PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Pro Days

I watched the run on Twitter. Several people reported 4.55, and that's about the range that I got. I'm totally fine with that for his role.

Weird that the 3-cone is poor, yet the shuttle is so good. Great numbers, especially at his size! Incredible way to get himself back on the radar before the draft.

I've been curious to see if he recovered form after his injuries. GREAT athletic profile.

I've been curious to see if he recovered form after his injuries. GREAT athletic profile.

I would have no problem at all with Justin in the 6th/7th as the back end of a DE double-dip.

I would have no problem at all with Justin in the 6th/7th as the back end of a DE double-dip.

His hype should be up there with the top guys, but he got hurt last year and only played six games this year. He still had 10 TFL and 7.5 sacks. Now that his ankle is recovered, he's a legitimate EDGE talent.

Yeah he didn't make any money running 4.6 at barely 190 lbs. Less-than-ideal hand size & arm length make him worthy of a look with our 6th-rounder at the earliest.

He caught my eye with a solid outing against Notre Dame. Despite the size and speed difference, he played pretty well against Boykin.

FCS PRO DAYS: The 2019 Mythical FCS Combine By Position

EDIT: If those numbers are accurate for Jeanpiere, then he's very intriguing. His highlight reel is sparse, and the level of competition is low, but he's very quick and explosive. He's probably barely draftable with his production, but the agility drills and 40 are extraordinary, even if they're fudged a little for a pro day. Maybe a target at 252? Could be an interesting developmental player with a little Tyreek Hill to his game.

EDIT 2: Converted from WR to DE, with a background in track. Incredible numbers from Bell's pro day. Raw player, new to the position, but clearly a super athlete. He's the kind of guy you take with one of those 4 picks in the 7th and hope that you can play him on special teams while he develops. I don't think he'll stay at EDGE in the pros, but he could potentially be a coverage LB with that speed and a WR background. Fascinating.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Maybe Rapp should have done the same thing.

Looking forward to Stanford’s pro day - If JJ Arcega-Whiteside can run in the 4.5s he will boost his stock massively

They're pretty good. I think he's the best coverage LB in the draft.

I don't know if you saw some of the gifs I posted yesterday, so I'll link you to what I put in Bacon's thread. He even covered Hakeem Butler 1 on 1 several times and did a solid job, although I didn't make any clips of that. I posted this before we had his short shuttle and 3-cone time, but they were stellar.

Gif of coverage: B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

View attachment 22990

I'm sold. Love to see him taken with that early 3rd round pick.. Think he'd be a Chung replacement and eventually a full time LBer for the team..

I'm devastated. He looks so quick on tape. I thought he'd run high 4.5s, and I was totally fine with that time. I guess 4.74 is fine for a linebacker, but not a safety. Probably big nickel only. :(

It's hard to trust 40 time. As we all know football isn't about running a full sprint in a straight line While I wanted a better 40 time his short speed and explosion are all solid. He's going to be more of an in the box safety anyone. His 40 speed matters a lot less in that situation. He didn't look all that fast as far as long speed on his tape anyway, I'm not worried about it. Within the box his quickness will be very helpful. IMO if anything we should be happy about his 40 time. If it scares other teams away and he falls because of it I think it be a great value add.

So what if he can't play single high? We'll find someone who can. Pure straight line speed is in the draft every years. Guys who can do all the other things Rapp can aren't easy to get.

Maybe i'm failing to understand this. But the best things about him are his height, weight and bench? I kind of feel like if those are the green parts then what are we really talking about here? He's a big guy who can bench a lot. Aren't those the least important things?

Maybe I just don't understand how this system works.

Maybe i'm failing to understand this. But the best things about him are his height, weight and bench? I kind of feel like if those are the green parts then what are we really talking about here? He's a big guy who can bench a lot. Aren't those the least important things?

Maybe I just don't understand how this system works.

Click to see agility drills (which were outstanding). The numbers are percentiles, essentially. So he's in the 70s and 80s all over the place and as an aggregate that puts him in the 96th percentile compared to all historical LB testing. Pretty impressive!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back