PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Practice Squad (and visits & workouts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carr NO!
Good place for him. Reunion in two weeks.

Not suprising. Was never wowed by him but wish him good luck. Glad he went to a good organization.

Simple rule: teams can claim players after they've been waived. They cannot claim a player off another team's PS, period. [However, there is no requirement that a PS player notify his current team, give them a chance to match, etc.]
Any team can sign any player to their active roster off of any teams practice squad.

Signing players off a practice squad isn't like making a waiver claim. A team has to make an offer to a player on a PS, and the player has the right to refuse that offer and stay put. If Karras makes it to the Pats PS, I'm guessing that the Pats will pay him at the same rate he'd earn if he was on the 53-man to try to prevent him from being lured away by another team.
It's still a risk exposing him like that. There's some teams who need a lot of OL help and once injury starts to factor the risk elevates. If I'm a player, I would want to play. Being signed to an active roster might look like a step in that direction.

meanwhile some guys mentioned earlier finding new homes as well

Good news for Jetes-binkie-eater fearing people here . just 4 claims and one is from NYG

Ted Karras back with the Pats.

David Jones returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes