PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Pro Days

4.51 would be just fine. 4.65, not so much. He also had a 38” vert.

4.51 would be just fine. 4.65, not so much. He also had a 38” vert.

He looks plenty fast on tape. 4.51 makes sense with his other measurables and some of the burst he displays in games when filling an alley or breaking up a pass deep. I'm not sure if he ends up in the 1st, but he's still a top 50 player in my eyes.

Uylsees put up some monster numbers today. His teammate Davis had a Patriots meeting. I could easily see him in the KVN role.

Pro-Day Report - Akron | Draft Analyst

2019 Draft Prospects: Ulysees Gilbert III, LB, Akron

The more I look at at Davis, the more I see a KVN replacement. Size and athleticism is almost identical (Davis has a slight edge in almost every measurable). KVN was more consistently productive in college, but Davis had a fairly similar senior season. Each can play LB or EDGE as needed. Obviously KVN is much further along as a player -- he shows more strength against the run, he's more experienced in coverage, has more familiarity with the Patriots scheme, etc -- but Davis could be a nice understudy for a year before KVN goes to free agency and makes bank. Highly underrated player in this year's draft.

I'll go out on a limb and say that I'll be surprised if we don't draft Davis. Love his tape so far.

KVN

Davis

Last edited:
Christian Miller feels like a Patriots type tweener to me. 6'3 247lbs is a little light but like Trey Flowers he has unnaturally long arms for his size at 35 inches. That length is really gonna help him get off blocks. I could see him packing on 10-15 pounds and playing at 260.

Would love him in the 3rd round.

Is he worth considering? Quality short area quickness numbers.

100% worth considering late. He's great at clutch 3rd down conversions. I didn't think he'd test quite that well, but he's a reliable target who keeps the chains moving.

Read another article which said that he once ran a 3.77 shuttle. That is ridiculous.

I'm excited that we met with the West Virginia WRs. People are buzzing about Grier to the Patriots (which I wouldn't hate, but I think it's a bit early to get a QB), but Jennings is extremely exciting to me. I think he's perfect here.

In other pro day news, this might just be an agent talking up his client, but I could see it:

Doug Baldwin approves, apparently.

I really like David Sills for our Pats in the Third or Fourth.

100% worth considering late. He's great at clutch 3rd down conversions. I didn't think he'd test quite that well, but he's a reliable target who keeps the chains moving.

Nice find Easley caught some balls on that Team with those guys Hoch and Fant love his thick RB like build for a Slot WR. Easley also catches contested ball very well he could have a future in this league.

I'm excited that we met with the West Virginia WRs. People are buzzing about Grier to the Patriots (which I wouldn't hate, but I think it's a bit early to get a QB), but Jennings is extremely exciting to me. I think he's perfect here.

In other pro day news, this might just be an agent talking up his client, but I could see it:

Jennings looks like a really nice player can do it all short - intermediate and long. Saw him lined up in the Slot many times too.

I’ve thought for a little while interior OL is a sneaky need early. Not necessarily that I think that but that the team does.

Perhaps they are thinking that with his superior athleticism & mirroring skills, and his adequate height/length/strength, Lindstrom could become a 4-position rookie backup in 2019, then a plug-and-play starter wherever needed in 2020, including Left Tackle.
I hope that they are also considering Ohio State's Mike Jordan for a similar role.

Oof. Bye bye first round, and probably second round, too. He really needed a strong pro day after his terrible Combine performance.

Joe Jackson apparently ran 4.77 at the Miami pro day. I wish his jumps and agility numbers were better, but on tape he is one of my favorite EDGE players in this draft.

I like Jennings a lot, but I think his teammate Sills would be more of a perfect fit for the Pats. Great replacement for Hogan, a really good red zone target at 6'3", and a former QB, so they say he's good at reading defenses, which would be huge for a Pat's WR. Wouldn't be upset if both Grier AND Sills wind up as Pats. My dream draft would be something like this

1) TE Fant
2) WR Butler
2) D Line
3) WR Isabella
3) QB Grier
3) TE Warring (may be very high, but great measurable)
4) WR Sills

Hopefully we get one or 2 of these guys. Especially Fant & Butler.

***Obviously, to get Fant, we'd probably have to swap our #1 at 32, and probably a 2nd and a 3rd to move up to get him in the top 15***

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back