PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy G and Newton doesn't make much sense to me. We know neither of them can be a franchise qb of the Future. Need to draft one imo. I'm obv ok with Jimmy g and rookie but do not want to trade for him. Does someone know his cap Hit if we trade for him ?

Or bridge to a draft pick just read the Patriots are not giving up on the Jimmy G pursuit.
Keep in mind niners have 3 not horrible QBs other than Jimmy G
No. They have josh Johnson who absolutely is horrible and josh Rosen who has been nothing but horrible on the field.

Jimmy G and Newton doesn't make much sense to me. We know neither of them can be a franchise qb of the Future. Need to draft one imo. I'm obv ok with Jimmy g and rookie but do not want to trade for him. Does someone know his cap Hit if we trade for him ?

Jimmy G helped the '9ers get to the Super Bowl recently...I think he is a productive starter...when healthy. I agree...need a rookie too. Preferably 1st or 2nd round.

Last edited:
Jimmy G helped the '9ers to the Super Bowl recently...I think he is a productive starter...when healthy. I agree...need a rookie too. Preferably 1st or 2nd round.
Yeah the reason i think he can't be it is his injury history and that he might not be as clutch as I would prefer it. It might be a bit wishful thinking but a rookie qb would make me confident. (They can end up as avg as well I know )

Agree, but BB loves the guy, so I expect him to give King a legit shot in training camp. He also would get his haircuts free, an Bill loves a bargain.
Yep. I'm assuming he is healthy now and will get a fair shake at a roster spot. Had the torn quad for 2019 and never made it off the PUP in 2020.

Or bridge to a draft pick just read the Patriots are not giving up on the Jimmy G pursuit.
Where did you read this?

Pretty sure the Jimmy G race is all but over. The 49ers would be tanking if they traded him at this point. All signs appear to be drafting a QB and having him watch Cam try to QB this year.

Jacksonville signed Beathard seemingly to replace Minshew behind Lawrence. They could conceivably trade Minshew now though I would still expect them to wait til the draft. SF seems to be interested in Minshew - he COULD just be a quality backup for oft-injured Garoppolo, but he could also be a replacement. Adding him and moving Garoppolo would free up over $20M in cap space.

Where did you read this?

Probably in another thread here. :)

At this point, it would take some serious work and possibly some painful decisions on veterans, in order to fit Jimmy G under the cap. I don’t see it happening.

1616611421645.gif

1616611451667.gif

Probably in another thread here. :)

At this point, it would take some serious work and possibly some painful decisions on veterans, in order to fit Jimmy G under the cap. I don’t see it happening.

View attachment 31582

View attachment 31583
IMO, if they did trade for Garoppolo it would also require a contract restructure at the same time.

Good deals. Isn't Davis technically a "WR" like Slater? I am thinking Brandon King may not make the roster.
No. Davis is a Safety. He saw SUB playing time with the Raiders putting up over 270 snaps each of his two years with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back