Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Before AD takes over . for those in earlier worlds . short intro by Reiss:
Rainy conditions to greet Patriots as mandatory minicamp gets underway

Schedule for today:
11 a.m. -- Bill Belichick media Q&A
11:25 a.m. -- Practice
1:45 p.m. -- Player interviews

First off it will be interesting to see if Hightower and Mitchell join the practice.

What are other things you'll be watching?
Which binkies you'll be hoping for?

Last edited:
My eyes will be mostly on D. Two greatest battles for spots arguably are @LB and @DB but monitoring DT and DE rotations should be interesting as well.
_

On O it should be interesting to see who's getting reps on OL. Karras got reps w TB in previous OTAs, some good vibes came about Douglas while Waddle seemed to be a bystander. Garcia to me is a lock but it will be interesting to monitor if he could be useful (other than pure backup) already in 2017. While 5th OT is unlikely (and believing one vet backup will stay) it will be interesting to monitor the battles behind Garcia with 4 more rookie OTs (one might be gone at the end of minicamp unless they see Croston @G)

@ UDFAs

Most of all - very strong DB class (even stronger than expected)

#34 David Jones - probably udfa w highest ceiling . inj concern . not much buzz yet
#27 Dwayne Thomas - strong versatile candidate for slot/box positions
#45 Damarius Travis - another versatile mean DB machine w strong ST potential that should seriously challenge Richards for Chung's new understudy
#29 DJ Killings - 3rd highest paid udfa, versatile, tracking Butler's footsteps
#26 Jason Thompson - ST ace & captain with potential SS/LB hybrid
#33 William Likely - latest addition that created great buzz with his feel for the game
#42 Kenny Moore - productive, versatile small-schooler; probably the longest shot

Here's more on the guys by Oliver Thomas:
Sorting through Patriots’ undrafted rookie defensive backs

(another position w likely after minicamp cutdown)

Last edited:
I guess if I were to pick what I'm most interested in it would be Brissett's improvement, if Rivers gets time at OLB, the performance of Gillmore and how they use their RB corp.

Question: Do the Pats have to carry Brissette on the 53 man roster? It seems they may need that spot for depth elsewhere.

@ UDFAs

Most of all - very strong DB class (even stronger than expected)

#34 David Jones - probably udfa w highest ceiling . inj concern . not much buzz yet
#27 Dwayne Thomas - strong versatile candidate for slot/box positions
#45 Damarius Travis - another versatile mean DB machine w strong ST potential that should seriously challenge Richards for Chung's new understudy
#29 DJ Killings - 3rd highest paid udfa, versatile, tracking Butler's footsteps
#26 Jason Thompson - ST ace & captain with potential SS/LB hybrid
# -- William Likely - latest addition that created great buzz with his feel for the game
#42 Kenny Moore - productive, versatile small-schooler; probably the longest shot

Here's more on the guys by Oliver Thomas:
Sorting through Patriots’ undrafted rookie defensive backs

(another position w likely after minicamp cutdown)

And why did they go Undrafted again??:rolleyes::D

I guess if I were to pick what I'm most interested in it would be Brissett's improvement, if Rivers gets time at OLB, the performance of Gillmore and how they use their RB corp.

Question: Do the Pats have to carry Brissette on the 53 man roster? It seems they may need that spot for depth elsewhere.

Drinking early eh Tony?? And where would they carry Brissette again if not on the 53?? Remember he came with pretty good recommendations, Bill Parcells himself told BB to draft him. Fourth Rounder Dak Prescott played very well for the Cowboys last year our Biscuit was taken in the Third lets see how he does before we cut him.o_O

Can William Likely catch punts in the rain better than Cyrus Jones?
If so, does this make Cyrus expendable since Jonathan Jones is currently
playing #3 cornerback?

Here a link to updated OP of Draft+UDFA thread with info about all Pats rookies
(incl. numbers, money, measures, links to posts & articles etc.)

NE 2017 Draft haul + udfa

Note: some updates still arriving..

Will they participate and in what capacity was/is the Q though..

Atomic Dawg is a must follow.

As the bar is being set pretty high, I DO expect tweets relayed by Atomic Dawg

Too kind y'all! I'm just jazzed up for some football. I'll be most interested to see the Cooks/TB12 connection continue to flourish, and what that will mean for other guys on the WR front.

Will they participate and in what capacity was/is the Q though..

Donno but the fact that they are back means that neither's injuries are things to focus on going into TC. We know how cautious the Pats are in the spring when guys are hurt, so the fact they are out is terrific.

PS, THANKS for starting the thread LD!

Donno but the fact that they are back means that neither's injuries are things to focus on going into TC. We know how cautious the Pats are in the spring when guys are hurt, so the fact they are out is terrific.

PS, THANKS for starting the thread LD!

Thanks for taking over.

This photo suggests both High and Branch will not fully participate..
No sweat of course. More room for others to showcase themselves..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3