PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 8 (8/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise 3-cone and SS numbers looked “unreal“ to me as well.

But look at 7:03 here . not too bad for extremely big limbed 275 pounder deep in 4th Q..:

His “sluggish“ appearance can be somewhat deceptive on those long limbs (re Gronk). Also one should consider he played banged up in senior season; hard to show good agility when not 100% in body and mind. He clearly (smartly) went all in at Shrine & Combine..

Here in his words:

Q: How important was the East-West Shrine Game for you ?
“It was very important, very important. I told myself, since I’m healthy, I want to show the world, show the coaches, show people, when I’m healthy, that I can pretty much do my junior year and I’m still that same guy. I wanted to show all my attributes. I wanted to show my speed, wanted to show my football IQ, wanted to show my versatility, my power and I believe that I did a real good job of doing that at the East-West Shrine Game.”

Q: Did you feel like you were limited physically in your senior season?
“Physically limited, yes. I came into the season with a hand injury and then four or five weeks into the season, I had that shoulder injury. It was difficult. It was tough to play with those injuries, but I persevered through them and that’s what happened.”

Here his junior game vs LSU to back his words:

____

Another Shrine Game find.

It's interesting to go back through the Shrine Game rosters of the past several years and see the names of all the relatively unheralded prospects who were either drafted or otherwise eventually acquired by BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back