PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Pro Days

Hadn’t seen this but Dawson Knox ran between 4.51 and 4.61 at his pro day. That’s very good.

Hmmmm started a thread on him that got many views but no replies. :D He can Block and is threat down the seams but very questionable with the short stuff. I guess that flaw can be corrected.

I agree with you about Metcalf's 3-cone time isn't really important for him.

I'm also getting behind your idea of drafting A.J. Brown or N'Keal Harry, and Deebo, in the early rounds as dominant/physical receivers that can play in the slot or outside.

We really don't have a guy with that skillset in our WR corps right now.

View attachment 22988

Preach Brother preach.

I'm telling you, Summers is something special.

He stood on his forty mark from the combine, a clocking of 4.51 seconds which was one of the fastest from the linebacker group, but did time 4.12 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.84 seconds in the three-cone.

Summers looked great in position drills, which should come as no surprise to anyone. On film he oozes athleticism and you regularly see Summers 30 yards downfield making plays in coverage as one sees him at the line of scrimmage tackling running backs.

Pro Day Report – TCU | Draft Analyst

Sign me up a LB with a Edelmanesche three cone. How are his hands?? He could a nightmare to QB's in zone coverage.

They're pretty good. I think he's the best coverage LB in the draft.

I don't know if you saw some of the gifs I posted yesterday, so I'll link you to what I put in Bacon's thread. He even covered Hakeem Butler 1 on 1 several times and did a solid job, although I didn't make any clips of that. I posted this before we had his short shuttle and 3-cone time, but they were stellar.

Gif of coverage: B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

upload_2019-3-29_15-52-10.png

reamer you remember Buffalo's LB Cornelius Bennett?? Summers might be even more athletic.

They're pretty good. I think he's the best coverage LB in the draft.

I don't know if you saw some of the gifs I posted yesterday, so I'll link you to what I put in Bacon's thread. He even covered Hakeem Butler 1 on 1 several times and did a solid job, although I didn't make any clips of that. I posted this before we had his short shuttle and 3-cone time, but they were stellar.

Gif of coverage: B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

View attachment 22990

What’s his downside?

Missed tackles, shorter arms. Can overrun plays and get sloppy sometimes with squaring up and wrapping up. Not necessarily a starter for all teams.

I'm not one who sees linebacker as a particular need this year. Late on day three is fine but there are much bigger needs before then.

I'm not one who sees linebacker as a particular need this year. Late on day three is fine but there are much bigger needs before then.

If we could get another KVN kinda guy i'd be happy. I Can see Bentley becoming the leader of the future D, also having Mayo back will be very good for our Younger LBs - Christian Sam, Bentley, Roberts.

If we could get another KVN kinda guy i'd be happy. I Can see Bentley becoming the leader of the future D, also having Mayo back will be very good for our Younger LBs - Christian Sam, Bentley, Roberts.

I wouldn't rule a LB out if the value was there, I just don't think it's a need that needs to be forced. DE,DT,WR (x2?), TE and possibly OL and S are higher priorities for me.

I wouldn't rule a LB out if the value was there, I just don't think it's a need that needs to be forced. DE,DT,WR (x2?), TE and possibly OL and S are higher priorities for me.

I tend to agree. I think we'll look at guys like the two Akron players, Summers, maybe Dodson or Tranquil, Watson, etc. We'll find out soon enough! I'm starting to get really excited.

I tend to agree. I think we'll look at guys like the two Akron players, Summers, maybe Dodson or Tranquil, Watson, etc. We'll find out soon enough! I'm starting to get really excited.
@manxman2601

Will have to look at summers, I’ve seen a bit of tranquil seems a bit of an interesting guy!

I agree with both of you, I can see a lot of double dips at certain positions.

