PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

At his Pro Day Hall ran a 4.28 second 40 which was "hand timed" ( dont miss this detail ;) ), so is generally accepted to be a 4.38 computer time (all of the Combine Times are computer timed). Fast guy. Speed guy like Tre Nixon. Probably not the guys that the Captain would have picked, hahahahhahahaha, but two speed outside guys.

Thank you... that seems like a really weird distinction to make for him then.
Like calling Tim Tebow a "former Patriot" for his training camp cup of coffee

He was on the Bears' roster during the 2019 offseason but never played a game for them.
He was with the Bears from August 31st 2019-September 1st,2019. One Day. Then he signed to Detroit's PS on September 4th, 2019.

Hall seems like a reasonable attempt at replacing Byrd, considering we already found a few better players to put ahead of the Byrd role.

At his Pro Day Hall ran a 4.28 second 40 which was "hand timed" ( dont miss this detail ;) ), so is generally accepted to be a 4.38 computer time (all of the Combine Times are computer timed). Fast guy. Speed guy like Tre Nixon. Probably not the guys that the Captain would have picked, hahahahhahahaha, but two speed outside guys.

Hall, a 5-foot-10, 196-pound speed threat any time the balls is in his hands, recorded a 4.26 40-yard time on a laser timer in training last week that impressed the organization enough to bring him in.

dont miss this detail ;)

Hall, a 5-foot-10, 196-pound speed threat any time the balls is in his hands, recorded a 4.26 40-yard time on a laser timer in training last week that impressed the organization enough to bring him in.

dont miss this detail ;)
Who here remembers the timing of Tebucky Jones?

dont miss this detail ;)

Well that is impressive. There are very few 4.26 guys. John Ross ran a 4.22, so Hall is as fast as they go!!! Of course John Ross has never been a All Pro, but there is now a lot of speed across from Agholor if Hall (or Nixon) makes the team.

Yeah, I just would've re-signed Byrd...It's not like we couldn't afford the contract.

Hall seems like a reasonable attempt at replacing Byrd, considering we already found a few better players to put ahead of the Byrd role.

Such as?

I'd take Agholor over Byrd any day, and Bourne over Byrd most days. Then there's Henry and Smith at TE ideally reducing the number of WR targets overall.

If you're talking about specifically filling the small, fast WR role Byrd occupied, that's Agholor all the way.

I'd take Agholor over Byrd any day, and Bourne over Byrd most days. Then there's Henry and Smith at TE ideally reducing the number of WR targets overall.

If you're talking about specifically filling the small, fast WR role Byrd occupied, that's Agholor all the way.
Agholor is 6'0", which is too tall for the role.

Why couldn't we have had both, with Byrd opposite Agholor? Bourne & Meyers are more slot guys, though they could also see some snaps outside...Otherwise, why pursue Julio Jones if not but to pair him with Agholor?

Stopwatch Bob?

I swear he personally pushed the Tebucky Jones pick in 98 because he was from CT and Krafty was looking to move there.

Yeah I was hoping for an OLman like Flozell the Hotel Adams or Alan Faneca with that pick...Heck, Tebucky wasn't even the best DB available there, or even best Safety, never mind best Player period...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back