PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

I thought that after Keith Ismael was taken at 156 during the 2020 draft, Williams was right up there as the best available C/G along with Nick Harris, Jake Hanson & Calvin Throckmorton... Still could've had him with the pick that Bill threw-away on Dusty Woody, so it's only proper that he signs him now...

PLEEEEEEEEEZE MR Williams, help rid us of the blight known as Thanksdad, now & forever Amen.
Gotta ask; who is Dusty Woody? LOL

Some center out of Kentucky drafted in the 6th round or so.
I think it was Memphis. Regardless, to answer the question, he retired before camp his rookie year, tried to unretire a year later, but was cut pretty quickly and never to be heard from again.

Gotta ask; who is Dusty Woody? LOL

Some center out of Kentucky drafted in the 6th round or so.

I think it was Memphis. Regardless, to answer the question, he retired before camp his rookie year, tried to unretire a year later, but was cut pretty quickly and never to be heard from again.

Yep, Dustin Woodard from Memphis (State, when I was stationed near there in 1978-79)... Bad pick as soon as his name was called... The way some draft picks are co cavalierly thrown-aside frustrates the sh!t outta me...

Second paragraph is a correct analysis by DaBruinz regarding Dave Andrews’s glaring weakness.

A legitimate backup center not named Ferentz needs to enter the practice field. Is it Kody Russey?

I think he’s an upgrade over Ferentz.

How many hurries and sacks will Andrew’s give up not having the athleticism to deal with inside stunts?

I wish we could see this from Andrews.

LT, set with Brown.
LG looks good with rookie Strange.
RG is strong with Onwenu.
Center is decent with Andrews.
RT is looking uncertain with Herron or Wynn or TBD.

Get er done, Matt Patricia.

I have a feeling that this position group can play better than expected; however, a couple of injuries could turn the unit into one of the worst in the league.

I have a feeling that this position group can play better than expected; however, a couple of injuries could turn the unit into one of the worst in the league.
Never underestimate “the League’s” ability to suck…. While true that depth is iffy, I bet you there are minimum 5 units out there that’ll blow.

There are some pretty angry people posting on this thread. Pretty mean ones too. I post to add, I hope, some perspective.

The comment that People need to "look closely at BB's draft picks" as if he totally sucks at it kind of makes me smile in dismay. In a league were there is a 25-35% turnover rate in team's rosters year over year only one team has had ONE losing season over the last 22 years.. And NO one is even close. (and that one was just 7-9 with a depleted roster and a 1 and done QB) Not to mention just 4 years not in the playoffs (3 of those years with winning records.

So given the absolute DOMINANCE of that 22 years stretch that included NINE superbowl appearances, you would think that having the ability to replenish rosters and build teams year after year would be a hallmark of Bills administrations. But clearly, for some, it is NEVER good enough, because we ALWAYS could have gotten THIS guy instead of that one. Because we want to highlight the failures of guys like Harry Richard, and Williams, and forget he found THREE probowl CB's and a long term starting C as UDFA's because that somehow doesn't count.

So why haven't all these draft gurus who run other teams and seem to pick all winners don't come CLOSE to doing what the Pats are STILL doing after so long.

They will enter this season with a few "stars" but not many, but will have a deeper and more talented roster than the one they had last season. BUT most teams will feel that way. But the how those team's fare next season will be determined NOT so much by the talent, but by how well those teams come together and how well they are coached.

The comment that People need to "look closely at BB's draft picks" as if he totally sucks at it kind of makes me smile in dismay.
“Really, the teams who draft well are the ones who will be consistently good,” Kraft said, based on a transcript provided by the team. “I don’t feel like we’ve done the greatest job the last few years and I really hope and believe I’ve seen a different approach this year.”
In a league were there is a 25-35% turnover rate in team's rosters year over year only one team has had ONE losing season over the last 22 years. And NO one is even close.
Pittsburg Steelers have only ONE losing season over the last 22 years.
So given the absolute DOMINANCE of that 22 years stretch that included NINE superbowl appearances, you would think that having the ability to replenish rosters and build teams year after year would be a hallmark of Bills administrations. But clearly, for some, it is NEVER good enough, because we ALWAYS could have gotten THIS guy instead of that one.
"After my family, there's nothing more important to me," declared Kraft, "than the New England Patriots and winning football games. I'm a Patriot fan big-time first, and it bothers me that we haven't been able to win a playoff game in the last three years. We had a period of two decades that were unbelievable. We have to find a way to sustain it, keep it going."

