PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Pro Days

4.19 shuttle is ridiculous. Donald was 4.39

He did drop weight since the Combine, though. I'm not as fond of that tactic when people already have size concerns. Still, he looks pretty good with these numbers!

Realistically this should be down to

Lindstrom
Risner
Tillery
Lawrence
Brown
Harry
Butler
Samuel

Although I wouldn't love Butler and Samuel at 32. Not a huge fan of Lindstrom at 32 either but more than Butler/Samuel. Risner would be a great pick as would Brown, Tillery, Lawrence and Harry imo. If Adderley is available at 32, interesting discussion although I don't think his talent outweights the talents of the others that much compared to needs for the 19 season.

My ranking inside those options would be,

1) Tillery
2) Lawrence
3) Brown
4) Risner
5) Harry
6) Lindstrom
7) Samuel
8) Butler

With apparently some other players rising up draft boards I think there is a very good chance we will end up getting one of those top 4-5. Maybe multiple options will be available at 32.

Good list. FWIW, I talked about first pick rather than 32. I’d hope in the case of an OL or WR it would be after a trade back.

Harry has pretty solid routes. Look at that one handed stab at the end!

Realistically this should be down to

Lindstrom
Risner
Tillery
Lawrence
Brown
Harry
Butler
Samuel

Although I wouldn't love Butler and Samuel at 32. Not a huge fan of Lindstrom at 32 either but more than Butler/Samuel. Risner would be a great pick as would Brown, Tillery, Lawrence and Harry imo. If Adderley is available at 32, interesting discussion although I don't think his talent outweights the talents of the others that much compared to needs for the 19 season.

My ranking inside those options would be,

1) Tillery
2) Lawrence
3) Brown
4) Risner
5) Harry
6) Lindstrom
7) Samuel
8) Butler

With apparently some other players rising up draft boards I think there is a very good chance we will end up getting one of those top 4-5. Maybe multiple options will be available at 32.

The thing about your list is that only Tillery is a strong possibility to be gone by 3w so there’s plenty of scope to trade back providing they can find a trade partner.

Calvin Anderson, OT, Texas

30 reps
4.40 shuttle
7.19 3-cone :eek:

Well, uh, turns out I can't stand his tape. His technique is a mess. He's sloppy in pass sets. Classic waist bender. His punch is poor. Looks soft. Disappointing. :(

Well, uh, turns out I can't stand his tape. His technique is a mess. He's sloppy in pass sets. Classic waist bender. His punch is poor. Looks soft. Disappointing. :(

Oh well. He’s also a bit undersized at only 300lbs.

Hadn’t seen this but Dawson Knox ran between 4.51 and 4.61 at his pro day. That’s very good.

Sure doesn't look like his slowish 3-cone will make much of a difference.

Put Knox at the top of the TE list

After Hock and Fant obviously. I think Knox will be in my mocks from here on out. Those are TE1 athletic numbers.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I was watching Knox last night. He looks athletic on film getting down the field and there is some actual evidence of good blocking technique, which is rare for a TE coming out of college. I wasn't expecting those numbers though.

He didn't have a whole lot of production but he got wide open a few times I saw and just wasn't thrown the ball. What I like is that although he is a bit raw I think he can run some of the Gronk routes up the seam off play action that are the bread and butter of the offense. I don't think a lot of the other TEs are good enough inline blockers to do that. He should be able to block well enough to eventually become a good two way TE, which is what we need. So sign me up at 73, and maybe even 64.

I also think Warring might be able to do the same.

More than serviceable. Metcalf has the work ethic and explosion to win his routes in the NFL.

Can anyone find more current / accurate information? I'd expect him to be a step faster, but if he didn't do drills he might be nursing an injury.

Can anyone find more current / accurate information? I'd expect him to be a step faster, but if he didn't do drills he might be nursing an injury.

There is no official time for Penny because GSU's program never release them for our Pro Day, but his 40-yds range was mid 4.5- mid 4.6 at least that was reported by Ben Moore on our Panther Talk message board, our moderator, and Maliik.

Ben also stated that Penny preferred not to do the position drills because the two QBs he's worked with, Nick Arbuckle and Connor Manning, had schedule conflicts and our practice field was slick from an early morning rain that our wonderfully ran football program (sarcasm) didn't cover before for our Pro Day.

I agree with you about Metcalf's 3-cone time isn't really important for him.

I'm also getting behind your idea of drafting A.J. Brown or N'Keal Harry, and Deebo, in the early rounds as dominant/physical receivers that can play in the slot or outside.

We really don't have a guy with that skillset in our WR corps right now.

D19K4I_WoAEXAL-.jpg

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back