PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy G and Newton doesn't make much sense to me. We know neither of them can be a franchise qb of the Future. Need to draft one imo. I'm obv ok with Jimmy g and rookie but do not want to trade for him. Does someone know his cap Hit if we trade for him ?

Or bridge to a draft pick just read the Patriots are not giving up on the Jimmy G pursuit.
Keep in mind niners have 3 not horrible QBs other than Jimmy G
No. They have josh Johnson who absolutely is horrible and josh Rosen who has been nothing but horrible on the field.

Jimmy G and Newton doesn't make much sense to me. We know neither of them can be a franchise qb of the Future. Need to draft one imo. I'm obv ok with Jimmy g and rookie but do not want to trade for him. Does someone know his cap Hit if we trade for him ?

Jimmy G helped the '9ers get to the Super Bowl recently...I think he is a productive starter...when healthy. I agree...need a rookie too. Preferably 1st or 2nd round.

Last edited:
Jimmy G helped the '9ers to the Super Bowl recently...I think he is a productive starter...when healthy. I agree...need a rookie too. Preferably 1st or 2nd round.
Yeah the reason i think he can't be it is his injury history and that he might not be as clutch as I would prefer it. It might be a bit wishful thinking but a rookie qb would make me confident. (They can end up as avg as well I know )

Agree, but BB loves the guy, so I expect him to give King a legit shot in training camp. He also would get his haircuts free, an Bill loves a bargain.
Yep. I'm assuming he is healthy now and will get a fair shake at a roster spot. Had the torn quad for 2019 and never made it off the PUP in 2020.

Or bridge to a draft pick just read the Patriots are not giving up on the Jimmy G pursuit.
Where did you read this?

Pretty sure the Jimmy G race is all but over. The 49ers would be tanking if they traded him at this point. All signs appear to be drafting a QB and having him watch Cam try to QB this year.

Jacksonville signed Beathard seemingly to replace Minshew behind Lawrence. They could conceivably trade Minshew now though I would still expect them to wait til the draft. SF seems to be interested in Minshew - he COULD just be a quality backup for oft-injured Garoppolo, but he could also be a replacement. Adding him and moving Garoppolo would free up over $20M in cap space.

Where did you read this?

Probably in another thread here. :)

At this point, it would take some serious work and possibly some painful decisions on veterans, in order to fit Jimmy G under the cap. I don’t see it happening.

1616611421645.gif

1616611451667.gif

Probably in another thread here. :)

At this point, it would take some serious work and possibly some painful decisions on veterans, in order to fit Jimmy G under the cap. I don’t see it happening.

View attachment 31582

View attachment 31583
IMO, if they did trade for Garoppolo it would also require a contract restructure at the same time.

Good deals. Isn't Davis technically a "WR" like Slater? I am thinking Brandon King may not make the roster.
No. Davis is a Safety. He saw SUB playing time with the Raiders putting up over 270 snaps each of his two years with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes