PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Training Camp Cuts, Signings & Trades

With joint practice coming up . and possibly a tackle to spare . Bill can have an interesting look at their young talent..

With joint practice coming up . and possibly a tackle to spare . Bill can have an interesting look at their young talent..

How would we have a tackle to spare?

I get their emotional turmoil and dysfunction. Their team was up big in the SB and blew it.

As a fan base......you never recover from that loss. Ever.

It's the organization that needs major therapy on how to cope with loss. I have no idea what that sign means?
Yeah, I couldn't care less what other fan bases are saying about NE anymore because it's always the same rhetoric anymore, but I couldn't blame them. I'd still be sulking too. I know it for sure. I avoided everything in the 2008 off season, even TC. I didn't tune in until Week 1. That's how devastated I was about the '07 SB. So I get it. I don't feel bad for them though. Half of them didn't even exist prior to last season.

OK so this is a thread for trades and cuts, are you guys interested in a new thread for general training camp discussions around the league, up and coming teams, teams that may be in for a decline this next season, new coach regimes, QB's controversy etc this kind of thing or should we use this thread for that as well.

I confess in other years I wasn't very interested in other teams camps, this year I think I'm so starved for football that that changed.

Lmaooo... Brandon Albert retired one day after Bortles threw 5 (5!!!) INTs in practice.

OK so this is a thread for trades and cuts, are you guys interested in a new thread for general training camp discussions around the league, up and coming teams, teams that may be in for a decline this next season, new coach regimes, QB's controversy etc this kind of thing or should we use this thread for that as well.

I confess in other years I wasn't very interested in other teams camps, this year I think I'm so starved for football that that changed.

Go for it!

Lmaooo... Brandon Albert retired one day after Bortles threw 5 (5!!!) INTs in practice.
Bortles might lead to the premature end of a few careers (or at least tenures) at this rate - a few coaches and OC's, a few receivers and TE's . . . no telling. That guy is awful.

I thought Brandon got traded for a sec

Whether this is a good signing or not depends on whether his issues last year were because Kaepernick was throwing him the ball or because he's truly done. From what I saw, my guess would be the latter.

I'm glad he got a job. I think if he is used correctly he still can be relatively effective If I had him I'd use him more like a "move" TE than a WR.

Flacco may have won the MVP and the huge contract, but IMHO, it was Boldin who EARNED it for him. I can't remember a receiver catching a higher percentage of 50-50 balls than he did. In real life Boldin was the MVP of that superbowl run and deserved another chance to make a living at football. He easily made the list of my favorite/respected opposing players.

BTW- it does my heart good to see the WR starved Ravens continue to need WR help for years after they uncerimoniously let Boldin walk after all he'd done for them and here it is 5 seasons later and Boldin is still a productive NFL rfeceiver, and the Ravens are STILL looking for WR help. Karma is a b$tch

Last edited:
Whether this is a good signing or not depends on whether his issues last year were because Kaepernick was throwing him the ball or because he's truly done. From what I saw, my guess would be the latter.
Stafford was throwing to him last year in Detroit.

Not what he once was, but still can be a reliable third WR option. Not a bad move for them.

Stafford was throwing to him last year in Detroit.

Not what he once was, but still can be a reliable third WR option. Not a bad move for them.
Good call on a definite brain fart by myself.

This kid was one of the best CBs in the NFL in 2015. He's a press man CB that gave Julio problems on MNF.

Not a need but if he could be had cheap we could afford to let him heal up as CB5. He's under team control for cheap in 2018 too as an RFA.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back