I agree with Kraft. That doesn't make me angry.

Ok. So what does make you angry all the time?
Angry? Nah, more like amused by the blinders people have on, because of the last 20 years. Like Bill says, we're onto 2022.

Nothing that happened during the dynasty matters anymore. That's what Kraft is saying. The recent poor drafts left the team devoid of talent. The recent FAcy acquisitions didn't do much. Team hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years. All those are recent facts of the post-dynasty world. Like Kraft says, we have to find a way to keep it going. So far, this offseason, I'm not impressed. Does that make me angry? No. Maybe a little sad. I'm with Kraft, I want to see them win football games, preferably against good teams.

Agree but every team’s OL can suck with a couple of key injuries. Trent Brown’s injury last year probably cost us 2 wins. We could use another vet IOL for depth.

Pittsburg Steelers have only ONE losing season over the last 22 years.
Sorry about the semantic error. I probably should have said WINNING seasons since the Steelers have had FOUR 8-8 seasons over since 2001, so while the Steelers DID only have one "losing seasons", you could also say they had FIVE season where they DIDN'T have a winning record.

Of COURSE, what the Steelers have accomplished over the last 22 REGULAR seasons has been noteworthy. 2nd best, but not a close 2nd. The Pats have had a remarkable .720 winning percentage, while Pittsburg's was a good but not close ..644. Over that span the Pats 23 more game, and don't get me started on the comparison in the post season.

BTW the fact that the owner isn't complaining doesn't mean he isn't pleased with the stealers lack of a playoff win in the last $ years.

"
I agree with Kraft. That doesn't make me angry.
I'm really happy that you are not angry.

Sorry about the semantic error. I probably should have said WINNING seasons since the Steelers have had FOUR 8-8 seasons over since 2001, so while the Steelers DID only have one "losing seasons", you could also say they had FIVE season where they DIDN'T have a winning record.

Of COURSE, what the Steelers have accomplished over the last 22 REGULAR seasons has been noteworthy. 2nd best, but not a close 2nd. The Pats have had a remarkable .720 winning percentage, while Pittsburg's was a good but not close ..644. Over that span the Pats 23 more game, and don't get me started on the comparison in the post season.

BTW the fact that the owner isn't complaining doesn't mean he isn't pleased with the stealers lack of a playoff win in the last $ years.

I'm really happy that you are not angry.
The Steelers have not won a playoff game in 5 years.
In the last ELEVEN years, they have missed the playoffs 4 times, and are 3-7 in the postseason making it as far as the afccg once. (And getting blown out by that slug belichick)
In contrast during those 11 years the patriots won 16 playoff games, missed the playoffs just once, went to 8 AFCCG, 5 SB and won 3 championships.

Yes in the last 11 years the patriots went to more SBs and won as many SBs as the Steelers won playoff games.

Angry? Nah, more like amused by the blinders people have on, because of the last 20 years. Like Bill says, we're onto 2022.

Nothing that happened during the dynasty matters anymore. That's what Kraft is saying. The recent poor drafts left the team devoid of talent. The recent FAcy acquisitions didn't do much. Team hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years. All those are recent facts of the post-dynasty world. Like Kraft says, we have to find a way to keep it going. So far, this offseason, I'm not impressed. Does that make me angry? No. Maybe a little sad. I'm with Kraft, I want to see them win football games, preferably against good teams.

You can ignore the past or be onto 2022 or not. You are cherry picking. You want to ignore the last 20 years but remember the last 3 years, all while saying "we're onto 2022". Which one is it? That is my issue with your post. I agree, I am with kraft too, but I do not forget the last 20 years or the last 3 years while I am onto 2022. The good, the bad, and the ugly, that is what being a fan is about, accepting it all. A little sad? Why? Only because you are looking back 3 years, or pessimistic about the "onto 2022". Be positive. Look up. I am not sure it will be great in 2022, but new QBs take three years to mature, so in 2023 we will be OK. Watch, be patient, and be happy. :)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back