PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 Rush/PTP Thread

It looks like a really top and deep edge class. There are a lot potential breakout candidates. This will be exciting to watch next season.
Most intriguing prospects I will follow are Enagbare, Hutchinson, Karlaftis and Bonitto.

as BGC already mentioned Leal can also line up outside the OT. Garrett as well as experts mentioned. What a quickness

Coming off perhaps his signature game last night. Reminding everyone just how special he can be, he's taken over multiple games with his freakish athleticism and gifts.

His get off / first step is fierce, it's explosive and he's excellent at jumping the snap, esp under a loud crowd. Two and three are powerful - track /closing speed appear in these steps. At times can lose footing but remember he's still getting used to his new speed and power as well. He's still a pup in a lot of ways.

His speed to power is just absurd and I say that bc again he's still a baby. He's almost maxed out (250ish) or will be around 260-265 but he's young. Think of how strong you were at 20-21 compared to 24-26. It's light years for these guys - running on anti-gravity treadmills, prepared foods for every bite, ++ genetics ... He's going to put on a little muscle and just naturally get stronger. He could probably play with better pad level at times but he's just too quick off the line for most. When things come together and he plays with plus leverage his speed to power rush is outstanding.

Almost always making it difficult for tackles to worry about little else besides "KT" He threatens the arc every pass rep but has real ankle and hip flexibility. Can flatten out with ease ... Dip/Rip with ease. Agility to take any corner given the smallest space. If he puts you on his back it's over. Efficient steps and path to QB.

Effective long-arm, arm-over / swim, stab / arm-over, can cross face inside with tackles or going against interior linemen ... Capable of anything has to add his counter more seamlessly.

Heavy hands and great placement to maximize leverage. Plus hands but could be more active overall imo.

Versatile defender you can line up anywhere. Deadly from 7-9T, lines up over C/G, Oregon used him at 4i. Can stand up, loves exploding from 3 PT stance.

Recognizes and reads blocks, shows good patience at times. Has to develop a better plan rushing 1/2 man. Kills it but it's off pure talent. Has the moves, puts them together but relies too much on his gifts in some situations.

I really really like his ability to utilize his length (reportedly 34 1/8) in the run game. He almost always hits his man first, clean down the middle of his chest with his pop to detach.

Front side/back side - pursuit, wrong shoulder pullers, keeping outside shoulder clean, stack / shed ... He's a great run defender with a real motor.

Keeps his hands up to disrupt lanes. Does so much that won't show up in the box score.

Coming off perhaps his signature game last night. Reminding everyone just how special he can be, he's taken over multiple games with his freakish athleticism and gifts.

His get off / first step is fierce, it's explosive and he's excellent at jumping the snap, esp under a loud crowd. Two and three are powerful - track /closing speed appear in these steps. At times can lose footing but remember he's still getting used to his new speed and power as well. He's still a pup in a lot of ways.

His speed to power is just absurd and I say that bc again he's still a baby. He's almost maxed out (250ish) or will be around 260-265 but he's young. Think of how strong you were at 20-21 compared to 24-26. It's light years for these guys - running on anti-gravity treadmills, prepared foods for every bite, ++ genetics ... He's going to put on a little muscle and just naturally get stronger. He could probably play with better pad level at times but he's just too quick off the line for most. When things come together and he plays with plus leverage his speed to power rush is outstanding.

Almost always making it difficult for tackles to worry about little else besides "KT" He threatens the arc every pass rep but has real ankle and hip flexibility. Can flatten out with ease ... Dip/Rip with ease. Agility to take any corner given the smallest space. If he puts you on his back it's over. Efficient steps and path to QB.

Effective long-arm, arm-over / swim, stab / arm-over, can cross face inside with tackles or going against interior linemen ... Capable of anything has to add his counter more seamlessly.

Heavy hands and great placement to maximize leverage. Plus hands but could be more active overall imo.

Versatile defender you can line up anywhere. Deadly from 7-9T, lines up over C/G, Oregon used him at 4i. Can stand up, loves exploding from 3 PT stance.

Recognizes and reads blocks, shows good patience at times. Has to develop a better plan rushing 1/2 man. Kills it but it's off pure talent. Has the moves, puts them together but relies too much on his gifts in some situations.

I really really like his ability to utilize his length (reportedly 34 1/8) in the run game. He almost always hits his man first, clean down the middle of his chest with his pop to detach.

