PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

that was an awful shot. I knew once the goons scored it was over. especially the way it happened. the bruins were pounding the blues net. and got nothing. then 1 shot by the blues and in the net. that just kills the spirit of a team. it was a backbreaker.

Yup. But that series should have been over in 5 for the Bruins. The league bent over to Berube’s whining and suddenly ignored vicious, dirty hits with no calls or weak calls. Then they flipped it back to more even. That is what you call engineering a series.

When you engineer a series, you get this result. A bounce of a puck here, bounce there and anything can happen. It is becoming a massive problem in all of sports save for maybe baseball.

Pats winning SB 52 would've made them back to back champions, likely lead to a 3-peat, and would've given Brady the most dominant, clutch QB performance in NFL history .
Seriously? Do you feel that TB12 still has more to prove in this department?

Since 1/8/2019 the Blues have gone 44-18. 28-8 in the regular season

Last edited:
Since 1/8/2019 the Blues have gone 44-18. 28-8 in the regular season

One of the most improbable cup wins in NHL history. Last in the league in points on January 3rd.

only midseason
They made a great run, but the way that Boston was outplayed and their top players disappeared is terrible. Props to STL for turning it on at the right time.

One of the most improbable cup wins in NHL history. Last in the league in points on January 3rd.
They said that last night and I couldn't believe it. I knew they were floundering when they fired Yeo but not THAT bad.

The B's started the game on fire, but the Blues played wicked defense and like all professional sports if you play excellent defense you are giving your team an excellent chance to win the game.

The Blues are filled with a bunch of Canadian boys so I am a fan of that, they played lights out down the stretch and on the road....they had to to get into the playoffs.

I feel some Bruins fans thought this was pre-ordained and the they were waiting for the celebration but the Blues wanted it more and their goalie played lights out in game 7...the worst thing you can run into.

I like the Bruins a lot, but they simply got outplayed in the second and third....defensively.

It will raise some questions going forward re: the roster but this is a business and the great thing is this team will have another shot at it next year.

Now..back to football...:)

I think the issue was that no one else stepped up in place of these guys, aside from a strong effort by the 4th line.

I think the highlights of this series were Bruins PK and PP, Tuukka Rask, and the play of the 4th line. Who else did anything? As someone else mentioned, we’re probably lucky it even went to 7 games.

Lucky it went 7? They lose a gooned up OT game, then have game 5 given to the Blues on not 1, but 2 goals that shouldnt have happened due to penalties. In a 2-1 loss. Nevermind the swallowes whistles on blatant and obvious calls.

If you call this anything but what it is, a sham, your delusional. Just do yourself a favor and don't waste your time. Clearly the NHL is not above influencing the outcomes of their contests. Anyone who claims otherwise is as blind as the game 5 officials.

Lucky it went 7? They lose a gooned up OT game, then have game 5 given to the Blues on not 1, but 2 goals that shouldnt have happened due to penalties. In a 2-1 loss. Nevermind the swallowes whistles on blatant and obvious calls.

If you call this anything but what it is, a sham, your delusional. Just do yourself a favor and don't waste your time. Clearly the NHL is not above influencing the outcomes of their contests. Anyone who claims otherwise is as blind as the game 5 officials.

I agree with the notion game 5 was the worst of them officiating wise.

Game 2 was an earned W, especially in OT with pretty much the entire offensive possession in the Blues offensive zone.

Last edited:
I agree with the notion game 5 was the worst of them officiating wise.

Game 2 was an earned W, especially in OT with pretty much the entire post possession in the Blues offensive zone.

I can't see game 5 and continue watching this **** as anything other than WWE scripted nonsense.

You couple it all with the CTE/cost to play/time commitment and where is the sport really going?

Worst to first and "three blind mice in stripes" are here for short ratings bump.

The guys who win it next year should engrave an asterisk over the blues names, they dont deserve to be there with the rest, sorry.

Sucks for the players and fans, as its not their fault. Shame on the NHL.

I can't see game 5 and continue watching this **** as anything other than WWE scripted nonsense.

You couple it all with the CTE/cost to play/time commitment and where is the sport really going?

Worst to first and "three blind mice in stripes" are here for short ratings bump.

The guys who win it next year should engrave an asterisk over the blues names, they dont deserve to be there with the rest, sorry.

Sucks for the players and fans, as its not their fault. Shame on the NHL.

Any team that puts up a 10-3 road playoff record deserves to be there with the rest.

They said that last night and I couldn't believe it. I knew they were floundering when they fired Yeo but not THAT bad.

It's probably the most remarkable story in NHL history. They were playing for the right to draft Jack Hughes in January, and then they win the Cup...unbelievable.

Any team that puts up a 10-3 road playoff record deserves to be there with the rest.

Game 5 overshadows all of it. Game 7 never should have happened. Illegitimate series.

Even with the missed call in game 4, the Bruins didn't lose this series as much as St. Louis won it. I always felt Boston was the better team, but St. Louis was better when they needed to be and forced Boston into their style of play and Binnington just locked the door when he needed too. Congrats to the Blues and their fans.

Barstool showed a betting ticket for someone who put 400 down on em the day they were in last place in January. Odds were +25000.

For comparison sake, Leicester City was +5000 in 2016 when they won the Premier League.

Game 5 overshadows all of it. Game 7 never should have happened. Illegitimate series.
OK Felger.

Bruins lost because they absolutely sucked 5-5 and their forwards did basically nothing all series.

The Blues played physical, defensive hockey vs a less physical team. Just like we did in 2011.

Probably the most improbable turnaround for any team to championship winner of any sport. Can’t imagine how happy you are after that win last night. Ridiculous turnaround. Binnington is something else.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back