PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Draft Prospects

Yeah, even though Georgia lost lecounte campbell stokes and ojulari for example they had a good defense. Davis is a monster in the middle of their line. 6 or 7 sacks I can’t remember speak for itself. But the right side of Clemson offensive line did not help their qb at all. It was a fun game to watch if you enjoy good defenses. Have you watched bama? I thought their defense took a good step from last year. Or did miamis offense just not play that good, hard to tell for me.

in a perfect world, we resign Brent brown and we draft nt Jordan Davis in the first round of the draft and draft ot faalala of Minnesota in the second round.

we add much needed size and toughness.

in a perfect world, we resign Brent brown and we draft nt Jordan Davis in the first round of the draft and draft ot faalala of Minnesota in the second round.

For this Davis needs to show some Pass Rush this year bc otherwise a two down DT even a beast like Davis doesn't seem like good value in the first depending on the pick range. He would be a great fit here though and could provide some nice juice with barmore etc over the next years. Besides that i think there is a high chance of a DB Pick in the early rounds

Davis flashed but hasn't played like that with any type of consistency. Last year he had some poor games, was up & down. If he's that player we saw last week, every week. He'll get 1st round talk for sure. Mainly bc it's a down year for IDL.

If you guys haven't watched Travis Jones, Winfrey, Tyler Davis, Davidson, Hinton, Pickering, Booker make it a point. I'll finish the individual threads to give everyone some names to watch.

With all the issues we have had at right offensive tackle this season, I think my favorite player in this draft could solve that issue for us…… Neal of Alabama.

With all the issues we have had at right offensive tackle this season, I think my favorite player in this draft could solve that issue for us…… Neal of Alabama.
I think we pick 15-18. Neal will be long gone. I like Trevor Penning -T - N Iowa in the first.

I love Jaquan Brisket - FS - PSU in the 2nd. Dude is a great tackler and runs 4.4
May have to move up a bit too in 2nd like we did for Barmore

He's a lefty. . . .

I think we pick 15-18. Neal will be long gone. I like Trevor Penning -T - N Iowa in the first.

I love Jaquan Brisket - FS - PSU in the 2nd. Dude is a great tackler and runs 4.4
May have to move up a bit too in 2nd like we did for Barmore

In our pattern matching cover 3 defense, we must have a dominate free safety to be run it properly!
Mccourty is clearly on his last go around,

In our pattern matching cover 3 defense, we must have a dominate free safety to be run it properly!
Mccourty is clearly on his last go around,
Thought Brisker looked very good last night. Played close to LOS on a lot of plays. He might be better suited as a big nickel. Hard to scout safeties on TV. You don’t see them a lot. He’s a great tackler.

BC has this true freshman QB Morehead, didn't do anything miraculous but is big, quick release, strong arm, didn't panic under pressure. Could be something next year. Just looked the part. Some guys never advance beyond that so it will be interesting to see what he becomes.

He's a lefty. . . .

Bill has to be salivating. Half his punts down inside the 20, back to back weeks with 50+ yard field goal and 80+ yard punt, AND leads his team in special teams tackles.

Bill has to be salivating. Half his punts down inside the 20, back to back weeks with 50+ yard field goal and 80+ yard punt, AND leads his team in special teams tackles.

he is amazing.

Jordan Davis is a MONSTER.
I will add that he would make a BIG difference to our run defense. He has also improved his ability to rush the passer. He’s a hand full. Don’t want him on another team in our division.

From this weekend. Needs to work on his situational kicking to avoid getting touchbacks…. ;)

Probably a stupid question , but what is wrong with keeping Bailey ?......is it down to just money.........on a punter ???

Why isn't Devin Lloyd listed as top 20 pick in mocks I've seen? What am I missing? The guy is a beast.

Why isn't Devin Lloyd listed as top 20 pick in mocks I've seen? What am I missing? The guy is a beast.
He's LB1 rn for me just edging out Dean. Clark, Chenal, McFadden are close. Trying to finish IDL rn and LB next

Just had a quick trawl of the various sites some of which have been updated and have us picking at 22 (others have us between 15 - 22 )

NOT SURE IF HES ELIGIBLE

Payton Wilson LB from NC State. Is someone we should all be looking at 6’4 235. He is your modern day LB who could easily add a bit more weight if needed.

He’s sideline to sideline, could cover RB and TEs at the next level. He does have a red flag, was caught public intoxication in 2019 and fleeing from the police and arrested while hiding under a car… has had two surgeries on each shoulder and an acl tear. If there isn’t any other off the field issues and his Medicals check out. He could be a steal in the draft.

Last edited:
NOT SURE IF HES ELIGIBLE

Payton Wilson LB from NC State. Is someone we should all be looking at 6’4 235. He is your modern day LB who could easily add a bit more weight if needed.

He’s sideline to sideline, could cover RB and TEs at the next level. He does have a red flag, was caught public intoxication in 2019 and fleeing from the police and arrested while hiding under a car… has had two surgeries on each shoulder and an acl tear. If there isn’t any other off the field issues and his Medicals check out. He could be a steal in the draft.
He is and definitely on my PTP radar. For a while actually. He's an animal that loves to hit and has 0 fear. A ton of work to do on the field and I'll get into that in the thread but he's an animal.

He's separated both shoulders during games before and just kept playing and twisting it back in if he can. I know it's happened a few times and he doesn't care lol. Similar / better stats than JOK in 2020 with 11.5 TFL / 3.5 SK / 2 INT / 57 solo - 108 Total.

Played lacrosse and wrestled in high school. Caught a few passes, ran the ball a few times.

He's a bit of a project but such a fun player. Medicals will be huge and I suspect there might be other things that show up there as well. Definitely a name to remember.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back