Front side/back side - pursuit, wrong shoulder pullers, keeping outside shoulder clean, stack / shed ... He's a great run defender with a real motor.

Keeps his hands up to disrupt lanes. Does so much that won't show up in the box score.

I do believe he goes First overall this year. I can't remember when the top QB's going into the season struggled like that. And there isn't a game changer for your franchise in this draft as KT.

I do believe he goes First overall this year. I can't remember when the top QB's going into the season struggled like that. And there isn't a game changer for your franchise in this draft as KT.
I never thought Rattler was going #1 overall. This is a good year to have a guy you really like, like Mac and have a high pick. Teams always overdraft QB's so that just means more talent getting pushed back to us.

Right now if the season ended, we would draft 7th.

based on that, pass rusher seems like the best value position to draft.

we might have a choice of:

1.) Leal
2.) Hutchison
3.) karlaftis

leal and barmore could be a nice pass rushing combination!

Right now if the season ended, we would draft 7th.

based on that, pass rusher seems like the best value position to draft.

we might have a choice of:

1.) Leal
2.) Hutchison
3.) karlaftis

leal and barmore could be a nice pass rushing combination!
I was going to create a thread about trading back into the first round this year and still might. I suspect Davis will be a popular choice ... Let's say he's available 18-25. I know Bill would never just let Uche rush but this would be pretty sweet. Honestly this isn't appealing?

Uche OLB
Leal 3/5T
Davis 0/Shade
Barmore 3/5T
Judon OLB

I wasn't that high in Karlaftis when he was a recruit. Now I'm pretty annoyed ND passed on him. He just didn't look projectable to me physically at the time. I thought his younger brother, Yanni, would be the better college player. Whoopsie. I still think the younger Karlaftis will be pretty good.

What does everyone think of Isaiah Foskey?

I was going to create a thread about trading back into the first round this year and still might. I suspect Davis will be a popular choice ... Let's say he's available 18-25. I know Bill would never just let Uche rush but this would be pretty sweet. Honestly this isn't appealing?

Uche OLB
Leal 3/5T
Davis 0/Shade
Barmore 3/5T
Judon OLB

this would be an incredible lineup. If bb could pull this off, it would set our defense up for dominating the line of scrimmage.

I wasn't that high in Karlaftis when he was a recruit. Now I'm pretty annoyed ND passed on him. He just didn't look projectable to me physically at the time. I thought his younger brother, Yanni, would be the better college player. Whoopsie. I still think the younger Karlaftis will be pretty good.

What does everyone think of Isaiah Foskey?
I like Foskey a lot. Couldn't really put him any higher in my tiers but he's our type. First guy off the bus look. Impressive body. Plus play strength and speed but I think he could be a little faster with a little more experience. Nice COD / agility for 6'4/260. He looks smooth chasing, turning and running around the los. Covers the flat, plays off the ball, obviously very comfortable standing up. Versatility is huge plus. He has some decent pop in his paws. Needs to string it all together a little quicker (placement of punch, read, stack/shed, wrap up) but he has that athleticism that allows him to make plays when things go right and the other guy makes a better play. Now you need an athlete to make it happen and potentially, he's got what it takes in that department. Plus motor and first step. Pass rush needs a lot of work but he's got a great first step at times and real flexibility.

This class of pass rushers is projected to be the deepest we have seen in a while!

I’m thinking if everything holds up I’m thinking we’ll be picking in the late 20’s. I don’t see one of the top cb’s being available at that point. If that is the case and one of the top tackles aren’t available either I hope we can land someone like Aidan Hutchinson. I think if you put him on the line with judon on the other side and wise rushing from a tackle spot with bar more, I think the dline gets even scarier for opposing teams. But after his game against OSU I don’t see him falling that far.

Hutchinson should be going top 10 and maybe even top 5. Providing he has no off field issues or medicals that come up. He’s relentless.

I’m thinking if everything holds up I’m thinking we’ll be picking in the late 20’s. I don’t see one of the top cb’s being available at that point. If that is the case and one of the top tackles aren’t available either I hope we can land someone like Aidan Hutchinson. I think if you put him on the line with judon on the other side and wise rushing from a tackle spot with bar more, I think the dline gets even scarier for opposing teams. But after his game against OSU I don’t see him falling that far.
Hutch came in the season as a top 10 pick and played himself into an outside shot at going #1 overall. I think some teams might prefer and think Hutch is more NFL ready than KT. I don't think we ever had a shot but I'm right there with you in terms of where your thoughts are at.

I badly want someone next to Barmore or opposite Judon. Badly! He's young cheap and super talented. Judon is in his prime and should be for a few more years. Let's get another big dog down there. I just asked a few people about possibly trading up for one but all said no. I lean no as well bc we don't have a ton of picks but yea I definitely want us to focus on getting a full-time upgrade across from Judon or Barmore.

Boye, David Ojabo, maybe Johnson? He's super intriguing. I'll mention someone else that i talked about last year that's under the radar. Sam Williams from Ole Miss 6'4/265 physical versatile and mean. I think he's a PTP guy for sure.

Sanders, Enagbare and Zach Carter are a few others that might fit here.

Hutch came in the season as a top 10 pick and played himself into an outside shot at going #1 overall. I think some teams might prefer and think Hutch is more NFL ready than KT. I don't think we ever had a shot but I'm right there with you in terms of where your thoughts are at.

I badly want someone next to Barmore or opposite Judon. Badly! He's young cheap and super talented. Judon is in his prime and should be for a few more years. Let's get another big dog down there. I just asked a few people about possibly trading up for one but all said no. I lean no as well bc we don't have a ton of picks but yea I definitely want us to focus on getting a full-time upgrade across from Judon or Barmore.

Boye, David Ojabo, maybe Johnson? He's super intriguing. I'll mention someone else that i talked about last year that's under the radar. Sam Williams from Ole Miss 6'4/265 physical versatile and mean. I think he's a PTP guy for sure.

Sanders, Enagbare and Zach Carter are a few others that might fit here.
Yeah Huchtinson locked himself up. 15 Pressures against OSU where he faced Petit-Frere who is a top 50 OT on some Boards this upcoming Draft.
I don't think Ojabo will declare in a loaded edge class and he only has one year of experience. One can argue he need to show consistency next season as well without Hutchinson on the other side.
Enagbare would be great i think he could be available a little later in the first rd with Hutch, KT, Jackson maybe, Karlaftis going before him. according to PFF the second highest Pass rush grade and really nice size/weight with long arms. I just read at PFN he did also work out with DB coach at his college so he offers versality as well.
I think BB might look at other Positions first since we already have some Edge Players on the other side who are under contract or don't have much experience but could see playing time there as Perkins, Jennings...I wonder about the low snap counts from Uche and Wino this year, it seems they barely play but i admit i don't always follow who is playing rn on any snap.

Last edited:
Don’t forget about Ronnie Perkins in 2022. Scouts Inc. had him at 36. Not far behind Barmore whom they had at 30.

I doubt Hightower comes back. Maybe, Lloyd from Utah in 1st. I do like a bunch of edge guys though. He dominated Oregon last time. Re-match on Friday night.

Good points guys
Yeah Huchtinson locked himself up. 15 Pressures against OSU where he faced Petit-Frere who is a top 50 OT on some Boards this upcoming Draft.
I don't think Ojabo will declare in a loaded edge class and he only has one year of experience. One can argue he need to show consistency next season as well without Hutchinson on the other side.
Yup this is a good point Ojabo could definitely go back and capitalize on another big year in a weaker class.
Enagbare would be great i think he could be available a little later in the first rd with Hutch, KT, Jackson maybe, Karlaftis going before him. according to PFF the second highest Pass rush grade and really nice size/weight with long arms. I just read at PFN he did also work out with DB coach at his college so he offers versality as well.
I think BB might look at other Positions first since we already have some Edge Players on the other side who are under contract or don't have much experience but could see playing time there as Perkins, Jennings...I wonder about the low snap counts from Uche and Wino this year, it seems they barely play but i admit i don't always follow who is playing rn on any snap.
Don’t forget about Ronnie Perkins in 2022. Scouts Inc. had him at 36. Not far behind Barmore whom they had at 30.

I doubt Hightower comes back. Maybe, Lloyd from Utah in 1st. I do like a bunch of edge guys though. He dominated Oregon last time. Re-match on Friday night.
And both on Perkins. I definitely didn't forget about him but forgot about him lol. He's definitely a contender. Probably Jennings last stand.

I love Lloyd. Check out his game against Stanford. He's been unbelievable this year. He might go top 12-15? First LB off the board? That's another deep class.

Enagbare should be available at the end of the first round. We can always use another pass rusher!

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back