PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Days 4 & 5 (7/29-30/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go back to the threads but leading up to the Superbowl I said with Jones out we had nobody who could match with Agholars quickness including Butler.
I believe I said Butler would be a second to late and he would kill him over the middle.
I recommended hitting him at the line almost every play almost Marshall Faulk like game plan.
I have alot of respect for his cat like quickness.
What I didn't think would happen is them hurt us deep with Jeffery and gash us with the run.
This game was lost in the trenches first and foremost

Bill walks on water here. He can’t do no wrong. I doubt very much that the eagles go 10-16 on 3rd downs with butler in the game. They play a littlemore man and less zone coverage.

Even most of the homers acknowledge the reality of Butler's absence impacting the game. Hell, one of the Eagles' assistants openly talked about it. Remember this

"After the first series or two. We were like, '[Butler's] not in the game!'" an Eagles assistant told TheMMQB.com's Andy Benoit. "They have 23 [Patrick Chung] in there. That's crazy!'"

It's only the most obsequious Belichick rump swabs, and the completely clueless, who try denying it.

Turning more towards training camp: this year, let's hope for healthy stars come playoffs time. That's been key in recent years.

Bill walks on water here. He can’t do no wrong. I doubt very much that the eagles go 10-16 on 3rd downs with butler in the game. They play a littlemore man and less zone coverage.

With all due respect.. can you keep this garbage at least out of the training camp threads ? Seriously, get over it or find a place to keep *****ing about it but please for the love of god stop bringing this stuff up in every unrelated thread.

You can go back to the threads but leading up to the Superbowl I said with Jones out we had nobody who could match with Agholars quickness including Butler.
I believe I said Butler would be a second to late and he would kill him over the middle.
I recommended hitting him at the line almost every play almost Marshall Faulk like game plan.
I have alot of respect for his cat like quickness.
What I didn't think would happen is them hurt us deep with Jeffery and gash us with the run.
This game was lost in the trenches first and foremost

I seen to remember butler doing a good job on agholor a couple of years ago against the iggles. Butler gives up some plays but he makes some big ones as well. Played well in the second half against the jags.

With all due respect.. can you keep this garbage at least out of the training camp threads ? Seriously, get over it or find a place to keep *****ing about it but please for the love of god stop bringing this stuff up in every unrelated thread.

Someone brung it up. Everyone’s been a *****ing about it. What you been living under a rock since the super bowl? It’s a new season and people will forget but you sound like exactly like BB.

Even most of the homers acknowledge the reality of Butler's absence impacting the game. Hell, one of the Eagles' assistants openly talked about it. Remember this

It's only the most obsequious Belichick rump swabs, and the completely clueless, who try denying it.

Turning more towards training camp: this year, let's hope for healthy stars come playoffs time. That's been key in recent years.
I don’t think anyone believes we wouldn’t have been better off with butler playing. The problem is people are blaming him not playing in Belichick when butler has admitted numerous times he wasn’t prepared to play and understood the preparation that was expected of him by his teammate and checked and didn’t get there.
We are shooting the messenger around here.

I don’t think anyone believes we wouldn’t have been better off with butler playing. The problem is people are blaming him not playing in Belichick when butler has admitted numerous times he wasn’t prepared to play and understood the preparation that was expected of him by his teammate and checked and didn’t get there.
We are shooting the messenger around here.

Lol you still holding on to that yet he said they gave up on me.

Malcolm Butler was available. Malcolm butler would have made a difference. It's foolishness to pretend otherwise.

Bill walks on water here apparently.

I agree with you 100 percent

Someone brung it up. Everyone’s been a *****ing about it. What you been living under a rock since the super bowl? It’s a new season and people will forget but you sound like exactly like BB.

Can't we all just move on from the totally counter productive *****ing about Butler?
It's a new season, and I for one find training camp to be one of the most interesting times of the year- full of hope and often irrational optimism, and with the inevitable surprise or two thrown in for good measure. So let's not spoil it with endless pointless recriminations.
BB is not God, but don't you think that he deserves an enormous amount of deference for what he has achieved, and just agree that "we're on to 2018".
I'm certain that there will be many choices that will be made in the next several months that will satisfy the needs of those who, inevitably, need to find something to complain about...

