PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Draft, Day Three Game-Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these TEs going before what would have been our fifth round pick. BB on the ball trading for one instead. Sprinkle gone too.

Yep, with a load of TE talent heading into the 4th it looked like a head-scratcher. But by now it's clear that the cupboard was going to be bare at both TE & DE by 183.

Unfortunately it looks like the Broncos snagged a good one in (the) Butt. Too bad they don't have a quarterback that's worth a damn to get him the ball.

Mike Mayock and I share a binkie, Lorenzo Jerome.

We both had a 3rd round grade on him, most people have him as a 6th or 7th rounder

If you actually bothered to read Reamer's opinions on players, you'd know that you're talking out your ass. Reamer is very good at not letting workout numbers sway him..

When you throw out workout numbers to compare players, that's not telling the entire story.

He may have stated his opinion before, but excuse me for not following every person's previous comments.

He posted workout numbers in response to me, and I responded to that.

And if he thinks Wise has similar pass rush upside as Jones did, well good for him. He'll be the one person that's right in 4 years if he signs a huge money deal. I follow the draft very closely as well, and I don't think Wise has the athleticism or speed to be as good a pass rusher as Jones.

Can he be good? Certainly. I just don't think he's a difference maker as a pass rusher. At least as an end. Maybe in time with some added weight he develops into an interior rusher like Guy, but I don't think he will provide the same type of pass rush Jones has in the league.

Corn Elder to the Panthers is a great fit.

They needed another slot guy with a cool name ever since Captain Munnerlyn moved on. ;)

EDIT: I just realized that Munnerlyn re-signed with the Panthers last month.

The more I think about it, I think I'm going to double-down on Brad Kaaya. If he's still there at 218, it would be dumb for the Patriots not to take him, especially with Garoppolo likely gone next year.

When you throw out workout numbers to compare players, that's not telling the entire story.

He may have stated his opinion before, but excuse me for not following every person's previous comments.

And if he thinks Wise has similar pass rush upside as Jones did, well good for him. He'll be the one person that's right in 4 years if he signs a huge money deal. I follow the draft very closely as well, and I don't think Wise has the athleticism or speed to be as good a pass rusher as Jones.

Can he be good? Certainly. I just don't think he's a difference maker as a pass rusher. At least as an end. Maybe in time with some added weight he develops into an interior rusher like Guy, but I don't think he will provide the same type of pass rush Jones has in the league.

Fair enough. I certainly could be wrong.

If you like the draft, drop by the draft sub forum more frequently. We like discussing all different perspectives. It only makes us smarter, in the end. :)

Walker does have some orangutan pick about him.. (no offense to any..)

The more I think about it, I think I'm going to double-down on Brad Kaaya. If he's still there at 218, it would be dumb for the Patriots not to take him, especially with Garoppolo likely gone next year.
Thats not happening I think the complete rejection to trade him proves that

DE: Flowers, Ealy, Rivers, Wise
DT: Branch, Brown, Guy, Valentine

Room for one more if you consider Ninkovich as a LB.

Pat Ricard could make the team as a DT or have him shed some weight & you got a Chris Long sized 4-3 DE.

Josh Augusta as a potential inactive backup/successor to Branch.

Thats not happening I think the complete rejection to trade him proves that

Ok, let me put it this way.

Kaaya's a 2-year developmental project, most likely, meaning if he's trained up properly, he should be ready to start by year 3.

Brady will be 43, Garoppolo will be either gone, or on a long-term deal as a starter here, and Brissett will be in the final year of his deal.

I agree that Belichick thinks Garoppolo is the guy, but there's going to be a numbers game when it comes to Brady eventually leaving.

And I think Kaaya's a much better prospect than Brissett. Much better.

Keep babbling and showing that you can't be bothered to read posts in their entirety. You're a johnny-come-lately who can't be bothered to even read what's posted in the same post, let alone the same thread.

I don't care how "closely" you claim to follow the draft. That and $5 will get you a used 2017 Draft Guide..

Fact is that Reamer also pointed to PRODUCTION. Something you clearly ignored because it would cause you to have to take a step back.

You claim that Wise doesn't have the athleticism or speed to be as good as Jones, yet the numbers say otherwise.

Deatrich Wise Jr. College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

16 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks in 24 games.

Chandler Jones College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

17 tackles for loss with 8.5 sacks in 20 games across his last 2 years.

DE: Flowers, Ealy, Rivers, Wise
DT: Branch, Brown, Guy, Valentine

Room for one more if you consider Ninkovich as a LB.

Pat Ricard could make the team as a DT or have him shed some weight & you got a Chris Long sized 4-3 DE.

Josh Augusta as a potential inactive backup/successor to Branch.

A DT with a 1.48 -10 yard split?? That's some burst.. could make for a damn good interior pass rusher.. maybe.. have to see what his 1st step is like against a lineman.. If he's consistently in under the pads, then that's a good thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes