PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Schedule Notes & Record Predictions

If Jones is the better QB in camp, I think not playing him based on principle or plan is just plain stupid
I think when you do this I think you could hurt the development of the rookie qb. While skill wise Mac MAY be better than Cam at that point, experience wise he definitely would not be. I do not think BB would start Mac from beginning. Maybe try to get him some experience in mop up duty and then transition sometime mid season.

We all laugh at Sam "I see ghosts" Darnold. I would hate for Mac to go down the same road.

I think when you do this I think you could hurt the development of the rookie qb. While skill wise Mac MAY be better than Cam at that point, experience wise he definitely would not be. I do not think BB would start Mac from beginning. Maybe try to get him some experience in mop up duty and then transition sometime mid season.

We all laugh at Sam "I see ghosts" Darnold. I would hate for Mac to go down the same road.

Yep...Barring injury, Cam's the starter for at least the first 4 weeks, guaranteed...NFW that Bill's gonna risk starting Mac vs Brady on national TV...He might finish the game, but I'll be shocked if he starts it ahead of a healthy Cam...

In my opinion, you gain real experience only when you play. Practice can’t get you there by itself.

Expecting somewhere between 10 and 14 wins and a playoff spot.

Too bad the Bucs game is so early. If it was a Nov/Dec game with defense/offense running at max I'd think we win somewhat comfortably. An early game favours them a lot as there is no way the offense and parts of the defense will be at 100% yet.

Too bad the Bucs game is so early. If it was a Nov/Dec game with defense/offense running at max I'd think we win somewhat comfortably. An early game favours them a lot as there is no way the offense and parts of the defense will be at 100% yet.

And who exactly will be the QB when the offense is running at max in November/December?

In my opinion, you gain real experience only when you play. Practice can’t get you there by itself.
Absolutely agree. However, there is benefit in starting small/slow in comparison to jumping into the deepend without a life preserver. Also, practice can help you gain some experience and confidence. As a rookie, I would imagine regardless of what they says, it does not take a lot for doubt to set in.

I have 10-7. Man I hate writing a 17 game record. Anyway. This is going to depend on a lot of things though. How quickly the new players catch on, injuries, what Cam does if he plays the whole season, etc.

I have 10-7. Man I hate writing a 17 game record. Anyway. This is going to depend on a lot of things though. How quickly the new players catch on, injuries, what Cam does if he plays the whole season, etc.
17 games records a just plain ugly to write.

17 games records a just plain ugly to write.
Exactly. Should have just skipped the awkwardness of 17 games and just moved straight into 18 which we all know is coming with only 2 preseason games.
Leave it to the NFL to F with something that was perfectly fine (16 teams/6 playoff teams)

Expecting somewhere between 10 and 14 wins and a playoff spot.

Why would Nov/Dec matter? Tampa is better than the pats are, win comfortable? With Cam? They are not playing the Jets. lol. I cannot see them winning 14 with Cam. He would have to become an entirely different player.

Absolutely agree. However, there is benefit in starting small/slow in comparison to jumping into the deep end without a life preserver. Also, practice can help you gain some experience and confidence. As a rookie, I would imagine regardless of what they says, it does not take a lot for doubt to set in.

Troy Aikman once said that playing immediately as a rookie helped him become a better QB sooner, but also shortened his career...It would help Mac in the long run if Cam can perform at least decently for as long as possible, but I also think that Bill will be much quicker with the hook if it becomes apparent that Cam is unsalvageable...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back