PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Days 4 & 5 (7/29-30/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone brung it up. Everyone’s been a *****ing about it. What you been living under a rock since the super bowl? It’s a new season and people will forget but you sound like exactly like BB.

No. Not everyone has been *****ing about it. The majority has moved on to the new league year and is ready to talk about a different team and a new season.

Look through this training camp thread and you will see 95% of people talking about the future and not whining about something that can't be changed anymore. I don't give a **** who you blame and whatnot but please just do it somewhere else than unrelated threads. If this is too much to ask from you I will take it up with an admin because you are just polluting threads with unrelated garbage that derails actually interesting conversations with more whining and *****ing about things past.

Hogan, Patterson, Britt, Berrios, Matthews, Slater

Mitchell and Dorsett traded, Edelman suspended
I know he's a team captain and a special teams stalwart but I'm rooting for someone who can make big impacts on offense and defense to knock the Slater's and Boldens off the roster.
I know this is a BB team and special teams is King.

No. Not everyone has been *****ing about it. The majority has moved on to the new league year and is ready to talk about a different team and a new season.

Look through this training camp thread and you will see 95% of people talking about the future and not whining about something that can't be changed anymore. I don't give a **** who you blame and whatnot but please just do it somewhere else than unrelated threads. If this is too much to ask from you I will take it up with an admin because you are just polluting threads with unrelated garbage that derails actually interesting conversations with more whining and *****ing about things past.

I am just answering another butler thread just like many here have brung up. If you have an agenda against me you can hit me up privately. I am not the only one bringing it up. Are you that dense?

I’m ready to move I’m just responding to your “tough matchups” excuse when we had a 50 million pro bowl CB sitting on the bench the entire game who couldn’t have done any worse

You still don't get it, right ? It is not an excuse but reality. We had a godawful run defense through the entire year and their entire offense feeded off that fact and not who we had in coverage.

You think it’s as simple as the run game, what has been done to fix that? Bring in an inconsistent Danny Shelton? Are we still going to have to watch elandon Roberts get meaningful snaps and get abused in coverage?

Yes. If Branch plays close to 75%-80% of his 2016 year we win the SB in a blowout because suddenly the secondary doesn't have to fill the holes produced by the DL.

I could name a handful of plays especially on third down in the Super Bowl where our secondary was the reason we folded..Richards being so slow he can’t keep up with the WR, Rowe giving too much cushion, badehmosi missing a key tackle, etc

Like I said you will have bad plays in every game from multiple players. Nobody is saying that the secondary played a perfect game. But you seem to have a fundamental issue in understanding the effect the run defense had on the rest of the team.

I’m ready to move on but stop making excuses for belichicks career worst coaching performance where he cost a super bowl win to a team which had their 40 year old QB throw for 500 yards and still lose

It is not a ****ing excuse. You just don't understand the causality of things. You look at 500 yds passed and you think it is the secondary's fault when the fact is that most of this was caused by the garbage fire we had at the DL. Guess what happens when you have to send more bodys towards the box because you can't stop the ****ing run straight ?

Seriously, sit down and think this through for a bit.

Last edited:
I am just answering another butler thread just like many here have brung up. If you have an agenda against me you can hit me up privately. I am not the only one bringing it up. Are you that dense?

And this is the Training Camp thread. If you want to talk Butler make a new thread or go into an existing one and stop pushing this on people that want to talk about 2018. I don't have an issue with you but with what you post in which threads.

I get that you are still salty and angry about it and obviously you are right to feel that way but can we just contain that away from other topics ?

You still don't get it, right ? It is not an excuse but reality. We had a godawful run defense through the entire year and their entire offense feeded off that fact and not who we had in coverage.

Yes. If Branch plays close to 75%-80% of his 2016 year we win the SB in a blowout because suddenly the secondary doesn't have to fill the holes produced by the DL.

Like I said you will have bad plays in every game from multiple players. Nobody is saying that the secondary played a perfect game. But you seem to have a fundamental issue in understanding the effect the run defense had on the rest of the team.

It is not a ****ing excuse. You just don't understand the casuality of things. You look at 500 yds passed and you think it is the secondary's fault when the fact is that most of this was caused by the garbage fire we had at the DL. Guess what happens when you have to send more bodys towards the box because you can't stop the ****ing run straight ?

The defensive line played awful and you bring up the run defense but it still doesn’t take away the 10 for 16 3rd downs for the iggles. With butler in the game we can get a little aggressive. It was basically soft zone defense. Looked like the Pittsburgh Steelers secondary.

Anyone think Jason McCourty will be the surprise cut of this year? Every year we see a surprised cut.

The defensive line played awful and you bring up the run defense but it still doesn’t take away the 10 for 16 3rd downs for the iggles. With butler in the game we can get a little aggressive. It was basically soft zone defense. Looked like the Pittsburgh Steelers secondary.

Again, guess what happens if we have more bodies that can focus on receiving routes instead of being needed closer to the box to stop the run. It doesn't matter what down it is it was a simple numbers game.

It is not a ****ing excuse. You just don't understand the casuality of things. You look at 500 yds passed and you think it is the secondary's fault when the fact is that most of this was caused by the garbage fire we had at the DL. Guess what happens when you have to send more bodys towards the box because you can't stop the ****ing run straight ?

Clearly BB agrees with this assessment. Why else would he have made a number of the moves that he has during the offseason?
If the run defense is significantly improved during this year and yet we still have severe problems defending the pass then it would be time to castigate Bill for his choices and all of the critics would be justified in a bit of preening and an "I told you so" or two, and I for one would he willing to admit that they were right.
In any case, perhaps we should just let it play out for a while and see if he is indeed right?
Over all these years of success he's clearly made far more correct choices than incorrect ones despite all of the disadvantages that have been heaped on the franchise during these times.

I know he's a team captain and a special teams stalwart but I'm rooting for someone who can make big impacts on offense and defense to knock the Slater's and Boldens off the roster.
I know this is a BB team and special teams is King.
Why would you think a guy who could make impact on offense or defense would knock special teams players off the roster?
There is room for offense, defense, special teams and 7 inactives.

Clearly BB agrees with this assessment. Why else would he have made a number of the moves that he has during the offseason?
If the run defense is significantly improved during this year and yet we still have severe problems defending the pass then it would be time to castigate Bill for his choices and all of the critics would be justified in a bit of preening and an "I told you so" or two, and I for one would he willing to admit that they were right.
In any case, perhaps we should just let it play out for a while and see if he is indeed right?
Over all these years of success he's clearly made far more correct choices than incorrect ones despite all of the disadvantages that have been heaped on the franchise during these times.
So you are rooting against the patriots so the idiots who critique things they don’t even understand can preen?

This board is turning to **** quickly.

So you are rooting against the patriots so the idiots who critique things they don’t even understand can preen?

Hardly Andy.
I don't see how you interpreted what I wrote in that way.
I too believe in causality, which was the point that Luuked was making.
If the problem was that the poor run defense was indeed responsible for the poor pass defense, then that premise is open to question if the run defense is "fixed" and yet the pass defense problems remain.
I actually agree that the problem was that BB could not possibly have anticipated the sudden precipitous decline of Branch or the injury to Hightower etc. and so he was not responsible for the problems that arose, but that idea will be tested in the coming weeks.

For the love of God, why bring up Butler in a thread about the 2018 season?

because someone brought up how the secondary got torched in the 2017 season finale.

Reading comprehension is on POINT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results