PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Prospects

Starting to think that Bo Nix is a legit option for the Pats. Kid has transformed himself after struggling at Auburn. Big arm, mobile and increased ball security. Can see him shooting up the draft boards in the coming weeks/months.
I really like him too seems like he will be a IMPACT Player from Day 1.

The problem with Penix is that he is very much a pocket passer QB with a lengthy injury history, which is not what the Patriots need right now.
I know Penix got hurt on a couple of occasions at Indiana. I don't know the extent of those injuries. I think there was an ankle injury, since I bet on CFB so that rings a bell when a starting QB is out. I do know Indiana has never really had a good OL and that is a problem playing in the Bifg10.
The past 2 years he's been on a better OL/team and has produced good numbers and has looked good. We'll hear more news about his past health issues as we get closer to the draft. Unless you have solid information handy. I may have missed it if you already posted about it.
I also like Bo Nix a little better now, but it's close. His play has been very consistent and Oregon just trounces teams. He got trounced by Georgia last year but that was loaded with an NFL roster. Good match up against Washington this weekend. I will want to see that game for sure.
I also had JJ McCarthy as an option for our second pick (whether that be trading back up into the 1st) but something is wrong with him the past couple of weeks. I'm backing off until I know more.
Also of note, no way Jayden Daniels lasts to the end of the 1st/early second, where we could have a chance to nab him. My concern with him is he is very slight and runs almost like Lamar Jackson. He'll need to pack on a little weight but he has been great pretty much all year. Will easily be a Heisman finalist and out of our reach as second pick (was projected to go in the second round a month ago or so) unless we slide down a little in draft and pick him. Even then he still might go top 6.

I know Penix got hurt on a couple of occasions at Indiana. I don't know the extent of those injuries. I think there was an ankle injury, since I bet on CFB so that rings a bell when a starting QB is out. I do know Indiana has never really had a good OL and that is a problem playing in the Bifg10.
Each of his four years at IU he had a season-ending injury. Tore the same ACL twice, and two upper body injuries. He played a total of 20 games.

I just saw that Zack Zinter of Michigan suffered a devastating broken leg. He was tall for an Interior OL at 6'6 and 322. Where do you all think he'l end up because of the broken leg? Will someone look to take him at the end of the draft? Or will he sneak higher than the 5th round?

The past 2 years he's been on a better OL/team and has produced good numbers and has looked good. We'll hear more news about his past health issues as we get closer to the draft. Unless you have solid information handy. I may have missed it if you already posted about it.
I also like Bo Nix a little better now, but it's close. His play has been very consistent and Oregon just trounces teams. He got trounced by Georgia last year but that was loaded with an NFL roster. Good match up against Washington this weekend. I will want to see that game for sure.
I also had JJ McCarthy as an option for our second pick (whether that be trading back up into the 1st) but something is wrong with him the past couple of weeks. I'm backing off until I know more.
Also of note, no way Jayden Daniels lasts to the end of the 1st/early second, where we could have a chance to nab him. My concern with him is he is very slight and runs almost like Lamar Jackson. He'll need to pack on a little weight but he has been great pretty much all year. Will easily be a Heisman finalist and out of our reach as second pick (was projected to go in the second round a month ago or so) unless we slide down a little in draft and pick him. Even then he still might go top 6.
I really like Daniel’s as well.
He has a high ceiling, he is a wildcard when it comes to the draft I can’t see him falling into the second but also could see him in the top 10.
I could be sold on him in the top 5.

Oh man, gotta find a way to draft the Alabama Hulk and these other 2 Hulks, 77 Jaeden Roberts, this guy, 52 Tyler Booker and 74 Kadyn Proctor destroyed Georgia last night.... Especially that 52

I'm high on Drake Maye and wouldn't be shook on Caleb at 2, but prefer the size/prototype vs. trends. Here's my current personal opinions on the QB class this year.

Maye- In my opinion with the size, mobility, arm strength.. he reminds me of the perfect blend of Trevor Lawrence and Josh Allen.

C.William- Closest thing to Mahomes since Mahomes.

J. Daniels- If we could trade back for capital, staying in the top 6-10 and grab him here, that would be a steal with what we got in additional picks.

Bo Nix- He wasn't successful at Auburn. Oregon's offensive scheme never translates to success in the NFL and spread offense is QB stat friendly. He seems like a minor upgrade over Mac, his arm strength doesn't impress me and yeah he's mobile, but not really. Mac's stats>Bo's.

Penix- Dime dropper with WR talent. Mac had this too and put up better stats, no thanks.

JJ McCarthy- If we can get MHJ and JJ in the second or trade down for capital, grab a T and JJ in the 2nd.. I'd view this as a great draft as I don't think we're competitive next year regardless with any of the above.

Get a QB with the 1st pick and focus on offense to at least the 5th round minimum...
We can do a complete 180 like the Texans did with Stroud

Get a QB with the 1st pick and focus on offense to at least the 5th round minimum...
We can do a complete 180 like the Texans did with Stroud

Yup, it is no more complicated than that assuming we pick the right guys. Plus our cap room will help us reorganize the roster - let some guys go and sign others.

Here's how I'm fixing this, might need to sign a few pieces here and there...

I want to take Legette or Worthy in the 2nd but they never make it there, maybe better to grab a good OT and take the Washington twins, McMillan is great man. Colson in the middle.......Fiske brings it...need to sign one more RB...

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 14-23-02 2024 NFL User Mock Draft #1861985 NFL Mock Draft Database.png

Here's how I'm fixing this, might need to sign a few pieces here and there...

I want to take Legette or Worthy in the 2nd but they never make it there, maybe better to grab a good OT and take the Washington twins, McMillan is great man. Colson in the middle.......Fiske brings it...need to sign one more RB...

View attachment 55115
Boy I love your Draft but you are missing one player QB Penix Jr. that Washing Team have some very good WR's... Rome Odunze - Jalen McMillan and Ja'Lynn Polk we can just Draft that Washington Team. :cool:

I'm in the process of watching the UNC Clemson 2023 game to evaluate Maye, but I just gotta point out CB Nate Wiggins' effort to chase down Omarion Hampton (1442yds/6.2ypc/15TD - 10.71 100m in HS). Bonus INT by Wiggins on an awful throw by Maye from 2022 as well. I know Pats are probably not looking at CB, especially in the 1st round, but I was just so darn impressed I had to post it.

Edit: Just finished watching the whole game (plus highlights of the NCSU game). I don't have a short vid, but Wiggins also had an INT against Maye later in the 2023 game. Maye definitely misses NFL WRs Josh Downs and Antoine Green from last year. I just don't see how he's one of the very top QBs in the draft, but if the experts say so, who am I to disagree?

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back