Safety is a strange one - I’d love the FS Chancy from Florida, reminds me of D-Mac my only hesitation on safety is where they see Dawson’s best position to be Safety in the nickel? Slot corner? If we didn’t have Dawson I’d have safety higher up but having him and Obi make it a bit easier, even if they are unproven. Another guy is Amari Hooker - his ability to recognise plays developing is ++ he’s another guy who could play LB/CB/S

Khaele warring is flying up my TE rankings as is Dawson Knox. I have them in my top 5 rankings alongside the obvious top three.

I’m waiting on the WR until I have the information I need - 20 yard splits/ 3 cones / Shuttle runs.

D-Line - I’d love Simmons here as him and Adam Butler as our pass rushing DTs would be so much fun to watch, but he does have that singular red flag. There are also multiple other guys I’d like as well- Tillery, Hill, Dremont Jones (his run D worries me though for us) Also any of the top 3 Clemson guys id take as well. I have Wilkins as #1 for us as a scheme and culture fit, then followed by Ferrell and then Lawerence. Lawerence failing that drug test has put me a bit down on him, as it’s just doesn’t make sense why he’d do that when you look at him. Fustrates me, so I think interview will be important to see if this is just a young guy making a stupid mistake or if there is a possible issue

I need to look at o-line more as well, but I’m not the best when it comes to tape on them, i
Do tend to look at their physical skill set as with Scar I think he could coach anyone.

Holy crap. I’m off the Penny Hart train

7.64 3cone? Yeesh.

@manxman2601

Will have to look at summers, I’ve seen a bit of tranquil seems a bit of an interesting guy!

I agree with both of you, I can see a lot of double dips at certain positions.

Safety is a strange one - I’d love the FS Chancy from Florida, reminds me of D-Mac my only hesitation on safety is where they see Dawson’s best position to be Safety in the nickel? Slot corner? If we didn’t have Dawson I’d have safety higher up but having him and Obi make it a bit easier, even if they are unproven. Another guy is Amari Hooker - his ability to recognise plays developing is ++ he’s another guy who could play LB/CB/S

Khaele warring is flying up my TE rankings as is Dawson Knox. I have them in my top 5 rankings alongside the obvious top three.

I’m waiting on the WR until I have the information I need - 20 yard splits/ 3 cones / Shuttle runs.

D-Line - I’d love Simmons here as him and Adam Butler as our pass rushing DTs would be so much fun to watch, but he does have that singular red flag. There are also multiple other guys I’d like as well- Tillery, Hill, Dremont Jones (his run D worries me though for us) Also any of the top 3 Clemson guys id take as well. I have Wilkins as #1 for us as a scheme and culture fit, then followed by Ferrell and then Lawerence. Lawerence failing that drug test has put me a bit down on him, as it’s just doesn’t make sense why he’d do that when you look at him. Fustrates me, so I think interview will be important to see if this is just a young guy making a stupid mistake or if there is a possible issue

I need to look at o-line more as well, but I’m not the best when it comes to tape on them, i
Do tend to look at their physical skill set as with Scar I think he could coach anyone.

Re O Line. I too tend to look at physical skill set but there are times when tape just stands out (Shaq Mason springs to mind). Character is another positive trigger for me. Someone like Lamont Gaillard at Georgia may not have the tape or the athletic, but quality character on top of coming from Georgia puts him on the radar as an interesting late rounder.

I made a conscious choice not to get too involved this year. I wanted to see what it would be like to be a less passionate, less involved consumer of the draft than in previous years (there were other personal reasons too) and up to about now it worked but as we get closer, I feel myself getting dragged back in.

Holy crap. I’m off the Penny Hart train

7.64 3cone? Yeesh.

Slick surface and no other drills partly because footing was so poor. @sircole addressed the pro day conditions elsewhere. Trust the tape here; the numbers seem to have mitigating circumstances.

Greg Little's workout didn't do himself any favors...and what's with the 15* reps?
Having said that, I would still have to strongly consider him at 64 if he's still available there, instead of waiting for Mike Jordan or Bobby Evans at 97/101.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back