PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Based on how much Bryant played last year, I think the coaching staff is high on the kid!

A year two leap and he should make this team!
OK, add Bryant and we are where cap is. We need an upgrade for Williams, and we need camp competition.

Based on how much Bryant played last year, I think the coaching staff is high on the kid!

A year two leap and he should make this team!
I agree that Bryant is the most likely to make the team, but NOT based on how much he played last year on defense. Let us look at three players.

...................Def Reps ST Reps
Brooks 25% 35%
Williams 17% 44%
Bryant 15% 10%

I agree. I never said that it does.

You said "any other Patriots major transactions". Most people think signing our high draft picks are major transactions, so I was clarifying in case someone was confused or concerned.

You said "any other Patriots major transactions". Most people think signing our high draft picks are major transactions, so I was clarifying in case someone was confused or concerned.
fair enough

I agree that Bryant is the most likely to make the team, but NOT based on how much he played last year on defense. Let us look at three players.

...................Def Reps ST Reps
Brooks 25% 35%
Williams 17% 44%
Bryant 15% 10%

i see an undrafted rookie free agent, played almost as much as a veteran second round draft pick!

looks to me like the veteran second round draft pick might end up being primarily a special teams guy!

Full back feels like a tough position on your body to me. Lots of reps just running full speed into a 250 pound linebacker. It's not surprising to me that if you give a guy like that a year off to see how much different his body feels without those hits, that it would be hard to mentally get yourself back into the football mindset. He didn't play a down for us, but I wish him luck in his post NFL endeavors.

Looks like we inked a deal for a speedy WR. Marvin Hall or something. I won’t pretend to know anything about him but we need competition at the position to see who can play and who is on the scout team.

Reiss lists Micheal Jackson Sr. as on of his 4 “under the radar” players. Also listed is Isaiah Zuber whose horse I’ve been riding since he was signed as an UDFA. He and Algolor may not have any 4.3s on their resumes but both will be able to take the top off opposing defenses consistently. Rashod Berry would be an interesting addition to the ST core because, unlike other Patriot STmers, he also could be a valuable depth piece at both DE and TE/FB.

I like how this team is coming together. If Gilmore recovers fully(and reaches a financial understanding with the FO) and they get QB play that doesn’t lose games, this is going to be a competitive team that can play with the good teams in the AFC.

Reiss lists Micheal Jackson Sr. as on of his 4 “under the radar” players. Also listed is Isaiah Zuber whose horse I’ve been riding since he was signed as an UDFA. He and Algolor may not have any 4.3s on their resumes but both will be able to take the top off opposing defenses consistently. Rashod Berry would be an interesting addition to the ST core because, unlike other Patriot STmers, he also could be a valuable depth piece at both DE and TE/FB.

I like how this team is coming together. If Gilmore recovers fully(and reaches a financial understanding with the FO) and they get QB play that doesn’t lose games, this is going to be a competitive team that can play with the good teams in the AFC.
Would like to see Stidham prove me right since he was my second favorite QB that draft after Lock, would be a very interesting situation if Stidham becomes the starter and plays like Palmer said he could.
Honestly if Jones is a career backup it wouldn’t be our worst first round pick.
Now I’m not writing Mac off at all not even close just saying I want a quality QB don’t care how that comes about.

I agree completely but I am not sure we are correct statistically. Kind of like the posters that wants 3 fatties in the middle of the D line but forget we play the nickel the most because it is a passing league. With 22 players on the field there are a lot of combinations and a lot of field space in the short and intermediate areas where passes have a much higher completion percentage.

I'll settle for just one right now.

To be clear, I'm fine with adding a CB as an upgrade to our top 7 defensive backs.

As of now, I have us a PICK TWO from Williams., Michael Jackson, Virgin, Bledsoe and Bryant and Ross.

I'm OK with one or two of these on the 53. I'd also be fine with none of them on the 53.

The bottom line is that we have 7 defensive backs, and no real backups in case of injury. In addition, 4 are free agents next year: Gilmore, Jackson, McCourty, and Phillips (leaving only Dugger, Jones and Mills).

And out of that group, I think I’d take Bryant honestly.

Yeah I think that Bryant could have a role here as Jonathan Jones' backup Slot CB.

Surely you can't be serious.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back