PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

Are we better or worse?

Wynn, Karras, Andrews, Mason, Brown (with Herron playing a lot), and backup OG's Onwenu & Ferentz

Brown, Strange, Andrews, Onwenu, Wynn (with Herron or Cajusti playing a lot) and backup OG's Hambright and Ferentz (or Russey)
========
IMO, we need to acquire some IOL backup help.

If we can pick up a veteran rog at cutdown day, we can bump onwenu to rot and trade Wynn to anybody dumb enough to take him.

Gotta be > Herron...
Hopefully, but apparently he’s somewhere between 265-290 lbs. That’s way too light for an OT. Allegedly, he made the switch from TE to OT. I’m guessing Bill values the positional versatility; similar to Michael Williams from the 2015 season.

Steuber is eligible to come off the reserve /NFI list after the first 4 games. Given the questionable state of the Pats current O line and the light in the seat reserves we currently dress,I'd rather Steuber get the reps as the season progresses..with an eye toward 2023.

I would be shocked if the Pats don't make a trade/or add a new o-lineman on waivers. I don't really trust the depth at tackle, especially with the injury history of the two tackles.

I would be shocked if the Pats don't make a trade/or add a new o-lineman on waivers. I don't really trust the depth at tackle, especially with the injury history of the two tackles.
I see Onwenu at RT and either Sherman or less likely Hines or getting a shot at RG. Could be Ferentz which would be disappointing.

I see Onwenu at RT and either Sherman or less likely Hines or getting a shot at RG. Could be Ferentz which would be disappointing.
If their plan is to move Onwenu to tackle then they need to add another guard. I agree with this as Onwenu's best play has been from right tackle not guard.

Obviously we needed an OL who could start immediately like Strange, so in addition to him being graded highly, it's clear we also had a big need for OL.

I wanted LB Devin Lloyd in the first. I still want him, especially after seeing McGrone cut. But I just checked Lloyd's preseason out and he suffered a hamstring injury in camp, then didn't play until he saw mop up duty in the last preseason game. Unless he comes on strong, this might be an underwhelming learning year for him.

All this makes me wonder if the Patriots were hoping for Charles Cross or Trevor Penning to drop

And while he's there he should be re-introduced to the Center position...
I know Hines played some center in college but I just don't see that as a natural position for him...I think it's G. Russey is the center of the future....not because he's a binky of mine but because he's practiced and played every preseason game there. He's played the position for a looooong time at a high level.

Last edited:
Achilles heal of the offense now. Suspect it will be different by Thanksgiving.

Obviously we needed an OL who could start immediately like Strange, so in addition to him being graded highly, it's clear we also had a big need for OL.

I wanted LB Devin Lloyd in the first. I still want him, especially after seeing McGrone cut. But I just checked Lloyd's preseason out and he suffered a hamstring injury in camp, then didn't play until he saw mop up duty in the last preseason game. Unless he comes on strong, this might be an underwhelming learning year for him.

All this makes me wonder if the Patriots were hoping for Charles Cross or Trevor Penning to drop

Cross was never dropping that far, but maybe Bill & the New Minions decided to trade down after Penning went to NO at 19...

Dam shame that they didn't draft Quinn Meinerz & Trey Smith last year when they were ripe for the picking; or Zachary Tom instead of Zappy, Jamaree Salyer instead of Kevin Harris, and Rasheed Walker instead of Andy Stubbedit this year... A different-looking and Much better OL with just those 5 easy, even-a-monkey-could've-done-it moves.

Achilles heal of the offense now. Suspect it will be different by Thanksgiving.

Only if new players are brought into the building, and both Thanksdad & the Comedian are sh!t-canned.

Watching Texas a&m play Sam Houston and Texas a&m has gone to a zone blocking scheme and they are having all sorts of offensive line issues.

How stubborn is bb going to be in installing our zone blocking scheme?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back