PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 14 (8/16/17) [2nd Joint Practice with the Texans]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to hunt for it. It was a shock to me too, but I've seen it in multiple places. Numerous medical studies. Red meat apparently inhibits testosterone production. Some of the foods that increase it are surprising: shrimp,strawberries and coconut. I already knew about pumpkin seeds.
Not many athletes eat much red meat any more during their seasons- since it also takes about 48 hours to digest- more blood goes to the gut to help digestion instead of to muscles. Most athletes eat a lot more chicken and fish instead since it digests quicker. Pretty common knowledge for anyone who works out much or plays a sport.
Back in the 60's, marathon runners used to eat steak before they ran. Nothing wrong with a little red meat,in moderation. But if you're seriously training, you gotta be careful when you eat it.

I have to wonder if it's red meat itself or at least partly due to all the meds they give livestock these days.

I have to wonder if it's red meat itself or at least partly due to all the meds they give livestock these days.

If I recall, I think that was the main reason. Something like cattle being fed estrogen.Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

If I recall, I think that was the main reason. Something like cattle being fed estrogen.Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Cows being fed estrogen......that explains what they are moooooo-dy.

Cows being fed estrogen......that explains what they are moooooo-dy.

1uqg10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand