PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Draft Prospects

Alabama Slot WR/Special Teams standout Slade Bolden just declared for the draft. I'm very intriqued!

With the first pick we might have to pick the best available option under

Ahmed gardner
Jordan Davis
Nakobi Dean
Jameson Williams (if he drops)

Dean is a very polarizing prospect so I hope either Gardner or Davis fall to us. But looks like chargers might draft Gardner.

All 4 would be nice.....lol.....anyone of the 4 would do for me

I'd love any of these guys - Mixture of early round guys, and later guys. The WR class is deep and has multiple talented guys in every round. Honestly this is the sort of draft where you would like multiple day two picks. As the talent is so deep within this class. There are a couple of blue chip guys, but they will be gone before we pick.

For my first three picks this is what i'd ideally like to see, unless we manage to trade down and get more picks.

Ideally with our first rounder i'd love Sauce Gardner, think he could go top 15 if he runs well.
Second round i'd love a guy like Metchie, Pickens, Daxton hill, Myjai Sanders, Travon Walker.
Third round - Brandon Smith unreal athlete. Would give us that speed we need in the LB room.

Jameson Williams - WR
John Metchie - WR
Alec Pierce - WR
Treylon Burks - WR
George Pickens - WR
Justyn Ross - WR

Eric Gray - RB
Jerrion Ealy - RB
Jaxson Kirkland - OT

Travis Jones - NT
Marquan Mccall - NT (370lbs)
Myjai Sanders - Edge
Travon Walker - Edge
Brandon Smith - LB
Christian Harris - LB

Ahmed 'Sauce" Gardner - CB
Coby Bryant - CB
Derion Kendrick - DB
Reed Blankenship - S
Daxton Hill - S

With the first pick we might have to pick the best available option under

Ahmed gardner
Jordan Davis
Nakobi Dean
Jameson Williams (if he drops)

Dean is a very polarizing prospect so I hope either Gardner or Davis fall to us. But looks like chargers might draft Gardner.
Yeah, me thinks Philly could afford to take a shot on Williams, even after drafting Smith last year. They have picks 15, 16 & 19, all ahead of the Pats. I also read that his ACL injury wasn't as serious as the average bear. He could be ready by end of camp. But no one really knows. I would love for him on the Pats. He's tall, rangy, elusive, good route runner and as everyone has seen: FAST

Most likely philly will take Jameson . They have 3 first round picks to burn.

David Bell from Purdue could be our guy . Skyyy Moore in 4th round could be like renfrow or take a wild shot at Slade in UDFA.

If we can trade to get to 35, 53, 62, 72 and some later round we can possibly hit

Roger McCreary/ Cine
Travis Jones
Brandon Smith
David Bell/Metchie /Skyy Moore.

But I doubt if he will go DT as Henry Anderson is also there . He might be equally risky as a draft DT.

A no trade, as it stands mock I did that I’d totally be okay with if it played out like this.

Attachments

• D4365B10-DD06-413E-9EF2-6EAB2777AA31.jpeg
    D4365B10-DD06-413E-9EF2-6EAB2777AA31.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 18
Did anyone catch punter Matt Araiza's combine performance?
Left footed punter/kicker with massive distance and accuracy. Has a long punting action that could be a problem, but very intriguing and certainly someone that BB would be interested in. Not sure if he's draft worthy in our current state, but in another year I could see BB using a pick on him.

Last edited:
Most likely philly will take Jameson . They have 3 first round picks to burn.

That makes sense; if you have a lot of picks, you can afford to gamble/wait on Jameson Williams. It would sort of be a relief if Jameson was not on the board when it came time for the Patriots to pick at 21; it would be a dilemma if he was on the board, and chairs might be thrown around at the Patriots draft HQ...

Unlike last year, the Patriots first pick this year is a real mystery since they have so many holes to fill...

That makes sense; if you have a lot of picks, you can afford to gamble/wait on Jameson Williams. It would sort of be a relief if Jameson was not on the board when it came time for the Patriots to pick at 21; it would be a dilemma if he was on the board, and chairs might be thrown around at the Patriots draft HQ...

Unlike last year, the Patriots first pick this year is a real mystery since they have so many holes to fill...

The one good thing about having so many holes is that you can just take bpa

Do we really have that many holes?

Wide receiver, Corner, linebacker and guard needs help.

Then depth at nt, ot and de.

Do we really have that many holes?

Wide receiver, Corner, linebacker and guard needs help.

Then depth at nt, ot and de.
I'm not so worried about guard and wide receiver. Corner definitely needs a quality addition. Maybe the young linebackers hanging around for the last couple years will contribute. Would have liked Myles Jack. Surprised about the Fournette, Butler visits. Okay with Butler, experienced backup, Fournette could portend a Harris trade.

I really have fallen for Dax Hill. There is a part of me that thinks he could be our pick in the late first. He's the perfect modern DB - plays in the slot and at safety primarily but has the athleticism to play outside too. Also a really good blitzed and plays pretty physical for his size. Ran a 4.38 40 and had a 6.6 three cone.

The way the NFL is going I think he's the type of defender you need. He's the type of guy who can cover a Stef Diggs or Jaylen Waddle but also allows you to be multiple in the secondary, which you know Bill will love. Could also be the long term replacement for Devin.

Haven't heard much chat on this board about him but if we could trade down 7 or 8 spots from 2 and get Hill I'd be thrilled.

I really have fallen for Dax Hill. There is a part of me that thinks he could be our pick in the late first. He's the perfect modern DB - plays in the slot and at safety primarily but has the athleticism to play outside too. Also a really good blitzed and plays pretty physical for his size. Ran a 4.38 40 and had a 6.6 three cone.

The way the NFL is going I think he's the type of defender you need. He's the type of guy who can cover a Stef Diggs or Jaylen Waddle but also allows you to be multiple in the secondary, which you know Bill will love. Could also be the long term replacement for Devin.

Haven't heard much chat on this board about him but if we could trade down 7 or 8 spots from 2 and get Hill I'd be thrilled.

He reminds me a ton of McCourty. I see him as a good hybrid guy who could play some corner for us and then take over as the deep safety next year. Like his game a lot, although he needs some seasoning.

I know he had a great 3 cone time, but his tape just screams problems with changing directions, and sinking the hips. Not sure he trusts his eyes or if he lacks instincts.

To me his tape screams second round pick.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back