PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Schedule Notes & Record Predictions

With the 17 game schedule how is it determined who gets the extra home games? Pats have 9 home games vs 8 road games. Seems kinda unfair to have some teams have an extra home game vs an extra road game.
There should be a week or two in the middle of the season where every team plays am out of conference game at a neutral site. Model it after MLB interleague games and throw some history in where you can. Have a little fun with irony or history matchups at neutral sites like Mexico, Europe or at large university stadiums.

I suggest the Packers vs the Chiefs at the Syracuse Carrier Dome with a Whining Contest between Aaron Rogers, Andy Reid and Jim Boeheim, or the Colts vs Baltimore at the Michigan Big House featuring a race between the GMs running to Roger Goodell accusing the other team of cheating, or the Jets vs the Eagles at Virginia Tech with Joe Namath making out with Suzy Kolber as the half-time show.

Wk 1 vs. Miami Dolphins, W (It is all about the Patriots D for me here. The Fish need to gel a bit on offense with Tua. Cam, the RBs, and the TE's will be enough to win.)
Wk 2 at NYJ, W (Like someone else said, Zach Wilson has never played a D this good before)
Wk 3 vs. NO Saints, W (The Saints D is some good though, but I like Gilly locking down Thomas and us limiting Kamara just enough.)
Wk 4 vs. TB Buccaneers, W (This game is likely to be similar to the 1999 week 9 game against the Ray Lucas Jets, IMO. More on that later.)
Wk 5 at Houston Texans, W (Gonna be a tough one. I think Houston is better as a "whole is the better than the sum of its parts" kind of a way.)
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys, W (Dallas? In Foxboro? LOL...our D will shut that **** down. The Cowboy D will be a lot better though. Low scoring game.)
Wk 7 vs. NYJ, W (Wilson will be much better by then, but the home crowd pulls through for us.)
Wk 8 at LA Chargers, W (I will likely be at this game...and I'll WILL the team to victory!)
Wk 9 at Carolina Panthers, W (Back to back road win for us. And a guaranteed win if Cam plays, IMO.)
Wk 10 vs. Cleveland Browns, L (I think we finally lose a game here...a close hard fought one. The Browns have the D and running game to play with us.)
Wk 11 at Atlanta Falcons, W (An ugly game that we barely pull out...)
Wk 12 vs. Tennessee Titans, W (The mini-BYE helps us a bit...and we give whatever we have left and barely pull out a W)
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills, L (First ugly loss of the year....we will be completely gassed and just fly home immediately afterwards.)
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 15 at Indianapolis Colts, W (We come out hard after the BYE and blow out the Colts in Indy.)
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills, W (We destroy the Bills in Foxboro...snapping a rare 3 game losing streak and reclaim the AFC East as our birthright!)
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars, W (We toy with the Jags before pulling out a late W)
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins, L (We rest starters in the 2nd half and let the fish finish a respectable 9-8 to keep someone like the Colts out of the playoffs, LOL).

14-3, Division Champs, and a 1st round BYE. Book it.
Nice Captain Stone imitation.

How long before it goes to 18 games? 1 or 2 seasons? 17 is odd, very odd. The numbers people will be looking to even out the schedule.

They should be looking at the 17th game being neutral site only. It makes it fair and you have multiple games in Europe, Latin America, Asia even.

Dolphins - W 21-17 they split Miami last year, I expect them to do it again.
@ Jets - W 24-10 This will be the best defense Wilson has ever faced by far in his life. I doubt he'll be ready.
Saints - W 24-10 - The roll keeps going early. Saints will be in a bad way this year.
Bucs - L 30-17 - Bucs are just too good. Simple as that.
@ Texans - W 30-20 - Texans suck. Will they even have their star QB by this point?
Cowboys - L 24-23 - Dallas is a hot and cold kind of team with a lot of talent. I don't see us going 5-1 so i predict a loss here.
Jets - W 27-20 - a closer contest than the first time.
@ Chargers - L 27-24 - Chargers finally stay healthy and out talent the Patriots
@ Panthers - W 24-9 - One of the few teams with a QB room more shaky than ours... but the lack hope with Darnold IMO
Browns - L 30-20 - Browns keep rolling.
@ Atlanta - L 27-20 - Atlanta is due for a bit of a bounce back year. At their stadium they are hard to beat.
Titans - W 20-17 - Nice win here vs one of the better AFC teams. Having a few extra days off a thursday night game helps.
@ Bills - L 27-20 - Gap is just too big :(
bye
@ Colts - W 30-17 - Colts overachieved last year with Rivers carrying a fairly sorry cast. They are in for a down year.
Bills - L 30-23 - Ditto
Jags - W 33-20 Crap on a rebuilding team. I like it.
@ Dolphins L - See above, we split with them.

So 9-8. I see a very un-patriots like year where they start fast but lose late as the schedule gets harder.

Your list is very generous to opponents in the points you have them scoring. All these teams will struggle to score 20.

How long before it goes to 18 games? 1 or 2 seasons? 17 is odd, very odd. The numbers people will be looking to even out the schedule.

Oh wow...you just did that. And that.

Wk 1 vs. Miami Dolphins, W (It is all about the Patriots D for me here. The Fish need to gel a bit on offense with Tua. Cam, the RBs, and the TE's will be enough to win.)
Wk 2 at NYJ, W (Like someone else said, Zach Wilson has never played a D this good before)
Wk 3 vs. NO Saints, W (The Saints D is some good though, but I like Gilly locking down Thomas and us limiting Kamara just enough.)
Wk 4 vs. TB Buccaneers, W (This game is likely to be similar to the 1999 week 9 game against the Ray Lucas Jets, IMO. More on that later.)
Wk 5 at Houston Texans, W (Gonna be a tough one. I think Houston is better as a "whole is the better than the sum of its parts" kind of a way.)
Wk 6 vs. Dallas Cowboys, W (Dallas? In Foxboro? LOL...our D will shut that **** down. The Cowboy D will be a lot better though. Low scoring game.)
Wk 7 vs. NYJ, W (Wilson will be much better by then, but the home crowd pulls through for us.)
Wk 8 at LA Chargers, W (I will likely be at this game...and I'll WILL the team to victory!)
Wk 9 at Carolina Panthers, W (Back to back road win for us. And a guaranteed win if Cam plays, IMO.)
Wk 10 vs. Cleveland Browns, L (I think we finally lose a game here...a close hard fought one. The Browns have the D and running game to play with us.)
Wk 11 at Atlanta Falcons, W (An ugly game that we barely pull out...)
Wk 12 vs. Tennessee Titans, W (The mini-BYE helps us a bit...and we give whatever we have left and barely pull out a W)
Wk 13 at Buffalo Bills, L (First ugly loss of the year....we will be completely gassed and just fly home immediately afterwards.)
Wk 14 BYE
Wk 15 at Indianapolis Colts, W (We come out hard after the BYE and blow out the Colts in Indy.)
Wk 16 vs. Buffalo Bills, W (We destroy the Bills in Foxboro...snapping a rare 3 game losing streak and reclaim the AFC East as our birthright!)
Wk 17 vs. JAX Jaguars, W (We toy with the Jags before pulling out a late W)
Wk 18 at Miami Dolphins, L (We rest starters in the 2nd half and let the fish finish a respectable 9-8 to keep someone like the Colts out of the playoffs, LOL).

14-3, Division Champs, and a 1st round BYE. Book it.

Fans undersold the Patriots before and oversell them now. Weird.

Last edited:
Just realized the league did NE a favor by scheduling Tampa's game vs LA ( in LA) in week 3. For the Bucs it's a long road trip out west followed by a long road trip to the northeast in week 4. On the other hand, NE is playing home vs New Orleans in week 3....so we should be well-rested for the Bucs. Good stuff.

Here's my optimistic take, counting all the games we're capable of winning as W's:
- 8 of these 14 wins come against teams that had a worse record than us last season
- 5 more are against teams we're about equal to (NO, CLE, TEN, IND, MIA)
- there's only 1 real upset (BUF at home)

W vs MIA
W @ NYJ
W vs NO
L vs TB
W @ HOU
W vs DAL
W vs NYJ
W @ LAC
W @ CAR
W vs CLE
W @ ATL
W vs TEN
L @ BUF
14: BYE
W @ IND
W vs BUF
W vs JAX
L @ MIA

Last edited:
They should be looking at the 17th game being neutral site only. It makes it fair and you have multiple games in Europe, Latin America, Asia even.
They should play in cities that had football teams years ago; chargers, raiders, cardinals/rams, jets....

Your list is very generous to opponents in the points you have them scoring. All these teams will struggle to score 20.
They play a lot of good offenses this year. Maybe I was a tad generous in some cases, but good offenses tend to score these days, even against good defenses.

They play a lot of good offenses this year. Maybe I was a tad generous in some cases, but good offenses tend to score these days, even against good defenses.
Some will have good game plans and score some points.

I'll go 11-6 I think they will be better than last year and have a more favorable schedule.

9-8 right now but id at least want to see some practices and pre season before i change that.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back