PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

I counted TWO DOZEN names that might/should not be in uniform on opening day...

There is Always room for talented rookies here...Claiming that we wouldn't have room for even 10 of them is really, Really over-estimating the talent level of our roster.
Considering that the roster is only 53 and the Patriots have 80 players signed, ANYONE should be able to say that there are 2 dozen names that won't be in uniform on Opening day.. This team is not like 2007 where they pretty much had the roster SET prior to the draft. But, it's pretty damn close. Claiming that there is space for 10 rookies is asinine because there isn't. QB, OT, IOL, LB, CB. MAYBE RB. Maybe WR. MAYBE DL. But that's 8..

As for your Brandon King comment. He's on the outside looking in because he's spent the last 2 years injured. Not because he "sucks". He's a damn good Special teams player regardless of your ridiculous takes.

Echoing what some others are saying... I've got at least 45 players who appear to be locks or near-locks to me, and then another 5-10 who are I'd lean towards making the team too. Obviously not enough room for that many guys, then add in 11+ draft picks... My gut tells me BB is going to spend a lot of those picks on a trade up.

I will be plain. If Gilmore plays for $7M this year, he will be playing for someone else next year.
============
Gilmore signed a 5 year contract at $13M AAV. Your $20M calc is just silly. Gilmore played much better than his contract money. Last year he was given a $5M raise for 2020, even though he was under contract. It remains to be seen what is done in 2021,
Sure if they want to keep him next year they will extend him now, but if they don’t or aren’t sure yet, he isn’t going to sit out, that doesn’t help him at all.

Yep. That is the system they have in place. Like most orgs.
Id rather guess they will evaluate this like any other of thousands of things they do every year (either positive or negative outcome).
Dont see why missing on a kicker would bring about some dramatic “re-evaluation“ process.

Because they missed on him in the FIFTH ****ING ROUND? When Beyond Obviously superior prospects were still available at other positions, including WR which was Inexplicably ignored throughout the Entire draft; and Beyond Obviously superior prospects AT HIS OWN DAMN POSITION weren't even being drafted at all?!?

The levels some people sometimes go to defend Little Billy...

Last edited:
If Corey Davis was ok signing with the Jete while Damn Darnit is their QB for now, then he would've had no problem signing here for the same money as well...If Billy really wanted him, than is...like he Should Have.
Darnold sucks but he’s a hell of a lot better than newton.

Echoing what some others are saying... I've got at least 45 players who appear to be locks or near-locks to me, and then another 5-10 who are I'd lean towards making the team too. Obviously not enough room for that many guys, then add in 11+ draft picks... My gut tells me BB is going to spend a lot of those picks on a trade up.
if the move-up fails trade them for 2022 picks

Because they missed on him in the FIFTH ****ING ROUND? When Beyond Obviously superior prospects were still available at other positions; and Beyond Obviously superior prospects AT HIS OWN DAMN POSITION WEREN'T EVEN BEING ****ING DRAFTED AT ALL?!?

The levels some people sometimes go to defend Little Billy...
So it was the 5th round. And it's only YOUR IGNORANT F'IN OPINION (which everyone knows is BS) that there were "superior prospects at his own damn position.

This isn't the thread for you to be *****ing and moaning about it.

No worries, haha. I figured that it was just a typo. It is very annoying hearing Lombardi screw it up over and over. It’s like people who say Nucular instead of Nuclear (George W for one).

Jimmy Carter for another...and he worked on a nuclear submarine in the Navy...

Yep. That is the system they have in place. Like most orgs.
Id rather guess they will evaluate this like any other of thousands of things they do every year (either positive or negative outcome).
Dont see why missing on a kicker would bring about some dramatic “re-evaluation“ process.

batman-facepalm.gif

Darnold last year
59.6% (on 364 att)
2200 yards
9 TD
11 INT

Newton last year
65.8% (on 368 att)
2650 yards
8 TD
10 INT

well-thats-debatable.jpg

looks at rushing stats of both

Nah Newton is probably better
Oh Darnold definitely sucks but if you get out of a stat sheet and watch them play it’s obvious newton sucks even worse.

Ask Tebow how that worked out for him being an all-rushing QB that can't throw.
Tebow was great for 1 year. He beat the Steelers in the playoffs and won me $200 in the only time I did a cash fantasy league.

It was a 2qb option league and Tebow was my only QB. Fond memories.

Tebow was great for 1 year. He beat the Steelers in the playoffs and won me $200 in the only time I did a cash fantasy league.

It was a 2qb option league and Tebow was my only QB. Fond memories.
I wouldn’t say he was great the whole year - but that one pass was awesome! especially because of who it was against. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back