2021 NFL Mock Drafts/Simulations

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 NFL Picks Grand Champ
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wanted to make a thread for people to throw out their mock draft and simulation results for discussion without spamming up the other threads too much. Didn't really see a thread this would fit, but if Mods disagree and want to merge it by all means

One of my favorite things to do each year is fantasy football mock drafts, but a few years ago I started to do mocks/simulations for the NFL draft as a way to learn about upcoming college players, and its really helped me build a better understanding for a lot of the upcoming prospects, which really makes the Patriots draft all that much more exciting for me when I can follow along and play armchair GM, seeing whos available and who they pick next

I'm a novice draft analyst, but I've just found these exercises to be both fun and informative. I also understand that these are simulations based on computer AI, and player draft rankings from different sources, all of which are subjective. I do dozens (possibly hundreds) of mock draft simulations using different settings, player rankings, perceived needs rankings, etc so that I can create a variety of different results/scenarios... "Situational Drafting" clever, aye???

One thing you can definitely notice when doing these is the massive gap between our 2nd round pick and our 3rd round compensatory pick. You have to sit there and watch really good players go off the board for quite awhile before you get to pick again, so I would think BB might want to trade up into the 3rd round to address that gap.. so much value in that 3rd and 4th round, i'll be pretty ticked off if he just sits there and gets some bum in the 6th or 7th round that wont make the roster, rather than using those later picks to move up into the juicy rounds 1-4

These are 3 of the primary sites I use for the mock draft simulations:
2021 NFL Mock Draft | Fanspeak On The Clock Simulator (probly my favorite one, since you can load different player rankings, but need premium subscription for trading)
2. Our Mock NFL Draft Results | The Draft Network (this one has great writeups on the players which helps get background on them, and is fairly easy to do trades)
3. 2021 NFL Mock Draft Simulator | PFF (can do trades with this one, but they don't give you summary of players you drafted. Drafting experience isnt as good, they dont provide as much info at your fingertips, but good for trade simulations)

One of my latest mocks that I wouldn't be upset if the Pats hit on a bunch of these;

Site: FanSpeak
Player Ranking Source: NFL Draft Diamonds
1616507384059.png

I really don't know how accurate some of these simulations are, everyone has players rated differently, so that's why i use a variety of different player rankings just to see all of the different scenarios that could play out at Pick #15 if we stay put. I don't do a lot of trading, just because those are so hard to predict and also because I really don't know if they trades are following the point value system for draft picks, etc (example: i was able to trade up to i think pick #7 by trading 2021 1st rounder, 2021 2nd rounder and 2022 2nd rounder... which seems fairly cheap for a move into the top 10) but its still fun to toss in some trades once in awhile on the 2 other sites (i find Fanspeak to be the best draft simulation experience, but i dont do trading on it since im not premium subscriber)

Anyways, I've been finding these mock draft simulators to be quite fun and wanted to share with everyone in case someone else may find enjoyment in it as well. It really does make a difference in understanding the types of players that will be available in those early rounds and what types of players they are (height, weight, style, strengths, etc) and i think the DraftNetwork site also notes what type of pro style offense/defense they project them to be in at NFL level

We have a mock draft thread in the draft forum that's alive and kicking, but I appreciate the thought you put into this one. You can also use the simulator here, which is the quickest and easiest for setup and trades: PFN's free NFL Mock Draft Simulator with trades

Nice mock, though. Lots of high-upside players, although none of them seem quite like sure things other than McNeill.

This gave me a good laugh, I think this game is a little bit too easy to manipulate with trades haha :rofl:

YOUR TEAM: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Your score is: 50056 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (S.F.): Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A)
Round 2 Pick 16 (L.V.): Trevon Moehrig, FS/SS, TCU (A)
Round 3 Pick 18 (WASH): Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16 (L.V.): D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (WASH): TeDarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 32 (T.B.): Pete Werner, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18 (L.V.): Landon Young, OT, Kentucky (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21 (IND): Eli Howard, DE/OLB, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (T.B.): Joshua Kaindoh, DE/OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (HOU): LaBryan Ray, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Drew Dalman, C/OG, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 13: Tony Poljan, TE, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Lamont Wade, FS/SS, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17 (WASH): Garret Wallow, ILB/OLB, TCU (A+)

We have a mock draft thread in the draft forum that's alive and kicking, but I appreciate the thought you put into this one. You can also use the simulator here, which is the quickest and easiest for setup and trades: PFN's free NFL Mock Draft Simulator with trades

Nice mock, though. Lots of high-upside players, although none of them seem quite like sure things other than McNeill.

Thanks for this, sorry I should have done a better job searching (also why I rarely create threads :D)

Mods please merge this into the existing mock draft thread when you get a chance

This gave me a good laugh, I think this game is a little bit too easy to manipulate with trades haha :rofl:

Your score is: 50056 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12 (S.F.): Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A)
Round 2 Pick 16 (L.V.): Trevon Moehrig, FS/SS, TCU (A)
Round 3 Pick 18 (WASH): Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16 (L.V.): D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (WASH): TeDarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 32 (T.B.): Pete Werner, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18 (L.V.): Landon Young, OT, Kentucky (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21 (IND): Eli Howard, DE/OLB, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (T.B.): Joshua Kaindoh, DE/OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (HOU): LaBryan Ray, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Drew Dalman, C/OG, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 13: Tony Poljan, TE, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Lamont Wade, FS/SS, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17 (WASH): Garret Wallow, ILB/OLB, TCU (A+)

Slaton in the fourth round rated as an A+ Lol thanks for the laugh;) other than that good job with Lance, Moehrig Onwuzurike Eskridge Wallow, Dalman and Werner. Ray is going back to Bama isn't he

Oh, I tried again, and they rated this one an A instead of an A-

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 12.48.13 PM.png

Slaton in the fourth round rated as an A+ Lol thanks for the laugh;) other than that good job with Lance, Moehrig Onwuzurike Eskridge Wallow, Dalman and Werner. Ray is going back to Bama isn't he
And to be clear, that's the system grading me, I didn't give myself an A+. I sort of figured out how it scores picks and after trading up for QB just kept trading down when I got a good offer lol

How about this one? No trades made:

View attachment 31525
It would be shocking if a single one of those was there within 10 picks of those spots. Sewell is the best talent in the draft. The first team that doesn’t need a QB is likely snagging him. Waddle and Jones aren’t making it past the first round.

Sorry but this is not only not realistic, it’s fantasy.

OK my last post about first-pick.com, the trade system can be abused hilariously if you just keep accepting favorable trade offers.

And you take a player that is a) on the "best value available" list and b) is listed as a position of need I think it just gives you an A or A+ automatically. I literally don't know the rankings it's using and just followed that rule of thumb and it thinks I'm a draft god. :haha:

GAME OVER!

Your score is: 48362 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 11 (NYG): Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A)
Round 1 Pick 17 (L.V.): Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (LAR): Hamsah Nasirildeen, FS/SS, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (G.B.): Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 32 (COMP): Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 39 (LAR): Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21 (TENN): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37 (G.B.): Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25 (CLE): Robert Jones, OG, Middle Tennessee State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (G.B.): LaBryan Ray, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 15 (MINN): Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR/TE, Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 18 (HOU): K.J. Britt, ILB/OLB, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26 (CLE): Trevon Grimes, WR, Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28 (BUF): JR Pace, FS/SS, Northwestern (A+)
Round 6 Pick 35 (G.B.): Doug Kramer, C/OG, Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 36 (CHI): John Bates, TE, Boise State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3 (HOU): Tommy Kraemer, OG/OT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Malik Herring, DT/DE, Georgia (A+)

And to be clear, that's the system grading me, I didn't give myself an A+. I sort of figured out how it scores picks and after trading up for QB just kept trading down when I got a good offer lol
I know I did not mean to implie that...yeah liked the QB pick..biggest need and value

just got this one with Kingdom Connektn player rankings hehe

1616545743056.png

Don't know how he has Nixon rated so low, and Khalil Herbert he had rated like 255 or so.. ive just been focusing on first 5 rounds, but could have grabbed him in round 7, which isn't realistic.. some of the player rankings tho with low randomness produce some good results that are possible

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back