PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Wide Receivers

General comment here from me (apologies mods, Ian).

As someone who doesn't have much time to visit this place these days, I try to pick out the threads that I think are most interesting, rather than just blanket reading everything. Usually that means film and game breakdowns, the Draft, general player analysis etc, as they're what I enjoy reading and talking about most.

I'm tired lately though, of every single thread devolving into an absolute warzone because people simply don't know how to interact with others.

It's okay to have a different opinion on Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe, it's okay to think that PFF sucks, it's okay to think Bill Belichick is the architect of both the rise of the Patriots dynasty and the fall of the Patriots dynasty.

But it's not okay to react to every single post or reply to the contrary of what you believe, as if you've been physically threatened, or that your life depends on you replying to another guy in the most antagonistic way possible.

It's been hard to love the Patriots this year, that much is certainly true. And I understand there's a lot of time and emotion invested in the team by many of you (especially those that attend games), meaning things seem that bit more personal.

We're here to talk, to discuss, to disagree even, but not hurl insults. And it's tiring entering virtually every thread and seeing what could have been a fun or worthwhile discussion, descend into farce.

As a fictional countryman of yours once said, be curious, not judgemental. Try to see things from the other side.

Peace out.

General comment here from me (apologies mods, Ian).

As someone who doesn't have much time to visit this place these days, I try to pick out the threads that I think are most interesting, rather than just blanket reading everything. Usually that means film and game breakdowns, the Draft, general player analysis etc, as they're what I enjoy reading and talking about most.

I'm tired lately though, of every single thread devolving into an absolute warzone because people simply don't know how to interact with others.

It's okay to have a different opinion on Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe, it's okay to think that PFF sucks, it's okay to think Bill Belichick is the architect of both the rise of the Patriots dynasty and the fall of the Patriots dynasty.

But it's not okay to react to every single post or reply to the contrary of what you believe, as if you've been physically threatened, or that your life depends on you replying to another guy in the most antagonistic way possible.

It's been hard to love the Patriots this year, that much is certainly true. And I understand there's a lot of time and emotion invested in the team by many of you (especially those that attend games), meaning things seem that bit more personal.

We're here to talk, to discuss, to disagree even, but not hurl insults. And it's tiring entering virtually every thread and seeing what could have been a fun or worthwhile discussion, descend into farce.

As a fictional countryman of yours once said, be curious, not judgemental. Try to see things from the other side.

Peace out.
100%

And then someone "strawsmans" it, saying it's only Poster X, Y, Z, but in reality, almost all "frequent posters" are prone to do the same thing, when disagreed.

I know that not everyone enjoys longer posts, but... hey it's great to tone down a conversation too, so it's not a hot take with thin reasoning

Last edited:
Why would it be a question of if he is ever healthy again? The majority of NFL players are recovered from knee injuries. His surgery was only months ago.
Did when question whether Brady would ever be the same when he wasn’t himself in 2009?
well sure. Brady's surgery was always back of mind until he went out and proved he was back to 100%
JuJu clearly is not moving well, and is struggling to have even a minimal impact. I do agree, the surgery was only a few months ago (6?-7?) We also all saw reports that his knee was going to "explode". regardless if that is true or not, until he is effective, why keep putting him out there?
for me, I am now at the point where JuJu has to show he is healthy in order to again count on him. I question if that is this year.

well sure. Brady's surgery was always back of mind until he went out and proved he was back to 100%
JuJu clearly is not moving well, and is struggling to have even a minimal impact. I do agree, the surgery was only a few months ago (6?-7?) We also all saw reports that his knee was going to "explode". regardless if that is true or not, until he is effective, why keep putting him out there?
for me, I am now at the point where JuJu has to show he is healthy in order to again count on him. I question if that is this year.
I think this is the reasonable approach as opposed to assuming he will never be good again and we should cut him now and take a huge cap hit out of spite.

My thinking is 2024, we have to find a true #1 and then work out amongst our many, many WRs who can be a #2 and a #3.

Well this discussion was surrounding the premise if “cut him now”. My point is and has been if he is clearly not 100% you don’t give up on a good player 5 games into a 3 year deal. But people like to be angry.

I think this is the reasonable approach as opposed to assuming he will never be good again and we should cut him now and take a huge cap hit out of spite.

My thinking is 2024, we have to find a true #1 and then work out amongst our many, many WRs who can be a #2 and a #3.
true #1, Bourne, Douglas, Thornton, work out who is the 5th
=============
This is where we were to start this season.

true #1, Bourne, Douglas, Thornton, work out who is the 5th
=============
This is where we were to start this season.

Yep, and for TE, I'm okay with Henry, Brown and a pure blocking TE.

RB, I'm okay with keeping Zeke and Rhamandre (if they can figure out what is going on with him this year) if we can get a real 3rd down back.

Have you heard of this thing call humor?
The Goldbergs No GIF by ABC Network

we all saw Parkers lazy route and Romo called him out on it
If Romo and Lazar see something, BB, BOB and Brown should as well. if they don't see it, that a problem. if they do see it and are doing nothing to correct it, thats a bigger problem.

Thornton was benched for the game after playing 3 snaps. So they see it and are reacting.

2024 Wide Receiver: Kyle Hampton

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back