PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Days 4 & 5 (7/29-30/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone want to predict our WR depth chart ?

I say Berrios gets cut

With Edleman out the first 4 games, Berrios might get a chance based on his punt return capabilities..Without Edleman and Amendola, not many choices.

With Edleman out the first 4 games, Berrios might get a chance based on his punt return capabilities..Without Edleman and Amendola, not many choices.
Unless they just go with Chung, but I don’t think that will be the case. He’s serviceable at PR, but that’s about it.

Unless they just go with Chung, but I don’t think that will be the case. He’s serviceable at PR, but that’s about it.
I don't recall any punt returns from Chung aside from a few fair catches. I hope they can find someone who is shifty enough to actually make some people miss on occasion.

I actually agree that the problem was that BB could not possibly have anticipated the sudden precipitous decline of Branch or the injury to Hightower etc. and so he was not responsible for the problems that arose, but that idea will be tested in the coming weeks.

The issue really was BB and Lombardi royally ****ing up on Hicks and then having to settle for Branch. Yes it worked out for 2016 and we got a title out of it so this makes it all relative but screwing up the evaluation of his market and the contract offer (per Lombardi on the Ringer) really was one of the bigger roster building blunders.

I don't get why we haven't tried Patterson there yet....are we worried about him getting injured and missing KOR/Offensive snaps?

I don't get why we haven't tried Patterson there yet....are we worried about him getting injured and missing KOR/Offensive snaps?

He has been tried at PR and was not particularly good at it according to our friend Mike Dussault (via Video: Patriots Training Camp Practice #4 Report - PatsPropaganda):
Patterson made another tough catch today, he’s making one per day now and earning trust. He’ll be a valuable player and the Pats are using him in a variety of ways on offense. He took some punts after practice and they were ugly.

As BB has said a few times.. KR and PR are really different skillsets.

The Pats lost the Super Bowl because they didn't score more points than the Eagles did. At least, I think that's how it all works.
Or because they allowed more points than the Eagles did.

The issue really was BB and Lombardi royally ****ing up on Hicks and then having to settle for Branch. Yes it worked out for 2016 and we got a title out of it so this makes it all relative but screwing up the evaluation of his market and the contract offer (per Lombardi on the Ringer) really was one of the bigger roster building blunders.
Letting Hicks walk was painful given the contract he received by the Bears. The Pats couldn't have matched a 2 year 10 million deal?

Having Jones, Hicks and Flowers at one point in time would've been a nice D-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents