PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Training Camp Cuts, Signings & Trades

This kid was one of the best CBs in the NFL in 2015. He's a press man CB that gave Julio problems on MNF.

Not a need but if he could be had cheap we could afford to let him heal up as CB5. He's under team control for cheap in 2018 too as an RFA.

Offer Cyrus Jones and Jordan Richards for him.

Notable holdouts, Aaron Donald (Rams) and Leveon Bell (Stellah) still didn't report to camp.

Notable holdouts, Aaron Donald (Rams) and Leveon Bell (Stellah) still didn't report to camp.
Don't blame them. There's little reason to report for them. They can show up in 10-14 days and collect every penny. In Donald's case, he may still end up getting his 100m dollar new deal.

This kid was one of the best CBs in the NFL in 2015. He's a press man CB that gave Julio problems on MNF.

Not a need but if he could be had cheap we could afford to let him heal up as CB5. He's under team control for cheap in 2018 too as an RFA.

This rumor is probably BS since the Saints learned that the training staff had been screwing up the diagnosis.. Hence the firings

Last edited:
Don't blame them. There's little reason to report for them. They can show up in 10-14 days and collect every penny. In Donald's case, he may still end up getting his 100m dollar new deal.

Including QB's Donald is a top ten player imo. His Bob n Swat is tremendous. So strong & quick. Such a great player.

This rumor is probably BS since the Saints learned that the training staff had been screwing up the diagnosis..
Yeah, I think this was first reported when they were still pushing him to return. As you said, the circumstances have since changed and the team ortho docs were fired after botching his diagnosis.

Philadelphia trades OT Matt Tobin to Seattle. The Seahawks lost starting LT George Fant for the season due to a torn ACL a few days ago. Seattle also signed OT Tyrus Thompson, who has spent two seasons on practice squads after twice being waived/injured.

Philly's offensive line has been underwhelming in preseason, though some of that can be attributed to LT Jason Peters not playing yet. The Eagles already traded Allen Barbre to Denver, so to trade Tobin for only a 7th round pick rather than keep him for depth says a lot about how poorly he had been playing.

With that in mind I cannot imagine Seattle is planning on starting Tobin. Right now their best options are to either move backup guard Rees Odhiambo to left tackle, or make Odhiambo the LG and move Luke Joeckel from LG to LT.

Either way it looks like Seattle's offensive line - which was not good at all last year - is in for another difficult season.

I would offer Garrapolo to the Rams for Donald, with any deal contingent in both teams being able to sign the respective player's.

I would offer Garrapolo to the Rams for Donald, with any deal contingent in both teams being able to sign the respective player's.

Don't think the Rams would do it, but it would make both teams significantly better, IMO. A really good QB makes a much bigger difference on a team than a really good D-lineman. For the Pats, as long as Brady stays healthy, it would be an enormous DL upgrade.

Win-win.

Now, let's make it happen!

Don't think the Rams would do it, but it would make both teams significantly better, IMO. A really good QB makes a much bigger difference on a team than a really good D-lineman. For the Pats, as long as Brady stays healthy, it would be an enormous DL upgrade.

Win-win.

Now, let's make it happen!

I agree, it's unlikely but it makes sense for both teams. Donald is a rare player and Garrapolo would give the Rams a chance to actually win games. Donald is worth a Watt contract and Belichick will pay for great players.

Why in the world would the Rams trade for Garoppolo when they have Jared Goff? He'll emerge this year as a very capable starter, and will be a good one for a long time. Jeff Fisher is gone and the Rams have a terrific young team. Garoppolo is worth much more elsewhere, like any team in the AFC East.

Why in the world would the Rams trade for Garoppolo when they have Jared Goff? He'll emerge this year as a very capable starter, and will be a good one for a long time. Jeff Fisher is gone and the Rams have a terrific young team. Garoppolo is worth much more elsewhere, like any team in the AFC East.

That depends upon your opinion of Goff, imo he looked like the next coming of Blake Bortles. In which case the trade a makes a great deal of sense.

The Rams drafted their QB first in last years draft. They aren't trading their best player to get another QB before goff gets a chance.

The Rams drafted their QB first in last years draft. They aren't trading their best player to get another QB before goff gets a chance.

I didn't say they would, I said they should.

I didn't say they would, I said they should.
Ok but no one should give up on their franchise QB before he had a chance.
And to trade your best player in the hope another unproven guy might be better is insane.

And to trade your best player in the hope another unproven guy might be better is insane.

I agree that Garrapolo is unproven but he definitely appears to be able to handle the speed of the game as a pro, and I would much rather have him than I would Goff. Giving Donald up only happens if they don't believe they can sign him, so while unlikely it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there,

Andy, how quick would you have given up on Johnny Manziel?

Andy, how quick would you have given up on Johnny Manziel?
Manziel wasn't the first pick in the draft, and is out of the league because of personal issues not football issues.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back