bill did either 20 years from now. I don't know why people keep defending what he's been doing when it clearly isn't working.

I don’t think Henry is a bad player. I think he's a solid tight end. I don’t think Jonnu is "bad" per se, but I think he was overpaid for what he is as well as misused here.
fair enough

People now realize how stupid Bourne being underutilized last year was. He’s a player. But it shows Belichick making questionable personnel decisions. Patricia is typically blamed for keeping Bourne under wraps. But the buck stops with Belichick.

People now realize how stupid Bourne being underutilized last year was. He’s a player. But it shows Belichick making questionable personnel decisions. Patricia is typically blamed for keeping Bourne under wraps. But the buck stops with Belichick.
I am kind of wondering if they are going to try and feed him the ball again this week to showcase him a bit for a trade.

We will have Thornton, Parker, and Douglas.
We also have prospects Boutte and Reagor.
Unless there is a huge change, Shuster is gone, leaving us with a large dead cap hit.

Given that Parker's 2024 salary is guaranteed, I think that he will be kept as a #3 or #4.
=====================
We will go into 2024 pretty much the same as in 2023. We could re-sign Bourne or a replacement, and still need a top 10 receiver.
===========
Then, as now, the major issue with passing game is likely to be the play of the OL and the QB.
Why would you sign a guy who has been a very good player for years, is 26 years old, coming off knee surgery, have him play 5 games clearly not fully recovered and cut him and eat a guaranteed salary.

I swear the anger people gave around here and their willingness to show they are a real fan by blaming someone and being really mad at them is 3rd grade level.

Bourne played 52% of the snaps in 2021 and 42% of the snaps in 2022.
A difference of about 100 snaps over the course of a season is hardly “keeping under wraps”.

Why would you sign a guy who has been a very good player for years, is 26 years old, coming off knee surgery, have him play 5 games clearly not fully recovered and cut him and eat a guaranteed salary.

I swear the anger people gave around here and their willingness to show they are a real fan by blaming someone and being really mad at them is 3rd grade level.
"Has been" should clue you in.

He’s 26 years old and was the #1 wr on the SB champs 8 months ago
I think it is a question of will he ever be healthy again?
by all means sit him the rest of the season and see if he gets back to 100%. have him in camp in 2024 and best players make the team. if JuJu is, great, if not, move on

I think it is a question of will he ever be healthy again?
by all means sit him the rest of the season and see if he gets back to 100%. have him in camp in 2024 and best players make the team. if JuJu is, great, if not, move on
Why would it be a question of if he is ever healthy again? The majority of NFL players are recovered from knee injuries. His surgery was only months ago.
Did when question whether Brady would ever be the same when he wasn’t himself in 2009?

Dude how’s the kool aid? The Patriots are paying almost $30M for JJSS, Parker, and Henry. They were paying around $40M for Agholor, Henry, and Jonnu. They’ve been among the league’s top spenders at skill positions for a few years but have one of the worst groups in the NFL.
Thanks Bill!:rofl:

We will have Thornton, Parker, and Douglas.
We also have prospects Boutte and Reagor.
Unless there is a huge change, Shuster is gone, leaving us with a large dead cap hit.

Given that Parker's 2024 salary is guaranteed, I think that he will be kept as a #3 or #4.
=====================
We will go into 2024 pretty much the same as in 2023. We could re-sign Bourne or a replacement, and still need a top 10 receiver.
===========
Then, as now, the major issue with passing game is likely to be the play of the OL and the QB.
Agreed. I believe we should resign KB going forward his skill set is great for this offense. However your right, boy would I love to have a guy like Tee Higgins.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back