PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 OL

hornetfb85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
If a mod wants to loop this in somewhere else that is fine but let’s take a more in depth look at the OL.

LT: Wynn
Never a question of ability…just availability. Can he stay healthy?? Hope so because we need it!!!

LG: ????
Draft a Guard with starting potential somewhere in the 3rd/4th round. Sign a vet to a low risk deal Those two and Desjarlais battle for the starting spot.

C: Andrews
Moving on!!!

RG: Onwenu
Moving on!!!

RT: L. Collins
Trade for the beast

Depth: Herron/Ferentz/1 of the G battlers

Injury permitting we could be ok if the plan is something in the ballpark of that…in my opinion of course, which isn’t worth much.

If the rumours are correct and they are targeting Collins does this mean there is no chance of a return for Trent Brown ? If he does come back then it would make the OLine stronger (barring injury !)

If the rumours are correct and they are targeting Collins does this mean there is no chance of a return for Trent Brown ? If he does come back then it would make the OLine stronger (barring injury !)
They never target one guy at the expense of no chance for other players.
They are likely working on both, unless 1) Browns demands are crazy or 2) the cowboys are asking for too much trade comp.
Whichever works out they do.

If a mod wants to loop this in somewhere else that is fine but let’s take a more in depth look at the OL.

LT: Wynn
Never a question of ability…just availability. Can he stay healthy?? Hope so because we need it!!!

LG: ????
Draft a Guard with starting potential somewhere in the 3rd/4th round. Sign a vet to a low risk deal Those two and Desjarlais battle for the starting spot.

C: Andrews
Moving on!!!

RG: Onwenu
Moving on!!!

RT: L. Collins
Trade for the beast

Depth: Herron/Ferentz/1 of the G battlers

Injury permitting we could be ok if the plan is something in the ballpark of that…in my opinion of course, which isn’t worth much.
What if we resign Brown and trade for Collins...I saw a few poster mention this last night....that would be our best O-line in my opinion. That of course is presuming that Wynn can transition to guard, but one thing about Wynn which is really good is his run blocking...kind of like Mason.

T Brown
Wynn
Andrews
Onwenu
Collins

What if we resign Brown and trade for Collins...I saw a few poster mention this last night....that would be our best O-line in my opinion. That of course is presuming that Wynn can transition to guard, but one thing about Wynn which is really good is his run blocking...kind of like Mason.

T Brown
Wynn
Andrews
Onwenu
Collins
i think Wynn is a better G than T. I thought he played some G at Georgia but could be wrong. That lineup you posted looks very solid to me

T Brown
Wynn
Andrews
Onwenu
Collins
Too expensive.

T Brown
Wynn
Andrews
Onwenu
Collins
That would be a great OLine but as Ring 6 suggests probably too expensive ..........but you never know :excited:

Maybe Daryl Williams at RT would come cheaper.
Orrrrrrrrrr, draft Trevor Penning at 21 and trade for/sign collins

Penning
Wynn
Andrews
Onwneu
Collins

Maybe Daryl Williams at RT would come cheaper.
Orrrrrrrrrr, draft Trevor Penning at 21 and trade for/sign collins

Penning
Wynn
Andrews
Onwneu
Collins
I think at pick 21 we have to focus on a cb or moving back a few places to accumulate picks...I like your idea about a potential cheaper RT.

Desjarlais seems to have played mostly at left guard.

Desjarlais seems to have played mostly at left guard.
If I'm reading the free agency tea leaves correctly it would seem that the Patriots think highly of him, or at least I feel better thinking that...

As of right now, this is a bad O-line.

It’s only March, how do you know that?

Lot - wynn
Log - the Canadian
C - Andrews
Rog - Sherman
Rot - onwenu

Upgrades at guard are not impossible to find!

If we resign brown, onwenu moves to rog!

If we draft sailor of Georgia in the 3rd round of the draft, we get a monster log.

It’s only March, how do you know that?

Lot - wynn
Log - the Canadian
C - Andrews
Rog - Sherman
Rot - onwenu

Upgrades at guard are not impossible to find!

If we resign brown, onwenu moves to rog!

If we draft sailor of Georgia in the 3rd round of the draft, we get a monster log.
That group for the most part was backing up an inconsistent line. They are at best unproven.

As of right now, this is a bad O-line.
ya think

3 starters are gone

However, we'll see where we are on Game 1, after 5 months more of free agency and after the draft.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back