Because the secondary was not the cause of the issues we had during the SB. This has been discussed since the day after the SB (see the rewatch thread) again and again. Could they have played better ? Sure. But the reason the RPO offense worked so effectively against us had to do with how awful our defense was against the run portion of that offensive scheme.

Fix the run defense to be closer to its impressive 2016 performance and you have taken care of most of the systemic issue we had in the SB. There will always be a couple of individually bad plays in a game and Butler maybe would have not made them. But that is mostly a red herring to me personally when it comes to a big picture view of the game.

If you think the secondary was a bigger issue than the run defense then I would love to hear an explanation for it that goes beyond "Butler got benched, Richards lol" because then we can at least have a football discussion and not a TMZ level "LOL BB was sooo arrogant" **** throw party.

Or, you know, we can just move to 2018 and stop living in the past.

I’m ready to move I’m just responding to your “tough matchups” excuse when we had a 50 million pro bowl CB sitting on the bench the entire game who couldn’t have done any worse

You think it’s as simple as the run game, what has been done to fix that? Bring in an inconsistent Danny Shelton? Are we still going to have to watch elandon Roberts get meaningful snaps and get abused in coverage?

I could name a handful of plays especially on third down in the Super Bowl where our secondary was the reason we folded..Richards being so slow he can’t keep up with the WR, Rowe giving too much cushion, badehmosi missing a key tackle, etc

I’m ready to move on but stop making excuses for belichicks career worst coaching performance where he cost a super bowl win to a team which had their 40 year old QB throw for 500 yards and still lose

someone want to predict our WR depth chart ?

I say Berrios gets cut

Last edited:
All you pro & con Butler obsessed assholes polluting every thread, feel free to self-ban until you can control yourselves bro one thread. And you guys wanted to be my Latex Salesman.

George.jpg

All you pro & con Butler obsessed assholes polluting every thread, feel free to self-ban until you can control yourselves bro one thread. And you guys wanted to be my Latex Salesman.

View attachment 20851
Seriously, we get it. You're mad and you want everyone to know about it in every thread but jeez...

giphy.gif

I’m ready to move I’m just responding to your “tough matchups” excuse when we had a 50 million pro bowl CB sitting on the bench the entire game who couldn’t have done any worse

You think it’s as simple as the run game, what has been done to fix that? Bring in an inconsistent Danny Shelton? Are we still going to have to watch elandon Roberts get meaningful snaps and get abused in coverage?

I could name a handful of plays especially on third down in the Super Bowl where our secondary was the reason we folded..Richards being so slow he can’t keep up with the WR, Rowe giving too much cushion, badehmosi missing a key tackle, etc

I’m ready to move on but stop making excuses for belichicks career worst coaching performance where he cost a super bowl win to a team which had their 40 year old QB throw for 500 yards and still lose

I hope they keep asking bill till he gets to canton. Lol.

Can't we all just move on from the totally counter productive *****ing about Butler?
It's a new season, and I for one find training camp to be one of the most interesting times of the year- full of hope and often irrational optimism, and with the inevitable surprise or two thrown in for good measure. So let's not spoil it with endless pointless recriminations.
BB is not God, but don't you think that he deserves an enormous amount of deference for what he has achieved, and just agree that "we're on to 2018".
I'm certain that there will be many choices that will be made in the next several months that will satisfy the needs of those who, inevitably, need to find something to complain about...

Thanks for the dislike Deus. Much appreciated.
However "qui tacet consentire videtur" ...

View attachment 20851
The thread was inexplicably closed, leading to new discussion about new news being in other threads.
Feel free to self ban until you can realize you don’t make the rules in who posts what’s abs can exhibit enough self control to not call people assholes.

someone want to predict our WR depth chart ?

I say Berrios gets cut

Unfortunately I see that as well and i like him being a hurricanes fan.

Edelman, Hogan, matthews, britt, Patterson. Maybe we take a six in Dorsett. Got a feeling Mitchell doesn’t make it

Hogan, Patterson, Britt, Berrios, Matthews, Slater

Mitchell and Dorsett traded, Edelman suspended

The thread was inexplicably closed, leading to new discussion about new news being in other threads.
Feel free to self ban until you can realize you don’t make the rules in who posts what’s abs can exhibit enough self control to not call people assholes.
Huh, I thought I asked nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference