PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Wide Receivers

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We will have Thornton, Parker, and Douglas.
We also have prospects Boutte and Reagor.
Unless there is a huge change, Shuster is gone, leaving us with a large dead cap hit.

Given that Parker's 2024 salary is guaranteed, I think that he will be kept as a #3 or #4.
=====================
We will go into 2024 pretty much the same as in 2023. We could re-sign Bourne or a replacement, and still need a top 10 receiver.
===========
Then, as now, the major issue with passing game is likely to be the play of the OL and the QB.

Don’t be so sure that Parker will be here next year. They actually save $240k if they cut him and $3.4 million if they trade him. He is no lock for 2024 especially if there is a new GM and head coach.

Don’t be so sure that Parker will be here next year. They actually save $240k if they cut him and $3.4 million if they trade him. He is no lock for 2024 especially if there is a new GM and head coach.
Sure, a new coach could do anything. Parker is an OK #3 or #4 WR. If we find 2-3 upgrades, then we can trade Parker. There is no rush.

Sure, a new coach could do anything. Parker is an OK #3 or #4 WR. If we find 2-3 upgrades, then we can trade Parker. There is no rush.

If there is a new regime and they want to build the roster like say Miami with a lot of speed at the skill positions, Parker will likely be gone. But who knows?

go after decent free agents, even if it means repeating the spending splurge of a few years ago... I'd be in direct contact with the agent of calvin ridley now, letting him know theres interest in his future services...

Gotta go hard after aiyuk, it seems like he just keeps improving

not so sure.

Gotta go hard after aiyuk, it seems like he just keeps improving
Whether it's scheme or him, but that guy gets WIDE OPEN!

He's not a FA until 2025 though.

The 3 young WR's are injured. Thornton should be on thin ice if he doesn't play much this season.

Bourne, Parker and Schuster need to go after this season.

This position needs a hard reset.

The 3 young WR's are injured. Thornton should be on thin ice if he doesn't play much this season.

Bourne, Parker and Schuster need to go after this season.

This position needs a hard reset.
The complete offense needs a hard reset, but I woukd first start with the oline

The complete offense needs a hard reset, but I woukd first start with the oline
I am going to keep saying it. Play Calvin Anderson but at his natural LT.

With Onwenu, Reiff, and Strange still out, here’s the lineup the way it should be:

Anderson-Sow-Andrews-Mafi-Brown.

Not continuing Sow in training camp at the position he played the last three years—LG—especially when Strange went down almost immediately was a Dang Coaching Mistake.

Then having RG Chasen Hines try it out at LG was another DCM. Dude was finally healthy but was put out of position.

These young OL coaches suck.

there are not a lot of FA's available on the OL in 2024, so I would agree draft at OL and QB and free agency at WR
eat some money with Parker and JuJu. Bourne is a free agent and will bolt. DD. Boutte. Thornton. Reagor. looks like a weak group.

As of right now the two WRs that are possible free agents in 2024 that seem like the best are Mike Evans and Tee Higgins. I like both but can’t see Tampa letting Evans walk and so you have to guess that if Higgins is free there will be huge amount of money coming to him.

There isn’t anyone I can see that may be available as a LT that I think is worth splurging on but the bar is obviously quite low for improvement at that position.

And of course with the BB situation so uncertain who can even guess what about what they will be thinking about specific positions.

:maybenot:

I think we need to be looking at what does 2026-27 look like.

But, but Parker is on a very cheap deal for someone who plays primarily WR1. SMH.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back