PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Pro Days

Another name to consider at OL with our 6th/7ths is NC State LT Tyler Jones, who took over the position after Joe Thuney left for the 2016 draft.

3 straight years as a starter who had a pretty good combine, especially during the vertical & broad jumps (31.5" & 9'3"). His height (6'3", though he still has slightly longer arms than Isaiah Wynn) and his agility #s (7.75 & 4.82) will move him inside, but what an asset to have somebody who not only should be able to be developed as a Guard, but who also could be used at Tackle in a pinch, in case the health of both Wynn & Marcus Cannon go south next season.

Unfortunately, he did not appear to run the 40 either at the combine or his pro day, but at 306 lbs, I would be disappointed if he would run anything over 5.25 seconds.

Last edited:
Anyone catch the Iowa State Pro Day results?

Anyone catch the Iowa State Pro Day results?

There’s some stuff on Twitter. Butler didn’t run the 40, Montgomery ran in the mid 4.5s but that’s about it.

If Lindstrom or Risner are the best players on the board you take them.
I can’t let go the thought that Shaq Mason is playing his last year with the Patriots. He’ll get more somewhere else than we’re willing to pay.

I think D. Risner might be a nice pick for us, even in the first.

He can play guard, RT, or even Center. If last year’s rookie goes down with an injury, we might need to move M. Cannon to the left and insert a rookie at RT. Has Dante worked out Dalton Risner? I’m too lazy to look.

I can’t let go the thought that Shaq Mason is playing his last year with the Patriots. He’ll get more somewhere else than we’re willing to pay.

I think D. Risner might be a nice pick for us, even in the first.

He can play guard, RT, or even Center. If last year’s rookie goes down with an injury, we might need to move M. Cannon to the left and insert a rookie at RT. Has Dante worked out Dalton Risner? I’m too lazy to look.

Mason is signed through 2024. I presume you’re thinking of Joe Thuney who’s entering his final year?

I didn't see it mentioned but Belichick was present at the Georgia Pro Day.

I haven't been able to find any results. Could someone provide a link?

There is no official time for Penny because GSU's program never release them for our Pro Day, but his 40-yds range was mid 4.5- mid 4.6 at least that was reported by Ben Moore on our Panther Talk message board, our moderator, and Maliik.

Ben also stated that Penny preferred not to do the position drills because the two QBs he's worked with, Nick Arbuckle and Connor Manning, had schedule conflicts and our practice field was slick from an early morning rain that our wonderfully ran football program (sarcasm) didn't cover before for our Pro Day.

Georgia Tech Pro Day Results 2019

We certainly need an end zone threat, especially with Gronk gone.

The Pats spread the ball around last year with Gronk playing hurt and not really a factor in the Red Zone.

That being said, someone who catches the damn ball when it's thrown to him is what we need.

As more and more WR contacts come out, the more I'm convinced the Patriots are going to triple dip at the position during the draft and double at TE.

There’s some stuff on Twitter. Butler didn’t run the 40, Montgomery ran in the mid 4.5s but that’s about it.

Damn.. Was really hoping that Butler would run the 3 cone... that's my biggest concern for him..

Damn.. Was really hoping that Butler would run the 3 cone... that's my biggest concern for him..

I'm not so sure it matters for a guy that big. I found an interesting study a few weeks ago that showed a fairly clear correlation for success for a good 3-cone for shorter players, but that data no longer holds true for for players over 6'2 (I think). Jumps and 10-yard split are more predictive of success for bigger WRs. Butler was good -- adjusting for size, he was very good. While he can play in the slot, he's primarily going to line up out wide in the pros, and multiple breaks on a route isn't as big of an issue there. He's really intriguing.

Last edited:
As more and more WR contacts come out, the more I'm convinced the Patriots are going to triple dip at the position during the draft and double at TE.

Yep, everything they've done this offseason has pointed to WR being a huge priority. I'm convinced that they'll target the position, but I'll be damned if I have a clue which players. Between the deep and diverse WR class and the paucity of past picks to judge by, it's a total mystery to me.

Yep, everything they've done this offseason has pointed to WR being a huge priority. I'm convinced that they'll target the position, but I'll be damned if I have a clue which players. Between the deep and diverse WR class and the paucity of past picks to judge by, it's a total mystery to me.

I do find it intriguing that they had Hardman in for a visit. I could see him as the 4th WR on game days being the KR and back-up PR, possibly even taking the job over from Edelman. I'd love for Edelman to only be out there when HANDS are needed..

I do find it intriguing that they had Hardman in for a visit. I could see him as the 4th WR on game days being the KR and back-up PR, possibly even taking the job over from Edelman. I'd love for Edelman to only be out there when HANDS are needed..

I’ve warmed to the idea of Hardman.

I’ve warmed to the idea of Hardman.

I wish Godwin had Hardman's athleticism. He's the savvy route runner who knows the playbook and would be a perfect slot receiver here. Hardman is newer to receiver and not as advanced yet, but his speed is awesome. Together they're just about perfect, but give me Godwin for this season. In two years? Hardman very well may be a TY Hilton.

upload_2019-4-8_19-28-15.png

upload_2019-4-8_19-28-27.png

This years KGH?

No 40 time, but we already know he's the fastest player at Ohio State. He owns their all time record in the 60, although Campbell claims that he can outrun him. Regardless, he's got legit track speed.

No 40 time, but we already know he's the fastest player at Ohio State. He owns their all time record in the 60, although Campbell claims that he can outrun him. Regardless, he's got legit track speed.

Not exactly the same but I heard that kyler Murray was quicker over 20/40m than Hollywood Brown is.. could be the same case here.. there’s going to be a lot of speed coming into the nfl this year

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back