PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Draft, Day Three Game-Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some draft for Jets there Im afraid to say.

Adams - Maye - Stewart - Hansen - Leggett

like them all

let's if they are able to mess even them up..

Sorry to se Elder go elswhere

I too saw a great Butler rep. in 2018

Then again might be hard to keep a roster spot for him and he would not pass waivers..

No, I made that decision based on tape, before the bowl games, and before the combine. I just posted the numbers to back up my assertion that they are similar athletes. Earlier, I posted links to posts from 4 - 5 months ago, which is when I first mentioned Wise on this board, after watching a number of his games and beginning to formulate my grade. I liked Wise's play better than Jones' from the games I watched. I even went back and watched them side by side, and I preferred Wise for a variety of reasons. Jones has obviously been productive in this league, but there are things about him that I never liked. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I didn't just look at numbers and throw out a prediction.

Congrats to you for liking him months ago.

That still doesn't say he's going to be as good as Jones. Wise never had that hype, and IMO never showed that type of upside as a pass rusher. Where they were drafted doesn't mean one can't reach the status of another, but Jones was a guy coming off injury as well, and was still very coveted. Enough to go in the 1st. Teams take a chance on guys that were banged up or currently injured all the time. Wise went where he was suppose to, or even a tad higher than some projected. I do t think anyone would project him being a double digit sack guy or $80mill man. Good player? Possibly, just unlikely to have quite as high of upside as Jones imo.

Time will tell.

FYI for all the Buttmen in this thread.
Butt had taken a $2 million loss-of-value policy that he started collecting insurance on when he wasn't picked in the top half of the third round Friday night.

He first started collecting, at $10,000 a pick tax-free, in the middle of the third round, a source with knowledge of the policy with ISI told ESPN. By being passed over in the fourth round as well, Butt was set to receive $543,000 on the policy.
TE Butt to collect $543K after falling to Round 5

I wish the Cowboys had drafted Sprinkle.

Congrats to you for liking him months ago.

That still doesn't say he's going to be as good as Jones. Wise never had that hype, and IMO never showed that type of upside as a pass rusher. Where they were drafted doesn't mean one can't reach the status of another, but Jones was a guy coming off injury as well, and was still very coveted. Enough to go in the 1st. Teams take a chance on guys that were banged up or currently injured all the time. Wise went where he was suppose to, or even a tad higher than some projected. I do t think anyone would project him being a double digit sack guy or $80mill man. Good player? Possibly, just unlikely to have quite as high of upside as Jones imo.

Time will tell.

If he can get sacks after Week 10, he's already better than Jones.

You're letting workout numbers affect your opinion. Players do not always play as they test, and vice versa.

I like Wise. I'm not going to try and act like he's not talented. He has some similarities to Jones, but it would be a shock if he were ever as good. I would love to be wrong, but watching him, he doesn't come off as good of an athlete. Good player and I like the pick, but I'm not going to say our 4th rounder will be as good as our 1st rounder 5 years ago who signed an $80mill deal recently. It could happen, but it's still wishful thinking.

If you actually bothered to read Reamer's opinions on players, you'd know that you're talking out your ass. Reamer is very good at not letting workout numbers sway him..

LOVE the 3 picks so far in the draft. Its gone a long way to lift me from my post non-JG trade depression. This really MUST have been a deep draft at the edge rush positioin for the Pats to get 2 very good looking prospects so deep in the draft.

However the TE trade is very curious to me. I would think that when you start with Gronk and Allen at the position, you'd think that a great camp competition between Housler, Lengal, and Williams would be enought depth at the position. What exactly is O'Shaunnessy going to add, skill set wise, that we don't already have that would cause us to give away almost an entire round for the privelege of a guy who might not see the final roster.

I see it more as a ST move than as a move for TE.

a special teams starter who will be active and an emergency TE

All these TEs going before what would have been our fifth round pick. BB on the ball trading for one instead. Sprinkle gone too.

One that's already better than the ceilings of all these guys. Some decent pass-catchers in this bunch, but no two-way high-level TEs.

Gotta say...whem Goodell walks out to announce each draft pick, he gets booed every time.

Philly is killing the draft this year.

Damn the Broncos grabbed Butt

They have no QB to throw to him.

Plus, from what I remember, I wasn't very impressed by what were supposed to be his highlights. Or maybe I'm too used to watching Gronk who makes everyone else looks awful in comparison.

Other than Trubinsky to the Bears, have there been any real head-scratchers for picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes