PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

Wynn's going to have his hands full with this dude.

I have a sneaking suspicion Wynn will struggle like last year. Moving him to the right will be new for him, no? He was LT with the Georgia Bulldogs.

It’s interesting that Strange is ideally suited to an outside zone scheme that other teams run like the Broncos when the Patriots have mainly run a power gap downhill approach that ideally suits Onwenu and Brown.

I wonder what the OL coach is going to scheme. A hybrid approach.?

Strange and Onwenu are very different specimens whose approach should be different as well.

Maybe we’ll see Strange pulling to the other side a la John Hannah.

Wynn's going to have his hands full with this dude.

I'm not a fan of these "pressure" stats because there's zero context to it and they are also subjective. It would be better if PFF went deeper on what actually happens when they log a "pressure". Did the QB complete a pass? Did he throw it early and they didn't get a 1st down because of it? Did he throw it incomplete? Did it result in an INT? Did the QB gets sacked? Case in point, Anfernee Jennings was a split second away from sacking Josh Allen in the 2020 home game, but Allen got it off just in time and threw a 50 yard TD to Stefon Diggs. So that "pressure" was meaningless.

Regarding Crosby and Donald, Crosby leading by a large margin isn't exactly a good thing given he only had 8 sacks (4-3 DE) and Donald (3-4 DE) had 12.5. Clearly Donald is more effective. And Crosby making All Pro over Nick Bosa was such a joke.

I really like the addition of Chandler Jones. I like how aggressive McDaniels has been unlike what he initially did in Denver downgrading his roster for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
It’s interesting that Strange is ideally suited to an outside zone scheme that other teams run like the Broncos when the Patriots have mainly run a power gap downhill approach that ideally suits Onwenu and Brown.

I wonder what the OL coach is going to scheme. A hybrid approach.?

Strange and Onwenu are very different specimens whose approach should be different as well.

Maybe we’ll see Strange pulling to the other side a la John Hannah.
If he could have half the impact of a pulling John Hannah, it would be nice.

But was he Max Lane Super Bowl bad!! :rofl:

Yeah, Max was pretty mediocre. He did hold up for a half +, and I put a lot of blame on the coaches for not dialing up some help for him. May have made a big difference if Gash was in to chip and release. The extra second or two could have been big for Drew.

And, we are talking about one-on-one with Reggie White - an all-time great who saw the light at the end of the tunnel and was not going to be denied.

May have made a big difference if Gash was in to chip and release. The extra second or two could have been big for Drew.
I was 15 years old at the time, living on the opposite side of the country and the internet was in it's infancy, so I don't have a feckin' clue why Sam Gash was allowed to walk and Tony Carter took his place. Anybody know why this happened?

Tony Carter was decent, but letting Sam Gash go was absolutely unacceptable.

I was 15 years old at the time, living on the opposite side of the country and the internet was in it's infancy, so I don't have a feckin' clue why Sam Gash was allowed to walk and Tony Carter took his place. Anybody know why this happened?

Tony Carter was decent, but letting Sam Gash go was absolutely unacceptable.

Quick searches don't show much except that Gash was looking to reunite with Parcels in Jete Town, but didn't want to share time with Byars. The Bills stepped up with a good contract, and as an Unrestricted FA he took it. It didn't help that NE signed Carter before he left, not in response to his leaving.

Considering how close the contracts were (3/2.7m/800k for Carter, 3/3,3m/750k for Gash) I don't get it either. For a lousy 550k you keep the bull dozer who knows the system (and was a big part of CuMar's early success). Bobby Grier?

And 1998 was the Robert Edwards draft. The kid had a solid rookie season - but with Gash leading the way he could have been near epic.

Quick searches don't show much except that Gash was looking to reunite with Parcels in Jete Town, but didn't want to share time with Byars. The Bills stepped up with a good contract, and as an Unrestricted FA he took it. It didn't help that NE signed Carter before he left, not in response to his leaving.

Considering how close the contracts were (3/2.7m/800k for Carter, 3/3,3m/750k for Gash) I don't get it either. For a lousy 550k you keep the bull dozer who knows the system (and was a big part of CuMar's early success). Bobby Grier?

And 1998 was the Robert Edwards draft. The kid had a solid rookie season - but with Gash leading the way he could have been near epic.
Did Byers only want to play with Parcells as well? Letting him go was also a bad move. Carroll and Grier really messed that team up.

Richie Anderson on the hand, picked Parcells over Bill who was a Super Bowl champion in 2003. What an idiotic move.

Did Byers only want to play with Parcells as well? Letting him go was also a bad move. Carroll and Grier really messed that team up.

Richie Anderson on the hand, picked Parcells over Bill who was a Super Bowl champion in 2003. What an idiotic move.

Byars had just finished his 13th season, so I can see why NE let him walk. He played one more year (13 games, not much of an impact) before calling it.

Starting at center for us this season will be moe Howard!

Starting at left guard will be Larry fine.

Starting at left tackle will be curly Howard.

Starting at right tackle shemp Howard.

Starting at right guard will be joe besser.

The top reserve will be joe derita!

Our offensive line is a stinky mess!

That’s a lot of effort for a post that isn’t funny or accurate.

Thanks for your insight

Joe Besser was never starting-caliber…

On a side note, I once saw the 3 Stooges (with Joe DeRita) perform at the old Pleasure Island in Wakefield MA… I also remember seeing the Lone Ranger & Lassie there too…

Joe Besser was never starting-caliber…

On a side note, I once saw the 3 Stooges (with Joe DeRita) perform at the old Pleasure Island in Wakefield MA… I also remember seeing the Lone Ranger & Lassie there too…

Before my time. In college, we got a cable channel that played old tv shows. Closest I came to seeing those shows.

Before my time. In college, we got a cable channel that played old tv shows. Closest I came to seeing those shows.

TV38 in Boston was a godsend during the late ‘60s-‘70s… The Little Rascals for my younger sister & me, and The 3 Stooges for my older brother & me… Good times, good times…

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back