PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Pro Days

Greg Little's workout didn't do himself any favors...and what's with the 15* reps?
Having said that, I would still have to strongly consider him at 64 if he's still available there, instead of waiting for Mike Jordan or Bobby Evans at 97/101.

He's nursing a pec injury. He stopped at 15 due to concern he might reinjure himself, but he was still going strong and was in the 20s during training. Shouldn't be a big deal as long as medicals check out. His testing hasn't been great, but based on tape alone he had first round buzz this season. I don't see him as a true franchise LT, but he's still solid. Definitely an upgrade from Waddle IMO.

Speaking of the TCU pro day, it's disappointing that LJ Collier didn't try to improve upon his Nose Tackle-esque 3-cone & 20-yard shuttle times. He's therefore still behind Zach Allen & Jaylon Ferguson in the next level of DEs that I would consider at 56/64/73.

Speaking of the TCU pro day, it's disappointing that LJ Collier didn't try to improve upon his Nose Tackle-esque 3-cone & 20-yard shuttle times. He's therefore still behind Zach Allen & Jaylon Ferguson in the next level of DEs that I would consider at 56/64/73.

That surprised me, too. I thought he'd test in the Trey Flowers range, which isn't classic bend the edge, but still good explosion and power. That's what I see on tape. Maybe he's already hit his ceiling? Tough to take him earlier if that's the case. Flowers went around 101 if I recall -- could be the right spot for Collier, too. I like his fit here for sure, but the question is how much more he brings us then Keionta Davis.

Check out the thread for some intriguing gifs of him as a receiver and blocker. Interesting 7th/UDFA candidate for us.

Edit: With that size and athleticism, might not take much to turn him into an Aaron Hernandez type role........on the field :)

Excellent agility and explosion results from Daniel Helm’s pro day

EDIT: I should also add Charlie Omenihu, Anthony Nelson & Joey Jackson to that next level at 56/64/73, because although I'm not totally sure that any of them are top 50-60 guys, I am almost totally sure that none of them will be available at 97/101.

Check out the thread for some intriguing gifs of him as a receiver and blocker. Interesting 7th/UDFA candidate for us.

Edit: With that size and athleticism, might not take much to turn him into an Aaron Hernandez type role........on the field :)

Interesting...we should be in the market for a Big Back, though I'd rather not use a draft pick for one of them...so if we can find one as a UDFA that shows that kind of athleticism, sign him up!

Interesting...we should be in the market for a Big Back, though I'd rather not use a draft pick for one of them...so if we can find one as a UDFA that shows that kind of athleticism, sign him up!

With four picks in the 7th, isn't that just an extended version of UDFA? Tough for me to see all that much of a difference between pick 243/246/252 and a priority UDFA, honestly.

With four picks in the 7th, isn't that just an extended version of UDFA? Tough for me to see all that much of a difference between pick 243/246/252 and a priority UDFA, honestly.
Because those last 3 picks might be needed for double-dipping.

Because those last 3 picks might be needed for double-dipping.

We can still use UDFA to double dip. As reamer said, there's little difference between a late 7th rounder and a UDFA. If you had to pick one right now, who would you pick. The draftee Keion Crossen or the UDFA JC Jackson? And I say that as someone who was a fan of Crossen. Having four 7th round picks is just a way of guaranteeing some UDFAs as far as I'm concerned.

We can still use UDFA to double dip. As reamer said, there's little difference between a late 7th rounder and a UDFA. If you had to pick one right now, who would you pick. The draftee Keion Crossen or the UDFA JC Jackson? And I say that as someone who was a fan of Crossen. Having four 7th round picks is just a way of guaranteeing some UDFAs as far as I'm concerned.
A UDFA can sign with any team he pleases; using a 7th-rounder guarantees he signs with us.

And don't even get me started on drafting Keyon Crossedup ahead of JC Jackson in the first place...

A UDFA can sign with any team he pleases; using a 7th-rounder guarantees he signs with us.

And don't even get me started on drafting Keyon Crossedup ahead of JC Jackson in the first place...

Crossen did ok for a late round rookie. What were you expecting?

Crossen did ok for a late round rookie. What were you expecting?

Crossen is raw. He reminds me of slater a bit as a gunner. Which I love, think he’s going to be a key special teamer for us. He may even take reps as a CB if he can keep improving.

The other thing people don’t realise is JC Jackson had red flags coming into the draft and most thought he should of gone back to school for a year.

I'm devastated. He looks so quick on tape. I thought he'd run high 4.5s, and I was totally fine with that time. I guess 4.74 is fine for a linebacker, but not a safety. Probably big nickel only. :(

I'm devastated. He looks so quick on tape. I thought he'd run high 4.5s, and I was totally fine with that time. I guess 4.74 is fine for a linebacker, but not a safety. Probably big nickel only. :(

I think he can still play the Chung role but you’re not going to want him too far from the LoS. It also decreases his versatility to us and therefore his value.

He’s meeting with the Pats today however.

I think he can still play the Chung role but you’re not going to want him too far from the LoS. It also decreases his versatility to us and therefore his value.

Oh, I love his tape, but already had concerns about deep range. Richards ran faster, for comparison. Tough sell early in the draft.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back