PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Same here. I forget...I hope he is more speed then quick. If everyone stays healthy then we are fine....but that won't happen. If Agholor goes down...or if he just doesn't click with the offense...we are really in a bad way. We need another burner that can backup Agholor...even if it's just to pull CB1 down field to help open up the middle. I think Zuber might be a Dorsett clone...which is fine and he can eventually fill that roll...but he's not much of a threat at this moment.

I'm just saying...if Agholor gets injured and Bourne doesn't click with the QB's....just write the season off. I think it's important to have a plan B at WR1.

Remind me again who the BURNERS were again in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, and 2018..

Remind me again who the BURNERS were again in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, and 2018..

I agree, but we have Hall and Nixon, both relatively inexperienced and both with legitimate 4.3 speed. Agholor is fast too. Harry is not slow especially for his size.

I am not sure how Zuber being a burner was established. Googling Zuber I can not find any data. Zuber looks above average for a WR to me, but not a burner like Dorsett. Maybe I missed something.

I think we have enough speed, but relatively little experience in the system or with our carousel of QBs. Previously we did not necessarily have burners, but we had experience in the playbook and with the QB. Not sure how it will come together this year, but I agree that speed is probably not our issue. Knowing the play book and adjustments will be more of a challenge.

Gotta know your team bro! Slater was/is our burner.
Remember the old days, Josh sending Matt deep beyond the coverage, Brady throws long and Slater swats at the ball as if he was attacked by a nest of hornets. Good times. Good times!

Not sure how it will come together this year, but I agree that speed is probably not our issue. Knowing the play book and adjustments will be more of a challenge.

Yep; that and the talent thingy.

Gotta know your team bro! Slater was/is our burner.
Remember the old days, Josh sending Matt deep beyond the coverage, Brady throws long and Slater swats at the ball as if he was attacked by a nest of hornets. Good times. Good times!
LOL!

Patten was pretty darn fast. Supposedly he's run a 4.27 40 (Bendetson: Saints alive, Patten marches on), but that for sure has to be hand timed. At one point he had the Pats WR 20yd sprint record (from ctpatsfann77's post of a DougKyed tweet of BumTheorist - note that Antwan Harris was faster).

Loved his game against Indy where he had a TD throw, catch, and run.

1623159881567.png

Edit: The catch from the Triple Play game:

Last edited:
Jamie Newman been cut already by Philly, who only have Flacco and Hurts.

He really ****ed himself by opting out.

This would be an upgrade from J McC.
That isn't the issue. The roster question is whether he is an upgrade over Williams or over Michael Jackson.

That isn't the issue. The roster question is whether he is an upgrade over Williams or over Michael Jackson.

BB brought Dre in, has stayed in touch, and is still pursuing, so at the right price I think BB wants him. Williams is a larger guy so I am not sure a direct comparison to Williams is totally accurate.

I am a huge Gilmore fan so hopefully we sign Dre and Gilmore for a few years together.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back